+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
canard said:
Hey people! I keep trying to track my app on ecas (either using UCI or app#), but it doesn't show much. I've read that it's actually like this, not well updated. But I also read somewhere else they update ecas only on Tuesdays (although nothing ever happens on Tuesdays!). And to make it worse, it was not working properly for the last couple of days...

Does anyone know if this Tuesday thing is true?

And as the wise Bon Jovi says: "Keep the Faith"! :D

Good day to you all!
No - the tuesday thing is not true! :) AOR and Sponsor approval come any time of days and night, and ecas updates as well... ecas has been having troubles for the last few weeks and hopefully it will be fixed soon, but even when it is fixed, there is really not much there! :) so don't keep your hopes up, because the novelty of ecas fades out quite quickly, when nothing happens for weeks/months...
GOod luck!
Sweden

kevin002

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Thanks Iay. :)

It helps to know that we can each get through this fairly stressful process by relying on a sense of community (through these forums) for support & encouragement.

All the best to you too and everyone else on this thread!

Singapore appears to have a fairly long average processing time (~23 months) but I'm praying for a miracle! My friend got her app processed in 10 months!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
kevin002 said:
Thanks Iay. :)

It helps to know that we can each get through this fairly stressful process by relying on a sense of community (through these forums) for support & encouragement.

All the best to you too and everyone else on this thread!

Singapore appears to have a fairly long average processing time (~23 months) but I'm praying for a miracle! My friend got her app processed in 10 months!
23 months is worst case scenario. if your app is straightforward and everything is signed and included itll def go quicker! :)

kevin002

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Gary_87 said:
23 months is worst case scenario. if your app is straightforward and everything is signed and included itll def go quicker! :)
Good to know! :D

canard

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
Sweden said:
No - the tuesday thing is not true! :) AOR and Sponsor approval come any time of days and night, and ecas updates as well... ecas has been having troubles for the last few weeks and hopefully it will be fixed soon, but even when it is fixed, there is really not much there! :) so don't keep your hopes up, because the novelty of ecas fades out quite quickly, when nothing happens for weeks/months...
GOod luck!
Sweden
Tks Sweden you're really sweet!

Another question of mine... I know it's a little bit ahead and maybe it was said in some other thread (I think I read MadeInCanada saying something about it)... but I wanted to have more information about the transfer of our apps from CPC-M to our respectives VOs. I wonder how long could it take, because surely it's time wasted. They said something about waiting to have a certain volume to dispatch it all.... Tks in advance dear folks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
canard said:

Another question of mine... I know it's a little bit ahead and maybe it was said in some other thread (I think I read MadeInCanada saying something about it)... but I wanted to have more information about the transfer of our apps from CPC-M to our respectives VOs. I wonder how long could it take, because surely it's time wasted. They said something about waiting to have a certain volume to dispatch it all.... Tks in advance dear folks!
It's really difficult to know. From what I could gather from the different threads, part of your file ( the electronic part that is scanned on arrival at CPC with the validated forms) is transferred right away to the VO once the stage 1 is done. The actual file (physical part) takes a bit longer, depending on where the VO is, and how many applications they have etc. But I don't think it really matters, because no VO opens the file as soon as it gets there... so there is time for Mississauga to transfer the physical file.
Sweden

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
canard said:

I heard about this too. I hope it isn't true. Btw, congratulations canard, you are actually on top of everyone else at the moment. You got your SA very quick. I hope it will be the same to us :)

canard

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
Iay said:
I heard about this too. I hope it isn't true. Btw, congratulations canard, you are actually on top of everyone else at the moment. You got your SA very quick. I hope it will be the same to us :)
Tks!! It was really a surprise for us... one day the AOR arrived, and then the next day the SA was there! But we were actually scared a bit with the second email, we read it carefully because we thought it could be some problem... Now we're waiting for Quebec's CSQ. Anyway, if I can help anyone with my short experience, I'll be more than happy. This is one of the reasons I got into this forum, to help other the same way I was helped!

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
canard said:
Tks!! It was really a surprise for us... one day the AOR arrived, and then the next day the SA was there! But we were actually scared a bit with the second email, we read it carefully because we thought it could be some problem... Now we're waiting for Quebec's CSQ. Anyway, if I can help anyone with my short experience, I'll be more than happy. This is one of the reasons I got into this forum, to help other the same way I was helped!
Wow. sounds good! Again, congratulations. Btw, around what time (EST) do they usually send emails?

canard

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
Sweden said:
It's really difficult to know. From what I could gather from the different threads, part of your file ( the electronic part that is scanned on arrival at CPC with the validated forms) is transferred right away to the VO once the stage 1 is done. The actual file (physical part) takes a bit longer, depending on where the VO is, and how many applications they have etc. But I don't think it really matters, because no VO opens the file as soon as it gets there... so there is time for Mississauga to transfer the physical file.
Sweden
It makes sense...very good to know! Tks again! ;)

canard

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
Iay said:
Wow. sounds good! Again, congratulations. Btw, around what time (EST) do they usually send emails?
Ahhh don't think there's a pattern... my husband got the AOR email at 20:00 sharp (Feb. 14th) and the SA at 07:54 (Feb. 15th). The only parallel I can make is that they were sent out of working hours...

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
canard said:
Ahhh don't think there's a pattern... my husband got the AOR email at 20:00 sharp (Feb. 14th) and the SA at 07:54 (Feb. 15th). The only parallel I can make is that they were sent out of working hours...
Oh yea for sure. 20:00 was way off working hours.. Interesting! thanks for sharing. :) I am hoping to get an AOR this week, or maybe today if I'm lucky.

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Hi Everyone,

So glad to see this thread, nice to have others to wait with.
I am sponsoring my husband, me and our two kids live here, in Ontario so I hope it goes fast. Kids miss their daddy!

Here are our stats:
Application mailed February 19th (still not delivered as yet)
Medicals were done November 28th, 2012
VO: New Delhi

Hope we hear news of lots of AOR's soon!!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
skas13 said:
Hi Everyone,

So glad to see this thread, nice to have others to wait with.
I am sponsoring my husband, me and our two kids live here, in Ontario so I hope it goes fast. Kids miss their daddy!

Here are our stats:
Application mailed February 19th (still not delivered as yet)
Medicals were done November 28th, 2012
VO: New Delhi

Hope we hear news of lots of AOR's soon!!
Skas13 ill add you asap!

And I second the aor thing! I want my aor! Grr. Haha. I'm so impatient! :D

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
I wish I would have known there was another address to mail it to. I mailed it xpresspost to the PO Box Adress. I have done so much research while putting together this application over the last few months, I have no idea how this address thing slipped by me. Grr! :mad: