+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
Hi :) lovely family

The doctors gave her an ultra sound yesterday and we saw our (according to the printout) 12.3 cm baby
Baby is doing fine but mommy is kinda unbalanced on electrolytes. Doctors decided to keep her in their care even for the weekend. She is slowly recuperating!

Thank you
Wishing you all the best messenger. It's good the clinic/hospital is taking extra time and caution. I hope your lovely lady is up and on the mend soon.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Kazuma said:
Hey Guys!
So earlier while i was at the office, i read this thread iver the internet regarding about PR sponsors who wants to live outside canada while waiting for their applications to be processed. I just want validation if this is true or not. Or maybe the rule got changed. It says:

"To meet these residency obligations, you must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5-year period.

This means that you can spend a total of up to 3 years outside of Canada during a 5-year period. However, if you leave the country for an extended period of time, it is up to you to prove to Citizenship and Immigration Canada that you will be able to meet your residency requirements."
And the ling is settlement.org/discuss/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16811.

I wanted to live with my wife at her country while waiting for our application to be processed. I know Canadian citizens can do that but i am not sure about PR's. If my brain processed this correctly, it says to maintain PR status, the person should stay at least 2 YEARS within 5 years IN canada to maintain the PR status. I got here in Canada in april 2010. So im almost 3 years living here. Wish someone could clarify this. :)

Oh and yeah, wish you all the luck in the world messenger!
it's 2 different things. One thing ( the one you mention, which is also on CIC website, and probably has been explained to you when you became a PR) is that to maintain your PR status, you need to live in Canada 2 years out of 5. your PR card expires after 5 years, so when you are filling out the forms to renew it, you will need to prove that you have lived in Canada at least 2 years in the last 5 ones.

A second thing is: to sponsor a spouse, if you are a PR, you MUST live in Canada and stay in Canada for the duration of the sponsorship. It has nothing to do with complying with residency requirements - it's an additional requirement for PRs compared to citizen ( and the only one as far as I'm aware). So - you could live outside of Canada and still maintain your PR status. But you can't sponsor your wife AND be outside of Canada. Once CIC finds out ( and most likely they will as you're scanned in and out of Canada like everybody else), the application will be cancelled.

I know that it's not what you want to hear, but that's the rule.
Good luck,
Sweden

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Sweden said:
and most likely they will as you're scanned in and out of Canada like everybody else)
Hej Sweden!

I've always thought about this too.....so I was in Indonesia for 5 months to be with my wife (we got married, had our honeymoons, did the sponsorship application together, etc). When I mailed the application to CPC-M, I wrote that I wasn't exclusively living outside of Canada, and I included like 6 to 7 proofs of intention of resettling in Canada. I also wrote that I was returning to Canada at the end of February, which I did.

So do you think the CIC will ask me to prove that I have returned here? I remember upon arrival in Canada, my passport was scanned by a machine. The CIC, being the department of Citizenship and Immigration, surely can easily find out that I did return to Canada, from their computer? (I hope so...that would be a good thing!)

(I'm a Canadian citizen by the way)

=)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fandv said:
Hej Sweden!

I've always thought about this too.....so I was in Indonesia for 5 months to be with my wife (we got married, had our honeymoons, did the sponsorship application together, etc). When I mailed the application to CPC-M, I wrote that I wasn't exclusively living outside of Canada, and I included like 6 to 7 proofs of intention of resettling in Canada. I also wrote that I was returning to Canada at the end of February, which I did.

So do you think the CIC will ask me to prove that I have returned here? I remember upon arrival in Canada, my passport was scanned by a machine. The CIC, being the department of Citizenship and Immigration, surely can easily find out that I did return to Canada, from their computer? (I hope so...that would be a good thing!)

(I'm a Canadian citizen by the way)

=)
I don't think that CIC will ask you to prove that you have returned - maybe they have ways to know it, or maybe they just believe you - also because in your case, it was pretty obvious that you were outside to get married, honeymoon etc but you left your "life" in Canada, and that's where you're coming back to - so I really don't think that they will ask you much. If you sent proofs that you were returning, it should be all good. My partner was approved as a sponsor, and he had been living outside of Canada for 4 years, and we didn't have much proofs... but what we had was enough. There are very few sponsors that are denied - so don't worry about it. If they have doubts, they will ask you to show that you are in Canada - that's not difficult. BUt I doubt that they will.
Sweden

Kazuma

Mar 12, 2013
Thanks for the reply sweden!
Yeah, i kept on popping that question over and over again because i really want to go back there to be with her as soon as i possibly can. I'm just fooling myself with that wishful kind of thinking that i could be with her while the application is being processed knowing the fact that im just a PR. Oh well, can't really do much about it can i?... thanks man! I think
CIC will find out if a sponsor traveled outside canada while his/her application is in process by contacting CBSA or some official from the airport of the province. They'll try to find out if the sponsor went outside of canada, and how long and when i think.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Kazuma said:
Yeah, i kept on popping that question over and over again because i really want to go back there to be with her as soon as i possibly can. I'm just fooling myself with that wishful kind of thinking that i could be with her while the application is being processed knowing the fact that im just a PR. Oh well, can't really do much about it can i?... thanks man! I think
CIC will find out if a sponsor traveled outside canada while his/her application is in process by contacting CBSA or some official from the airport of the province. They'll try to find out if the sponsor went outside of canada, and how long and when i think.
indeed - nothing to do about it. Just the way it is, and it clearly states in the guideline, so no big surprise.
not worth the risk in my opinion - not playing by the rules is never a good idea with CIC, and hopefully your file will go faster than what it says on the website.

Kazuma

Mar 12, 2013
T_T... Could not handle this long distance relationship anymore. I only spent 10 days of our married life with her because i needed to go back here. :(

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Kazuma said:
Hi Kazuma

Just be patient my friend. Everything will come your way and soon you will be re united with your wife
BTW Did you send your info to update the spreadsheet?
It seems that your name appears alone there
If you want send the following

Visa Office
Medicals done
Application sent
Application received as per tracking
AOR received (1st stage)
SA received (1st stage)
AOR received (2nd stage)

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,
Glad to share that I've received the PPR today!
Good luck to everyone for their next stages and approvals!

Namachii

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Namachii said:
Dear friends,

Namachii
Congratulations my friend! You mean your process has gone through your VO and they already asked for your passport?

Polgas

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Two Six Double 0
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN. 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
JUL. 23, 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ: APR. 10, 2013
AOR Received.
FEB. 13, 2013
File Transfer...
FEB. 21, 2013
Med's Done....
JAN. 07, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUL. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
JAN. 08, 2014
LANDED..........
JAN. 31, 2014
Namachii said:
Dear friends,

Namachii
Wow that was fast eh!

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Namachii said:
Dear friends,

Namachii
Wooot.... 1,5 month and PPR already? It must be the fastest PPR on earth, ever! ;D

Congrats!!!!!!!! :)

Polgas

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Two Six Double 0
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN. 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
JUL. 23, 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ: APR. 10, 2013
AOR Received.
FEB. 13, 2013
File Transfer...
FEB. 21, 2013
Med's Done....
JAN. 07, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUL. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
JAN. 08, 2014
LANDED..........
JAN. 31, 2014
fandv said:
Wooot.... 1,5 month and PPR already? It must be the fastest PPR on earth, ever! ;D

Congrats!!!!!!!! :)
Exactly! how i wish it'll be like our case also O_O

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Good morning :)

New Delhi always requests the passport very early in the process... unlike other VOs that request near the end....
Hang in there

Messenger... glad to hear all is well with the baby :)

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
Congratulations my friend! You mean your process has gone through your VO and they already asked for your passport?
Thanks Messenger!
My wife (principal applicant) has received an email requesting for the passport to be sent to NewDelhi VO.

Info for everyone:
She now has a separate UCI number and same application number (as in SA).

It is also stated as follows:
Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visa
issuance. Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue your
visas as soon as possible after all requirements have been met.

Hopefully the requirements are met and I didn't do major mistakes!