+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 - Citizenship Applications

mastershoo

Jul 12, 2021
i have same situation last update june only language and test completed. whats your office ?
In the same situation, I have been waiting for Physical Presence to be concluded for more than three months now (AOR Feb 26th). It is a sad position to be in, called, sent web forms and non affected the application. Now I decided to apply for GCMS notes and currently waiting to hear back. Because it is a group application (Spouse + child), the last agent told me that my application is waiting for a residency review of someone in the group. Not sure who that someone is :). I have decided to move on and not pay attention to it again, it is mentally draining.

Reactions: coolak2007

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
In the same situation, I have been waiting for Physical Presence to be concluded for more than three months now (AOR Feb 26th). It is a sad position to be in, called, sent web forms and non affected the application. Now I decided to apply for GCMS notes and currently waiting to hear back. Because it is a group application (Spouse + child), the last agent told me that my application is waiting for a residency review of someone in the group. Not sure who that someone is :). I have decided to move on and not pay attention to it again, it is mentally draining.
How many days of physical presence you applied for citizenship?

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Over 1224, more than the required minimum.
Did you apply for GCMS and called IRCC?
Also, did they called for an Interview or something?
I have seen some people got through quickly after an Interview i.e. officer cleared LPP or any combination therein and Few people got through BG after Fingerprints, especially Scarborough office. Vancouver is bit slow presumably. Don't worry, you will be through soon, it maybe on a back burner i guess, and needs a bit to get through to Oath

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Did you apply for GCMS and called IRCC?
Also, did they called for an Interview or something?
I have seen some people got through quickly after an Interview i.e. officer cleared LPP or any combination therein and Few people got through BG after Fingerprints, especially Scarborough office. Vancouver is bit slow presumably. Don't worry, you will be through soon, it maybe on a back burner i guess, and needs a bit to get through to Oath
I got a similar reply that its within Standard processing time and they can not provide an estimate of when the application will be finalized and noted not to book non-refundable tickets or so. I had a lot of travel history as well and I consulted an Attorney. They said it maybe onto secondary officer review and they await info for cross verification from CBSA where it adds on to the delay

aldamy

Jul 10, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
I am February 2024 - Citizenship Applicant and still waiting for the completion of Background and Prohibitions check. The last update from IRCC was Jun 27.

scientistatwork

Mar 29, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
Jan 24 2019
Med's Done....
03-05-2019
I am in the ame boat as well. Feb 12th application sent and for my spouse everything is completed. But for me everything is completed except Backgrouhnd check and Prohibitions. Not sure what to do. My office is SCR.

mastershoo

Jul 12, 2021
I got a similar reply that its within Standard processing time and they can not provide an estimate of when the application will be finalized and noted not to book non-refundable tickets or so. I had a lot of travel history as well and I consulted an Attorney. They said it maybe onto secondary officer review and they await info for cross verification from CBSA where it adds on to the delay
Thanks, I really hope so. I just got my GCMS notes and it says Residency Not Started. Also, the location mentioned E-Grant Awaiting Group Members. Not sure what that means.