+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Himalaya1 said:
Hi!
From the information given here about the Express Entry, I understand that after ECA and IELTS I have to fill up the Express Entry form online.
Do I have to show the proof of funds at this stage? And what should be the minimum duration that I can give my bank statement for? I mean to ask, does the government check last six months balance in the account or even lesser time.

Regards
As already stated, you don't need to show Proof of Funds at this stage.

However, to be on the safer side, it is advisable to maintain a good account balance for at least a period of 6 months (Please note that this is not mandatory). CIC asks for the average balance of 6 months to see if there is any recent large deposit that might indicate borrowed funds. Even if there is a large, recent deposit but you have a valid reason for it (sale of a house/car/jewellery etc) then you can provide with them with those receipts along with a Letter of Explanation that describes how you got those funds.

Hope this helps.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Himalaya1 said:
That is very useful piece of information. If you can give me some more details on this, I shall be grateful.

Regards
What more details do you need? If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to answer them (If I know the answer, of course ;) )?

shelinkid

May 23, 2015
Hello

Thank you for your post it's very Educative.
However I'm sort of confused about the Eligibility criteria.
Reasons is, I created my created my my express entry account and filled up the required information as below:

Highest Education:Master degree in IT
Credential assessment : Done for both first and second degree and equivalent to Canada's Bachelors and Masters degree.
IELTS : Listening 7.5, Reading 6.5, Writing 7.0,Speaking 7.0.
Work experience : More than 10yrs in IT /Telecom
Connection to Canada I terms of Job or schooling :None

My wife has a Higher National Diploma in Insurance but has neither done IELTS nor her Credential evaluation, although we plan to do this soonest.

The issue is that I received a notification that I am ineligible for the express entry. What is the likely issue because as far as I'm concerned, I meet all the criteria.

My NOC is 2171 and I stated a fund of 30000 for a family of five.

Please advise.

Thank you.

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if it's too late to ask this.
I have 2 year post grad diploma from canada and 3 year bachelor.

In education what was i supposed to chose.

I chose 2 degree or diploma out of which one is more than 3 years.
Note- i have my eca and i have already submitted my application.

I hope i did the right thing.
Please advise

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
sugan28 said:
I updated my express entry profile. Expecting increase in points. I dont see any change in points .How long it' will take to get new points?
how long have you been waiting? mine took about 5mins when i finally figured out how to transmit it correctly. once you finished your update and sent it did it ask you for the online signature where you provide your password again? if not then you have to transmit it apart from updating the profile itself.

sugan28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
26-10-2015
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
I updated my profile today morning.I did transmission of updated profile.still no change in points

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adi1989 said:
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if it's too late to ask this.
I have 2 year post grad diploma from canada and 3 year bachelor.

In education what was i supposed to chose.

I chose 2 degree or diploma out of which one is more than 3 years.
Note- i have my eca and i have already submitted my application.

I hope i did the right thing.
Please advise
Choose Bachelors for your undergraduate degree and Two or more...' option for your post graduate diploma.

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
Hi all,

Been reading through this thread, thanks for all the help and great info. I got an ITA for NBPNP, i am trying to put together my documents asap as I am running out of time and would appreciate any help. I have a few quick questions..

1.For the IELTS and my degree transcript, do I get the envelopes sent directly to NBPNP or is it OK if I get sealed envelopes sent to me then include them in my application? Who should these be addressed to??

2. In my work experience letter, I worked for 10 months at a particular salary then got a raise. should I include that my title and role was the same, and then salary 1 was xxx per annum and salary 2 xxxx per annum after raise, will that be fine? Wanna make sure I get everything in 1 shot.

3. Is a scanned copy of birth certificate fine? I was born in India

4. I am currently employed in NB on a work visa, do I need to include the net worth statement or proof of bank funds? I believe it is not required, correct? Will save me some hassle.

5. For the photos required in the application, do they have to be a particular size or format? is there a standardized form?

6. I have worked a few different jobs but I am claiming experience on only my main job from last year which was in the right NOC, I need to list all other jobs in the NBPNP application but I don't need references for them right? Many of them were while I was studying in University like research and teaching assistant, does this need to be included?

7. I have not filed any income tax returns in Canada yet (stupid of me but I saw that all mine were not mandatory) so I don't think I have a notice of assessment, I have a T4. Is this a problem? I'm worried about this.

Thanks all

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twztedelegance said:
Hi all,

Been reading through this thread, thanks for all the help and great info. I got an ITA for NBPNP, i am trying to put together my documents asap as I am running out of time and would appreciate any help. I have a few quick questions..

1.For the IELTS and my degree transcript, do I get the envelopes sent directly to NBPNP or is it OK if I get sealed envelopes sent to me then include them in my application? Who should these be addressed to??

You can submit the IELTS report yourself - make sure you send an original report. If your degree was received in Canada, you can send them the transcripts received in a sealed and endorsed envelope from your institution in addition to degree certificate copy. If your degree is a foreign education credential, you will have to follow their process depending on the ECA agency you employed for assessment.

2. In my work experience letter, I worked for 10 months at a particular salary then got a raise. should I include that my title and role was the same, and then salary 1 was xxx per annum and salary 2 xxxx per annum after raise, will that be fine? Wanna make sure I get everything in 1 shot.

That should be fine if there was no change in NOC. You can even exclude the pre-raise salary and just mention the final salary.

3. Is a scanned copy of birth certificate fine? I was born in India

The application for NBPNP under EE requires you to send hard copies of all documents along with the application. A copy of the birth certificate would suffice.

4. I am currently employed in NB on a work visa, do I need to include the net worth statement or proof of bank funds? I believe it is not required, correct? Will save me some hassle.

Not required if you qualify under CEC or are holding an LMIA supported job offer - NBPNP take their cues from CIC on this front.

5. For the photos required in the application, do they have to be a particular size or format? is there a standardized form?

Use these specifications ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

6. I have worked a few different jobs but I am claiming experience on only my main job from last year which was in the right NOC, I need to list all other jobs in the NBPNP application but I don't need references for them right? Many of them were while I was studying in University like research and teaching assistant, does this need to be included?

You don't need to include the part-time jobs while you were a full-time student - those won't get you points. Include only those jobs which get you points and explain the same in your application.

Thanks all

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
Thank you very much!! :D

My last question was, I have not filed any income tax returns in Canada yet (stupid of me but I saw that all mine were not mandatory) so I don't think I have a notice of assessment, I have a T4. Is this a problem? I'm worried about this, but as my income tax is cut at source I don't believe I owe any money, i just need returns

Appreciate the help.. gotta love forums :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twztedelegance said:
Thank you very much!! :D

My last question was, I have not filed any income tax returns in Canada yet (stupid of me but I saw that all mine were not mandatory) so I don't think I have a notice of assessment, I have a T4. Is this a problem? I'm worried about this, but as my income tax is cut at source I don't believe I owe any money, i just need returns

Appreciate the help.. gotta love forums :)
Check with a tax/immigration lawyer to see how you could file your tax returns before sending in your application. As far as I understand, the process ends with filing (even if it is an administrative formality). If you haven't filed your returns, that could be a problem even though you might not owe them any money.

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
Alright thank you, I will complete all my previous years ASAP in the next week and mail them in, and if possible I will consult a lawyer. Your help is much appreciated. Hope everything will work out fine for me.

J Khan

Aug 14, 2015
Re: PNP

hi everyone!

my score is 400 and i have received p/t interest letter, but i am confuse whether to apply for PNP or not. i dont know if they would grant me the PNP on 400 or is it going to just the waste of money?. please advise.