+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 - Citizenship Applications

SVJ2024

Star Member
Mar 13, 2024
Glad to hear!! Must be good to finally be Canadian!
@SVJ2024 , how was your ceremony....
So I completed the ceremony this morning and also got my e-certificate this afternoon.

This has been an incredible journey! Thank you all on these forums for being part of this virtually and anonymously. Just like the judge said during the ceremony, wishing you all prosperity in this land we now call home! God bless you all!

Polkerface123

Jun 4, 2024
So I completed the ceremony this morning and also got my e-certificate this afternoon.

This has been an incredible journey! Thank you all on these forums for being part of this virtually and anonymously. Just like the judge said during the ceremony, wishing you all prosperity in this land we now call home! God bless you all!
Amazing! Congratulations on becoming a Canadian:). We had our ceremony on the 3rd of July. No e-Certificates yet but fingers crossed we get them by tomorrow.

Reactions: Alalac

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021

Congratulations!!! And welcome to the Canadian Family!!

• Love
Reactions: SVJ2024

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
My 1st post as a Canadian (can't believe I'm saying that!!). My virtual ceremony today was great! Took 45ish mins to complete registration as there were 130+ of us! The actual ceremony itself was another 45ish mins with the speeches, oath, national anthem and post-ceremony instructions. For those waiting, hang in there - the reward at the end is worth it. Opted initially for paper certificate but because of travelling soon, went for e-certificate. Thank you all for your support :) will continue to be active with post-ceremony details including certificate and passport.
Woo-hooo!! Welcome to the Canadian Family!!! :):):)

• Love
Reactions: JamCan56

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
I selected electronic certificate when I applies but changed my mind and asked for the paper one during ceremony. My ceremony was on June 24 and received the paper certificate at home in the mail on June 28th. :D I still need to apply for passport though..

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
I selected electronic certificate when I applies but changed my mind and asked for the paper one during ceremony. My ceremony was on June 24 and received the paper certificate at home in the mail on June 28th. :D I still need to apply for passport though..
Oh wow! That is unbelievably quick to get your certificate! Are you going to mail-in your passport application or go in-person?

ATLAS007

May 30, 2024
Heyy the ceremony went smoothly. Started at 8:30am and ended around 10:30am. How was yours? Now waiting for the final step that is obtaining the e-certificate!
It was great!! feels good to have the process completed. Thanks everyone in the online forum for all the promising words along this journey. I wish the remaining poeple to get their application processed soon.

scientistatwork

Mar 29, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
Jan 24 2019
Med's Done....
03-05-2019
Hi all, So my husbands LPP was completed on June20 and for me everything is complete except background and prohibitons. I have not received any more update since june 20 from SCR office. Inputs anyone? should i reach out to them?

Polkerface123

Jun 4, 2024
Hi all, So my husbands LPP was completed on June20 and for me everything is complete except background and prohibitons. I have not received any more update since june 20 from SCR office. Inputs anyone? should i reach out to them?
It won't hurt to give them a call :). Hope you will receive some positive news soon.

May 11, 2024
I agree that it won't hurt to call. I have experienced a very different timeline than my spouse (after the test), as only I was asked to submit finger prints.

In case it helps somehow, below are our timelines so you can see how different they look :). Hope you get an update soon!

My timeline:
Background verification: Jun 13
Language: May 30
Prohibitions: Jul 09
Physical Presence: May 30
Latest update: July 11 (previous latest update was Jun 15)

Spouse's timeline:
Background verification: Apr 19
Language: Jul 05
Prohibitions: Jul 05
Physical Presence: Jul 05
Latest update: July 09 (previous latest update was May 24)

May 11, 2024
Hi All,

Sharing my latest updates:

ID: minionsaurio19
Test Invite Date: May 3, 2024 * Please update
Test Completed Date: May 22, 2024
Language Complete Date: May 30, 2024
Prohibitions Complete Date: Jul 09, 2024
Physical Presence Complete Date:
May 30, 2024

Thanks!