+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 - Citizenship Applications

SVJ2024

Star Member
Mar 13, 2024
So I called
No update on the Prohibitions as of yet. Me and my husband applied a separate application. He has an interview next week
Does it have to do anything with his interview me waiting for Prohibitions?
Thoughts
His test and background were completed
But not APP
It is a possibility that they are holding both your apps until the interview. That was the case with me. After my interview everything completed within a few days.

dazzlingdia2020

Sep 20, 2020
Hi guys, had a question about the citizenship application photo. In PR renewal application, I had to upload both front and back of the photo. the back consisted of the photographer's stamp which had name, date, address etc. But in the citizenship application, do we just upload the front side - that is the picture? they have asked for name and date and address of photographer separately...but how will they verify the date? I was wondering if the front and back should be merged into a single file and then uploaded? please advise! thanks

mastershoo

Jul 12, 2021
Hi folks, wondering if it is normal for Physical Presence to still be in progress after everything else have completed. My physical presence calculation is 1224 and we have never left the country since we came so should be easy with valid dates. Also, we were invited for interview which went smoothly plus the officer mentioned that our file looks great with no concerns. See my timeline below:

Type: Online application
Application Processing office: Scarborough
Physical Presence Days: 1224
Application: Family
Application sent: Feb 12th
Delivered: Feb 26th
AOR: Feb 26th
Background Verification Completed: March 19th
Test Invite: March 29h
Test marked as completed in online account: April 3rd
Interview: May 23rd (Super Successful)
Language Skills: May 23rd
Physical Presence: In Progress
Prohibitions: May 23rd
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started
It is now over a month since Physical Presence has been in progress. I wonder the benefit of telling someone that their application is now complete and should expect oath ceremony in a week. Sometimes I wonder if the officer forgot to click a button or on vacation because I see no reason my family application will be stuck on Physical Presence for nearly two months now.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Hi guys, had a question about the citizenship application photo. In PR renewal application, I had to upload both front and back of the photo. the back consisted of the photographer's stamp which had name, date, address etc. But in the citizenship application, do we just upload the front side - that is the picture? they have asked for name and date and address of photographer separately...but how will they verify the date? I was wondering if the front and back should be merged into a single file and then uploaded? please advise! thanks
I only uploaded front and uploaded the back as an optional doc at the end of the application just to be on the safeside

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
It is now over a month since Physical Presence has been in progress. I wonder the benefit of telling someone that their application is now complete and should expect oath ceremony in a week. Sometimes I wonder if the officer forgot to click a button or on vacation because I see no reason my family application will be stuck on Physical Presence for nearly two months now.
Why don't you call them or send a webfrom?

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Morning everyone! Today I woke up Canadian citizen!! :D Thank you so much for everything!! This forum and mainly this Feb group is fabulous!! My ceremony was yesterday at 11:00 AM - online.

A few highlights:

- The ceremony started 11:00 AM sharp, so if you are taking it online, try to connect the zoom link at least 15-10 minutes early

- You should rename yourself as your seat number provided in the .pdf file, unfortunately I was unable to do so and my name showed up on the screen.. lol but then the official explained they would call each one in a private room and will rename you to your seat number

- You will be seen by another clerk that will confirm your personal information and cut your PR card

- They will also confirm your choice of certificate, I picked electronic when I applied and then I changed to paper

- They will mute everybody during the ceremony and then will unmute when you have to repeat the Oath

- If you're worried about the selfie with the judge, they give you 1,5 minutes and the 30 seconds is for you to set up your computer and prepare your own device - believe me, you'll have plenty of time to do everything and there will be a countdown in the end, so that you'll know when the judge will disappear from your screen lol

- Take a notebook or a piece of paper with you as you will need to take note of some important information.

I signed and sent my oath form right after the ceremony and this morning my tracker shows as Citizenship Ceremony "In Progress" and the information about the ceremony disappeared - so if you are keeping track of your accomplishments, make sure to take a screenshot of the date of the ceremony.

In short, I enjoyed a lot the virtual ceremony, nothing to complain about it, everything soo organized. Now I am waiting for my paper certificate and apply for passport.. I will post here my updates..

Thank you for everything!! Your turn is coming really soon!! Have a great day!!

Last edited:

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
[/QUOTE]
Morning everyone! Today I woke up Canadian citizen!! :D Thank you so much for everything!! This forum and mainly this Feb group is fabulous!! My ceremony was yesterday at 11:00 AM - online.

A few highlights:

- The ceremony started 11:00 AM sharp, so if you are taking it online, try to connect the zoom link at least 15-10 minutes early

- You should rename yourself as your seat number provided in the .pdf file, unfortunately I was unable to do so and my name showed up on the screen.. lol but then the official explained they would call each one in a private room and will rename you to your seat number

- You will be seen by another clerk that will confirm your personal information and cut your PR card

- They will also confirm your choice of certificate, I picked electronic when I applied and then I changed to paper

- They will mute everybody during the ceremony and then will unmute when you have to repeat the Oath

- If you're worried about the selfie with the judge, they give you 1,5 minutes and the 30 seconds is for you to set up your computer and prepare your own device - believe me, you'll have plenty of time to do everything and there will be a countdown in the end, so that you'll know when the judge will disappear from your screen lol

- Take a notebook or a piece of paper with you as you will need to take note of some important information.

I signed and sent my oath form right after the ceremony and this morning my tracker shows as Citizenship Ceremony "In Progress" and the information about the ceremony disappeared - so if you are keeping track of your accomplishments, make sure to take a screenshot of the date of the ceremony.

In short, I enjoyed a lot the virtual ceremony, nothing to complain about it, everything soo organized. Now I am waiting for my paper certificate and apply for passport.. I will post here my updates..

YOHOOOIII CONGRATS and thanks for all the noted!!! :)

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021

A few highlights:

Absolutely stoked to hear this! Great news to start a Tuesday morning! Again, well deserved and thanks for the insights.
(Also, ps, not sure if you saw my earlier post but I also got my oath date!)

SVJ2024

Star Member
Mar 13, 2024

A few highlights:

Congrats once again!

Any particular reason why you picked paper over e-certificate?

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Just wanted to share the experience for in person ceremony here for anyone looking for details.

My ceremony was at 9am yesterday at SCR office. I got there around 8:50. Everyone was waiting in the waiting room. Then they called people inside the ceremony hall according to the their seat number (the seat number is on the bottom right of the address box on the ceremony invitation). Everyone was allowed one guest. Guest were seated in seperate rows on the left. I was asked to go and register in the corner. They took my consent form and asked me to leave my PR card in the bin. Then I was seated on my designated seat. Ceremony started at 9:30am. There was a flag, a maple leaf pin, letter from PM and a letter from immigration minister on the seats for everyone.

After everyone was seated, we stood up and took the oath with the judge. Then everyone was seated and invited to go upfornt to receive the paper certificate from the judge once their name was called (like graduation ceremony). We then went to back and signed and returned to our seats again. At the end everyone stood up and national anthem was sung. There was also a message played from PM to congratulate everyone.

At the end there was an option to take the picture with the judge. Guest could also be in the picture. Their staff took the picture for us. At around 10:30 I left the building as a proud and happy canadian. :)

Kids were allowed to come in the ceremony hall as guests but if they were not quiet, staff asked them to leave the room.

Last edited: