Application filed - 23rd Feb
AOR - March 8
Background completed - March 21
Citizenship Test Request - March 22
Test scheduled - April 1
Test Completed - April 16
Language, Physical presence, Prohibitions completed - June 12
Waiting for ceremony to start.. still in progress
Just got a random survey for ceremony 2 days ago though..
I got the same survey on the 17th and nothing since then.
There are posts on Reddit about people who got the oath scheduled after completing the survey and one person called and found out they were scheduled as well.
I called this afternoon and was told that they don't see anything related to the survey in my file. I'll post my complete timeline later this evening.

Jsainbhi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
There are posts on Reddit about people who got the oath scheduled after completing the survey and one person called and found out they were scheduled as well.
I called this afternoon and was told that they don't see anything related to the survey in my file. I'll post my complete timeline later this evening.
Yes you are right. I don't know bud. I just answered that i would choose a virtual ceremony coz of my work schedule and the way the questions were like are you able to use a computer and operate webcam this and that. Should have said no i got window 95 lol.
But I don't know about if survey has anything to do with ceremony. I am guessing it takes more time or something or may be they still planning on ceremony dates and all. But yeah i didn't call them yet. Just hoping it comes soon

Reactions: hhzara

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Which survey is this?

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
This forum has been a beacon of hope in a pretty frustrating process so far. Adding in my timeline for reference:

ID: hhzara
App Type: Online
Applicant: Family (3)
Physical Presence: 1173 Days
App Sent: Feb 18th, 2024
App Delivered: Feb 18th, 2024
AOR Date: Mar 1, 2024
Tracking Link Date: Mar 14, 2024
Test Invite Date:
Apr 8, 2024
Test Interview Date:
May 22, 2024
Test Completed Date:
May 2, 2024
Finger Print Request:
Apr 8, 2024 (only for spouse)
Finger Print Received Date:
May 5, 2024
Background Complete Date:
Mar 28, 2024 (only for myself)
Language Complete Date:
Jun 12, 2024 (only for myself)
Prohibitions Complete Date:
Physical Presence Complete Date:
Decision Made Date:
Oath Letter Date:
Oath Date:

I received a survey email on June 17th, completed it on June 18th and called IRCC on June 20th. They don't need anything for me and I just have to wait. My last ghost update was June 14th, my spouse's was May 8th, and my child's application hasn't seen any updates since March 5th.

Reactions: nirmalathilak

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
I got an email with the following subject:
Invitation to a voluntary Government of Canada Survey on Client Preference on Citizenship Ceremonies

I completed it on the 18th and haven't heard anything since then.
Thank you so much! They didn't want to know my opinion... lol I didn't receive this email.. I must have bugged them a lot during my process.. :D

ATLAS007

May 30, 2024
Good morning,
Was very pleased to see that that my tracker updated and got the invite to take the oath on July 9.
Thank you to all the supportive folks here who have been sharing their updates. God bless you all!
Hi @SVJ2024, firstly congrats to you! I have the oath on same day as yours, July 9th, 2024. Have you received any email confirmation yet? mentioning if it is online or in-person?

SVJ2024

Star Member
Mar 13, 2024
Hi @SVJ2024, firstly congrats to you! I have the oath on same day as yours, July 9th, 2024. Have you received any email confirmation yet? mentioning if it is online or in-person?
Hey congrats to you too, I have not received anything as of yet. Is your processing office Scarborough? If so then we might be in during the same session.

Reactions: ATLAS007

ATLAS007

May 30, 2024
Hey congrats to you too, I have not received anything as of yet. Is your processing office Scarborough? If so then we might be in during the same session.
Yes, I think my processing office is Scarborough! I opted for online during application but haven't got any further information yet.

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Thank you so much! They didn't want to know my opinion... lol I didn't receive this email.. I must have bugged them a lot during my process.. :D
I'm getting ready to enter the bugging stage. Webforms, phone calls and I have to figure out when to order the GCMS notes.

• Haha
Reactions: Alalac

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
So I called
No update on the Prohibitions as of yet. Me and my husband applied a separate application. He has an interview next week
Does it have to do anything with his interview me waiting for Prohibitions?
Thoughts
His test and background were completed
But not APP

Last edited:

scientistatwork

Mar 29, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
Jan 24 2019
Med's Done....
03-05-2019
Hello all,
Today I got update on tracker as Language and Physical presence completed, but my background check and prohibition is still pending. SCR office. What should be expected next?

Reactions: JamCan56

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Hello all,
Today I got update on tracker as Language and Physical presence completed, but my background check and prohibition is still pending. SCR office. What should be expected next?
No one knows!
I'm pending Prohibitions and it has been 20 days from completing my background check and everything else got completed before