+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 - Citizenship Applications

SVJ2024

Star Member
Mar 13, 2024
Just wanted to share the experience for in person ceremony here for anyone looking details.

My ceremony was at 9am yesterday at SCR office. I got there around 8:50. Everyone was waiting in the waiting room. Then they called people inside the ceremony hall according to the their seat number (the seat number is on the bottom right of the address box on the ceremony invitation). Everyone was allowed one guest. Guest were seated in seperate rows on the left. I was asked to go and register in the corner. They took my consent form and asked me to leave my PR card in the bin. Then I was seated on my designated seat. Ceremony started at 9:30am. There was a flag, a maple leaf pin, letter from PM and a letter from immigration minister on the seats for everyone.

After everyone was seated, we stood up and took the oath with the judge. Then everyone was seated and invited to go upfornt to receive the paper certificate from the judge once their name was called (like graduation ceremony). We then went to back and signed and returned to our seats again. At the end everyone stood up and national anthem was sung. There was also a message played from PM to congratulate everyone.

At the end there was an option to take the picture with the judge. Guest could also be in the picture. Their staff took the picture for us. At around 10:30 I left the building as a proud and happy canadian. :)

Kids were allowed to come in the ceremony hall as guests but if they were not quiet, staff asked them to leave the room.
Thanks for sharing this. I hope I get an in-person ceremony as well.

Reactions: Angel1113

dazzlingdia2020

Sep 20, 2020
I only uploaded front and uploaded the back as an optional doc at the end of the application just to be on the safeside
Thanks a lot! And I have a question about the way the work history dates are to be entered. In the PR renewal application, we could write exact dates, but here we enter only month and year. So, for example, if my job ended on July 31st in city A. Then I moved on 15th August to City B and started a new job on September 3 2019, will my entries be like
1) Start month to July,2019 - City A address
2)Unemployed Aug, 2019 to Aug 2019 - City A address
3) Unemployed Aug 2019 to September 2019 - City B address
4) September 2019 to Month and year of job ending - City B address
Please help, its very confusing :(

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Thanks a lot! And I have a question about the way the work history dates are to be entered. In the PR renewal application, we could write exact dates, but here we enter only month and year. So, for example, if my job ended on July 31st in city A. Then I moved on 15th August to City B and started a new job on September 3 2019, will my entries be like
1) Start month to July,2019 - City A address
2)Unemployed Aug, 2019 to Aug 2019 - City A address
3) Unemployed Aug 2019 to September 2019 - City B address
4) September 2019 to Month and year of job ending - City B address
Please help, its very confusing :(
Don't worry...things will be fine and you can ask as much as possible
So for the dates I started with old dates (they have to be at the bottom) and going up to the most recent.
I hope I answered your question

dazzlingdia2020

Sep 20, 2020
Don't worry...things will be fine and you can ask as much as possible
So for the dates I started with old dates (they have to be at the bottom) and going up to the most recent.
I hope I answered your question
no that was not my question. I get it should be bottom up..so in the example I gave it should be 4,3,2,1. But just the way month n year is written. Is it correct with reference to the example I gave?

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
no that was not my question. I get it should be bottom up..so in the example I gave it should be 4,3,2,1. But just the way month n year is written. Is it correct with reference to the example I gave?
All you have to do is fill in the blanks
And that's what I did
Job
Country with address
From year...month
To
Year...month

Mr.F

Jun 20, 2021
Montreal
After two months of radio silence, I got an email from the IRCC today asking me for my fingerprints. Even knowing this will make that my application takes longer to complete, I was glad to get any sort of news about it. I was afraid it might have gotten stuck and I was craving an update haha

Reactions: Polkerface123