+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Outland Applications?

Romance-in-Paris

Apr 15, 2014
I'm thinking of ordering the notes too, just out of curiosity. Because it's just plain weird, kind of uncomfortable even, to submit your relationship for evaluation by some anonymous immigration officer, and it makes me wonder what they thought of us. We'll probably order them once the whole thing is done and we're in Ontario together.

For the record, one week has passed since we were updated to Decision Made, and we still haven't received a letter or email.

It seems therefore that either they forgot to post the letter, or it's coming from Canada and not from Paris as we originally thought. If it was coming from Paris we should have received it before the end of last week. Does anyone know what the letter may contain when we receive it? The actual visa itself? Some extra forms to fill out or formalities to complete?

Although we are getting a bit frustrated with waiting, we are reminding ourselves that we're extremely lucky to have our file processed so quickly.

Good luck to everyone else!

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Romance-in-Paris said:
I'm thinking of ordering the notes too, just out of curiosity. Because it's just plain weird, kind of uncomfortable even, to submit your relationship for evaluation by some anonymous immigration officer, and it makes me wonder what they thought of us. We'll probably order them once the whole thing is done and we're in Ontario together.

For the record, one week has passed since we were updated to Decision Made, and we still haven't received a letter or email.

It seems therefore that either they forgot to post the letter, or it's coming from Canada and not from Paris as we originally thought. If it was coming from Paris we should have received it before the end of last week. Does anyone know what the letter may contain when we receive it? The actual visa itself? Some extra forms to fill out or formalities to complete?

Although we are getting a bit frustrated with waiting, we are reminding ourselves that we're extremely lucky to have our file processed so quickly.

You won't get a 'letter' you'll get your COPR (copy of permanent residency) which you will use to come to Canada as a PR.

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
The recent PR's from the Sydney thread also advised us of the same thing - we sent the CoPR email back to them and nothing...I was tempted to email the office but I called the High Comm. yesterday but they can't assist. So...for now, we wait for post from Sydney to Canada! You'd think though, they could mail it from within the country if they see the mailing address is local!

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Finally got PPR!
Please update.

How long does it take on average for the next step? My VO is BJ (China)
What is the next step? Decision made and receipt of CoPR?

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Hello friends.
Two questions about my PPR.

1. It says the passport must be received by a certain date. I am curious if this also serves as a bring forward date. Does anyone know if they start working as soon as they get the passport (we are planning to express it so they get it within 2 days) or will they work on some other files and use our deliver passport by date as an alarm to re start working on ours?

2. It also requires a completed return waybill to be used to return our passport. Does it have to be prepaid? It says not to send funds (cash or cheque) so what shall we do? Check as receiver pays? Or does the fee for the application include the courier fee to return the passports? Why can't the image showing how to complete the waybill specify this? :(

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014. SA - 26-03-2014
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
KTCYYZ said:
Hello friends.

1. It says the passport must be received by a certain date. I am curious if this also serves as a bring forward date. Does anyone know if they start working as soon as they get the passport (we are planning to express it so they get it within 2 days) or will they work on some other files and use our deliver passport by date as an alarm to re start working on ours?

2. It also requires a completed return waybill to be used to return our passport. Does it have to be prepaid? It says not to send funds (cash or cheque) so what shall we do? Check as receiver pays? Or does the fee for the application include the courier fee to return the passports? Why can't the image showing how to complete the waybill specify this? :(
I don't know what a waybill is (I'm bad at parcels :p), but I'm pretty sure you can pre-pay for the return shipment, and they give you a sticker or whatever that you include with the passport when you send it to them. That way they slap it on an envelope, mail. Problem solved. At least, that's what I'm assuming you can do.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
I am not sure about your visa office,
but in the case of Manila Visa Office, they will send the passport back using
courier to be paid upon receipt, I don't know what is the case in your visa office,
but you should ask other members that are from the same visa office to make sure.

KTCYYZ said:
Hello friends.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
[Congratulations,
Its is nice to begin to see PPR......
Next step I think is decision made.... :p

quote author=KTCYYZ link=topic=185381.msg3149696#msg3149696 date=1400627497]
Finally got PPR!
Please update.

How long does it take on average for the next step? My VO is BJ (China)
What is the next step? Decision made and receipt of CoPR?
[/quote]

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
Romance-in-Paris said:

I believe that the letter is coming from Paris. As far as I know it just contains a letter with the decision, and with that you go to the border and activate the PR

Romance-in-Paris

Apr 15, 2014
We received the Confirmation of Permanent Residence today!!!

Which means precisely 3 months have gone by between the reception of our file in Mississauga and us receiving COPR. Incredible!

Good luck to everyone waiting for news!

By the way since we got it so much earlier than expected, we still have four and a half months before our actual move. My boyfriend (sponsoree) has to finish his master's degree in France before we go. We never thought we'd have confirmation earlier than necessary, but it takes SUCH a weight off our minds for our upcoming move!

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Romance-in-Paris said:

Which means precisely 3 months have gone by between the reception of our file in Mississauga and us receiving COPR. Incredible!

By the way since we got it so much earlier than expected, we still have four and a half months before our actual move. My boyfriend (sponsoree) has to finish his master's degree in France before we go. We never thought we'd have confirmation earlier than necessary, but it takes SUCH a weight off our minds for our upcoming move!
Just make sure you check the expiry date for your COPR. Usually it's good until your medical expires but better to be safe than sorry :)

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Romance-in-Paris said:

WOW! Congrats! That was some fast moving mail! We are still waiting for ours; I can only assume it's in the post...letters can take as little as 6-7 days from South Pacific to West Coast...hopefully this is the same case!

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
Romance-in-Paris said:

Wow! You are officially the first person in the group to get the PR. So happy and jealous at the same time ;)

Keep us update if you order notes and what they say

Cheers!

Romance-in-Paris

Apr 15, 2014
Zarilenth said:
Just make sure you check the expiry date for your COPR. Usually it's good until your medical expires but better to be safe than sorry :)
Thank you for the warning! Yes, the notice informs us that we must land before February 15th 2015, so we have a lot of wiggle room. I can't remember if that was the exact date of the medicals in 2014, but it was something around that time frame anyway.

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Romance-in-Paris said:

Congratulations. Hopefully your good luck is contagious to everyone in this thread :)