+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance in US

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks anushauc :) And, trend is same as yours. The letters were mailed on 1st Feb, but customer rep kept saying that they were mailed out on 4th Feb. A normal mail cannot travel within 1 day from WV to WA. However, it did reach me on 4th Feb, meaning that it was indeed dispatched on 1st Feb. Anyway, good luck to all who are still waiting. Definitely a learning experience.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glad you recd it...i hope and pray that my wait will be over in the near future.

Just got an e-mail today stating that it takes 10 weeks for processing and i sent them a one liner stating that today marks the end of 11 weeks. :p

Sometimes I wonder if they are toying us...hard to believe that people working for FBI would lack basic math skills. ;D

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
FYI guys

I applied for FBI clearance for my wife on November 6th 2009. FBI received it on Nov 9th. I received a NO ARREST RECORD (without any signature or stamp on it) on 6th February 2010. Process is taking around 3 months (up from 3 weeks when I did mine in 2008)!!!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Hey garian4u, did you get your FBI certificate? thats good to hear...
Yes Pasi, I did :) finally after an excruciatingly long wait of more than 3 months.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpapdp.1984 said:
FYI guys

I applied for FBI clearance for my wife on November 6th 2009. FBI received it on Nov 9th. I received a NO ARREST RECORD (without any signature or stamp on it) on 6th February 2010. Process is taking around 3 months (up from 3 weeks when I did mine in 2008)!!!
mpapdp.1984,
Exactly. I had done once in 2008, and got a result back in 1.5 weeks. This time more than 3 months and no signature or stamp on it. :-X

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
garian4u said:
mpapdp.1984,
Exactly. I had done once in 2008, and got a result back in 1.5 weeks. This time more than 3 months and no signature or stamp on it. :-X
I guess if they are sending the same letter format to everyone (no stamp or signature) then the Canadian consulate should not have any problems accepting it.

A

anushauc

Mine does not have sign or any stamp either .. But it has a watermark , which will serve as proof that it is original ..

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
I guess you could contact the police department in the county you lived in the US and ask them to send you background check. I am not sure if this will work. I had the same issue getting police clearences from the US. I also attached email communication by which I contacted the police department.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fbi-fingerprint-result-how-long-does-it-take-to-get-ainp-t34093.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/h1alberta-pnpnominations-nov09-and-laterpcc-fbicic-application-discussion-t30486.420.html

from the above threads it is clear that people who have applied well after me have their credit cards charged. My application was received on Nov 23rd. I am sure if I call FBI, there is no way I convince them that they are not processing the applications based in the order it was received.

Makes me wonder if people applying from within US are given preference over people applying from the rest of the world. As of yesterday the Money Order has not been cashed.

Friends, any input? I am clueless about what to do next. Will I be able to talk to a supervisor?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtlguy, you will not be able to talk to a supervisor. Even if you did, it will be a Call Centre Manager, not someone in FBI CJIS. So, you will have to wait for your time. You are wrong about the preference to people aplying from the US. I was an applicant from the US as I am in the US and my consulate is Buffalo. That didn't make a difference. It took CJIS 11.5 weeks to charge my credit card and another 2 weeks before I got my results. My case was received by them on 2nd Nov, credit card charged on 21st Jan and results received on 4th Feb. Calculate yours. Hope that helps

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply garian! Tomorrow marks the end of 12th week and Monday will be the start of 13th week of processing.

I am very close to getting my PR. If I had my FBI PCC by now the chances of getting PR by end of april is pretty high. I am on a work permit and people r losing jobs left right and center. Thats why I am worried!

On a different note..i saw that your rating was -1. My rating feel from 5 to 1 within a span of 2-3 weeks. I must have said something wrong...anyways bumped you with a + rating as i always value your input.

I will keep everyone posted regarding my FBI PCC.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks mtlguy. Not sure what resulted in my -1 Rating, bcoz till date I haven't said anything incorrect. Must be abusive language for the FBI ;) But on your case, I guess you should see a charge within a day or two. Keep calling the CJIS guys almost daily till you see a charge. Once you see the charge, you will get it within 2 weeks. Good luck with your PR. Your journey seems to be short. Mine has just started, as Buffalo has a queue of 12 months and my 12 months started yesterday :(

A

anushauc

Hey Garian4u .. Has ure eCAS status changed ?
Delhi seems to be be working very fast for some ppl .. I also hopefully chk eCAS n my mail everyday , but no news yet :(
All the best :)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anushauc,
Unfortunately, my visa office is Buffalo which is the slowest. It will take 4-6 weeks for the status to even become "Received by visa office". So, it's a long wait for me. Hope the best for you. I did hear that ND is working real fast. Good for you. I am stuck at the moment.