+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vanthle said:
Hi,

Can someone please give me the answer for following questions:

1. Will I be able to update my language score if I retake once I submit my application?

Yes.

2. Do I still need to register with job bank no matter I have job offer (LMIA exemption) or not?

If you have a valid job offer supported by a positive LMIA, then, I don't think you need to register with job bank. Otherwise, you have to - NO EXCEPTIONS.

3. What information do I need to include in job letter when I get ITA ?

Evidence of Qualifying Work Experience
For the principal applicant:

Letters of reference from all your employers in the skilled trade occupation identified in your application for all
periods of qualifying work experience;
and

Evidence of how you met the requirements to practice independently in that skilled trade occupation before
gaining your qualifying work experience, according to the regulations in place where the work was performed.
Letters of reference must be:

written on company letterhead,

signed by the responsible officer/supervisor,

show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses, and

stamped with the company's official seal (if possible).
Letters of reference must include all of the following information:

the specific period of your employment with the company,

the position(s)/title(s) you have held during your period of employment, and the time you spent in each position,

your main responsibilities and duties in each position,

your total annual salary plus benefits in each position, and

the number of hours worked per week in each position.
Additional supporting documents may include:

copies of work contracts, and

copies of pay stubs.
If you worked full-time in Canada in the past 5 years, with the appropriate authorization, in the skilled trade
occupation identified in your application, provide:

original letter(s) of reference (as per requirements stated above) from your past Canadian employer(s),

a copy of any T4 slips from the Canada Revenue Agency, if available, and

a copy of your authorization to work in Canada.
Important:
when submitting your tax information, be sure to black out your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to protect
this personal information.
Note:
If you are unable to submit letters of reference as requested, you must provide other sufficient documentation
to satisfy an officer that you have the required work experience in the skilled trade occupation identified in your
application. If you were self-employed, you must also submit satisfactory evidence of the required work experience
(e.g. articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income,
reference letters from clients, etc.). Self-employed individuals must provide documentation from 3
rd
party individual(s)
indicating the service provided along with payment details. Self-declared main duties or affidavits are not sufficient
evidence of work experience.

4. Beside letter of employment, do I need to submit other proofs for my work experience outside Canada

You can submit your pay slips, your promotion letter, your salary hike letter, your appreciation letter, job offer letter etc.
Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanthle said:
Hi,

Can someone please give me the answer for following questions:

3. What information do I need to include in job letter when I get ITA ?

Check 'proof of work experience' here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

4. Beside letter of employment, do I need to submit other proofs for my work experience outside Canada

If you are claiming points for that experience (either on CRS or program eligibility or both), Yes. Letter of employment has to contain all details required by CIC.

Thanks in advance.

angel0815

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hi everyone!

Would greatly appreciate your advice. Kindly share your views as I'm in the dark on the step to make.

I made an express entry application in July and it was approved. Am suppose to do up the job bank part, but I changed my job preference. After doing so my status changed from eligible to ineligible. I couldn't make any revisions anymore.

Can I reapply again? Please do guide me on the steps to make. Do I need to start all over again or I need to keep some details...example MyCIC account, etc....?

Thank you very much.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angel0815 said:
Hi everyone!

Would greatly appreciate your advice. Kindly share your views as I'm in the dark on the step to make.

I made an express entry application in July and it was approved. Am suppose to do up the job bank part, but I changed my job preference. After doing so my status changed from eligible to ineligible. I couldn't make any revisions anymore.

Can I reapply again? Please do guide me on the steps to make. Do I need to start all over again or I need to keep some details...example MyCIC account, etc....?

Thank you very much.
As your profile is ineligible, you will have to create a new one from scratch. You can use the same GCKey or create a fresh GCKey.

kjgandhi

Aug 11, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Considering the past draws, the chances of getting an ITA for your score are very bleak. I suggest you to re-take the IELTS test and try to get a CLB-9 (L-8 and R/W/S - 7). You will definitely get a score more than 400. Plus, you can get an ECA report for your wife too. Ask her to take IELTS too (If she has not done it yet). You will get a much higher CRS. Good luck!
First of all thanks for your reply. :)
My wife has also given IELTS and overall she scored 6. Only in writing she scored 5.5 but average is 6. I m considering for her ECA. Also suggest IDP or BC for IELTS. I gave from IDP. I think the marking for speaking task was on a bit stricter side. I will consider your advise of retaking IELTS. Is it necessary for my wife to retake IELTS ??? I don't think so.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Hi,
Could anyone put some light...i worked in automobile dealer ship ,but it is closed now...would cic consider my that wrk experience???
Noc-6421 is correct for sale person in automobile dealership...
Thanksss

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
Hi,
Could anyone put some light...i worked in automobile dealer ship ,but it is closed now...would cic consider my that wrk experience???
Noc-6421 is correct for sale person in automobile dealership...
Thanksss
NOC 6421 is NOC C - won't help with FSW eligibility for EE.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
But asivad EE is for all noc's....i mean i searched cic website but not found that any specification noc's for FSW...
Kindly tell ..thnkssss

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
But asivad EE is for all noc's....i mean i searched cic website but not found that any specification noc's for FSW...
Kindly tell ..thnkssss
Partially true. For FSW & CEC eligibility, your work experience should be in NOC 0/A/B.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

I need your advice and suggestions please. Currently I am in USA and last year I got my Canadian PR (applied from New delhi embassay) and also completed my Canadian landing and got PR cards last year. After completing my landing I moved back to USA.

Now I am blessed with baby in USA and I want to know the procedure of how to add my new born baby in my Canadian PR application.

Can you please suggest ob below ?

1) What's the whole procedure to add him to my current PR application ?
2) How much time it takes to get his Canadian PR ?
3) Should need to apply within USA or in Canada ?
4) If I want to move to Canada early next year and till then if his PR doesn't come up then what are the other options(what type/category of visa) to move to canada with him ?

Please advise.

D123

Mar 16, 2015
Hi,

Once we get back the passport after PP Request with one time Visa Stamped… do you know how much is the validity of that Visa ?

mayank_grover

Mar 4, 2015
how can i post a new subject on this forum?
Can someone explain the different phases/stages involved? I have seen bloggers using abbr like AOR, PER, PPR...etc.
I want to know what all the shot forms mean?

Regards.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
You can post a new subject after you have done couple of replies or added comments in other forums.
The process is very big per se but you can check their site to get more details.

AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt (you get this after you submit your application for PR)

You can google around the acronyms as AOR CIC, PER CIC, PPR CIC, etc...

Tanyalabrador

Aug 11, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am in a dilemma. I hope to create an Express Entry profile which will include my partner whom I am living with for one year as my "dependent" and common law partner in my application. My partner also took the IELTS and had gone through Credentials Assessment via WES.

If I already included her in my Express Entry profile, is it still wise to create his own individual Express Entry profile?