+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance in US

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, some news on my case too. Yesterday, the Customer rep told me that my request has nearly completed processing and would be mailed out on 3rd Feb. That is more than 13 weeks after the request was received (2nd Nov) and 2 calendar weeks after my credit card was charged for the processing fees (21st Jan). It has been a long wait, let's see when does it actually arrive.

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
I send my application on 10 dec 2009 ... received a reply on 29 jan (dated 23 jan) .. that they rejected my finger prints and I need to send them back a copy of that. they have kept my forms and have proccessed my fees...

can anyone tell me .. that do i need to some the forms again with the fingerprint card?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simon123, I believe FBI CJIS have mentioned in their website that they do not return anything other than the result of the record request. So, for every request you have to send them all documents again. What you can do is that this time get your fingerprints for certified agents in law enforcement and to be on the safe side, send 2 sets of fingerprints. That ways the chance of one of them being good increases. And law enforcement does your fingerprints free of cost a second time, if the fingerprints from irst time get rejected.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtlguy said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t33343.0.html;topicseen

update on my case.

The CSA e-mailed me today saying that my file is waiting to be processed...i sent a strong e-mail...got a ph call from FBI stating that they are processing my file and that a decision should be made in a week.

Looks like the right hand has no clue abt what the left hand was doing ::)

Overall happy...hope to receive FBI clearance in 10 days or so. Will keep you guys updated.

FYI...documents recd by FBI on 23rd Nov 2009.
When i spoke to the customer service on friday I was asked to call back today. Spoke to a different CSA and i am told that my case is waiting to be processed...i'm totally confused. How could CSA tell me that my case was being processed on friday and now contridict their own statement? :eek:

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry mtlguy. I have faced that situation. This is just standard talk, because they misspelled your name in the status search. Check again and let them double check the spellings of your first and last names. Either one of the CSAs mis-spelt your name. Trust me.

sk.aggarwal

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
October 26, 2009
Nomination.....
-
IELTS Request
October 26, 2009
File Transfer...
October 26, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 2, 2010
Med's Done....
March 1, 2010
Interview........
not done yet
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 03, 2010
LANDED..........
Lets see
I sent my request on November 3rd. Today FBI cs guy confirmed that it is completed and it should be mailed by end of this week.

deardhir

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-SEP-2009
Doc's Request.
19-NOV-2009
AOR Received.
14-APR-2010, In Process 08-SEP-2010
Med's Request
14-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
04-OCT-2010
Passport Req..
18-NOV-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-NOV-2010
LANDED..........
03-JUN-2011
FYI: I sent my request and FBI received it on 11/24/09. I called them today and they said that it is under process and should take 1-2 weeks more. Let's see.

One question for those who have already received the clearance letter from FBI. Is your address mentioned on the letter? Can someone send a sample letter to me at deardhir (at yahoo). Or type the sample text in this thread if it's not too long?

Thanks!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deardhir,
Read through the posts in this thread. There is one sample letter posted by anushauc.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sk.aggarwal said:
I sent my request on November 3rd. Today FBI cs guy confirmed that it is completed and it should be mailed by end of this week.
Check again tomorrow. Maybe the dates would have changed by then ;D I called today and they said they will mail on Feb 4th, last week (Thursday) they had said that they will mail by Feb 3rd.

arsn21

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got call back from FBI -- Officially the processing time is atleast 12 weeks --

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, they started accepting that 8-10 weeks was not a true statement. I am close to completing 14 weeks, and was just told that my results were mailed out today. Let's see by when we can get them. My request was received by them on 2nd Nov. So, you can calculate the dalay. Mode of payment was Credit Card. Charge on the Credit card happened on the 21st Jan.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Finally, they started accepting that 8-10 weeks was not a true statement. I am close to completing 14 weeks, and was just told that my results were mailed out today. Let's see by when we can get them. My request was received by them on 2nd Nov. So, you can calculate the dalay. Mode of payment was Credit Card. Charge on the Credit card happened on the 21st Jan.
I'm glad your wait is over. 8)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtlguy, Indeed the wait is over. This is also the trend that I have seen with other cases. The day they say that they mailed out the results is actually the day they are received. Pretty strange why they do it this way. So, I received my results from FBI today and the long wait is finally over. It says that the results were returned on 25th Jan and the letter is dated 28th Jan, but still they kept saying to me till 2 days back that they are yet to be mailed out.