Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Netkid said:
Not a problem. My wife and I met online and were married earlier this year. We started communicating in the summer of 2013. We met in person on 2 separate occasions before our wedding, although we talked/communicated all day every day since the summer. This fact was a concern for me, having read a lot of threads and posts about not meeting enough before asking for sponsorship, however, we made it very clear in our write-up how we progressed from an online connection to being married. We also were explicit in explaining our family life and cultural backgrounds, so that the officers didn't stereotype us (i.e. arranged marriage, didn't follow a 'traditional' path, etc).

We attached
- boarding passes
- hotel receipts/ receipts of events, purchases of gifts / credit card statements
- joint bank info
- emails between us, us and each other's families
- photos of us, us with each other's families, friends, wedding photos (40-50 and each one was dated to the exact date, who was in it, and where)
- communication logs: skype, google, etc.
- wedding information, wedding website link
- a writeup explaining our 'story' /timeline; integrated our various documentation into this document

I added some additional things, for example, I shared our wedding invitation / RSVP list, and then a corresponding wedding gift list, and our new joint bank information - and the monetary gifts and bank info matched up.

I hope this is of use to someone - even if one person can benefit, it's worth it. I certainly owe a LOT to these forums and the quality people who contribute to threads.

wow great story and great preparation.
congratulations.
if i could ask you, did you call them or email them or request notes?
I just want to see if this activities bring it up to the front and speed up or bog it down delaying it.
thx

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
we didn't ask for any notes.

i called CIC several times simply because i am impatient and ECAS isn't very good - the only info i could get was that i had SA before ECAS said so - the other calls to CIC were about other things like married name changes, landing formalities and PR procedures, importing personal items, etc.

I contacted the Sydney office twice - once before applying to ask their opinion on the runaround we had with the medical exams and what they would consider acceptable documentation, and once about a potential married name change.

Romance-in-Paris

Apr 15, 2014
Our application now shows: Decision Made!

They "will contact Mr. Romance in Paris concerning this decision."

We are still waiting and very hopeful! Our application went into processing on May 5th according to eCAS and today is the 13th. As I see it, the only reason to finalize an application so quickly is that it was extremely straight-forward. If there was any problem at all, it would have taken more time to come to a decision and/or they would have requested more documents or an interview.

We're holding off on uncorking the champagne until we hear what the decision was, but hopefully we'll be back with good news very soon!!!

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014. SA - 26-03-2014
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
Romance-in-Paris said:
Our application now shows: Decision Made!

They "will contact Mr. Romance in Paris concerning this decision."

We are still waiting and very hopeful! Our application went into processing on May 5th according to eCAS and today is the 13th. As I see it, the only reason to finalize an application so quickly is that it was extremely straight-forward. If there was any problem at all, it would have taken more time to come to a decision and/or they would have requested more documents or an interview.

We're holding off on uncorking the champagne until we hear what the decision was, but hopefully we'll be back with good news very soon!!!
Is your name really Romance in Paris? Lol. :). Nice to see people getting some progress, did you check your email? Hopefully they email you and not send a letter, that would be lame.

Chamon other vo's, hurry up~

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Our ECAS changed this morning too - haven't heard back since Friday's PPR; they sent a stock reply to say our message was received - hopefully today they acknowledge our confirmation of PPR

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014. SA - 26-03-2014
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
Netkid said:
Our ECAS changed this morning too - haven't heard back since Friday's PPR; they sent a stock reply to say our message was received - hopefully today they acknowledge our confirmation of PPR
What message did you send them? The Canadian embassy in Moscow just doesn't reply to anything. I think I'd get more of a kind of update from a wall than I would from them, haha. I just want to know if they received the application, sigh. I'll be applying for those 5$ note things on thursday. I don't expect any info from it, but basically it'll be my way to confirm they at least received the application and it wasn't lost. I've read some people never followed up, only to find out the application never reached the VO and got lost :eek:. Rather find out sooner than later if that happens ;).

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Netkid said:
we didn't ask for any notes.

i called CIC several times simply because i am impatient and ECAS isn't very good - the only info i could get was that i had SA before ECAS said so - the other calls to CIC were about other things like married name changes, landing formalities and PR procedures, importing personal items, etc.

I contacted the Sydney office twice - once before applying to ask their opinion on the runaround we had with the medical exams and what they would consider acceptable documentation, and once about a potential married name change.
Wow.. can't help but feel jealous lol..
One more question to your comment.
We are also contemplating changing name to married name (i.e. spouses first name and my last name)
What is the process? Since the passport shows her single name can we still change her name to a married name?

Thx..
Praying to get your kind of speedy process luck :p

RAYAS

Jul 27, 2013
Hi everyone!
we got SA on Feb 21st,2014. my husband's file has been transferred to Paris Visa office, and eCAS shows that his medical exams have been received. he received an email from Paris immigration office asking us to pay the right of permanent resident fees (490CAD). I paid it online and sent him the receipt. the status online has changed to "in process" since May 3rd. two days ago its saying that decisions made and they will contact him concerning that.having said that, we did not receive the "AOR" at all. does anyone went through these same steps with Paris visa Office?
Mr. romance in Paris can i ask u if u did pay the right of landing fee or right of permanent resident fee?

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 4, 2014 - Rescinded on March 7, 2014
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
Where is Steler in all this? Paris is on fire! Congrats everyone from Paris!!!

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
Canadian_belle1 said:
:'(

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
Canadian_belle1 said:
Congratulations to all the decision made. I check ECAS everyday several times. I don't know what is happening because I don't see any possible red flag in my case. I think it was going too fast, they put it in a drawer and they forgot about it.

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
KTCYYZ said:
Wow.. can't help but feel jealous lol..
One more question to your comment.
We are also contemplating changing name to married name (i.e. spouses first name and my last name)
What is the process? Since the passport shows her single name can we still change her name to a married name?

Thx..
Praying to get your kind of speedy process luck :p
We left everything in my wife's name for her professional stuff and for immigration. We have started using my name for more things - and her passport will be renewed next year - which is when we will have the name updated. I was speaking to someone at work who said she uses her PR card w her married name and her current passport - she carries her marriage certificate at all times, but has never had a problem. I think we will follow the same process if possible. I would like my wife to get her SIN and RevCan stuff in her new name though, it will make things much easier!

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 4, 2014 - Rescinded on March 7, 2014
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
Netkid said:
Your eCAS changed to what? Decision made?

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
yup. 2 days after the PPR, ecas changed to decision made and just had

application received
medical received
we started processing on may 10
decision made and applicant will be notified in writing (or something like that)

In other news, after emailing Sydney VO back on Friday night to confirm passport details, we have yet to hear back from them other than the stock auto reply email.

Romance-in-Paris

Apr 15, 2014
No letter yet!

We're actually getting worried: what if our application was just SO BAD that they rejected it right away?

That doesn't happen, right? If there is a problem they contact you to ask you for an interview, or for more documents, before rejecting your application?

BTW in response to others, my last name is not Romance in Paris :p It's just for confidentiality.

Steler, keep your chin up! I remember seeing a case of a couple who had been married for twelve years - their application took about a month and a half to approve in Paris. Meanwhile my boyfriend and I have been living together for a little under two years, of which half of it is difficult to prove since we didn't change the lease right away when he moved into my apartment. (In fact it was a "gradual" moving in, where you just one day realize that the other person sleeps over every night, and eats dinner and breakfast with you, and all their stuff is at your place and you wonder when THAT happened.) So anyway it just shows you can never tell. I'm sure the results you're hoping for will come soon. Good luck to all others still waiting!