+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
Tanyalabrador said:
Hi Everyone,

I am in a dilemma. I hope to create an Express Entry profile which will include my partner whom I am living with for one year as my "dependent" and common law partner in my application. My partner also took the IELTS and had gone through Credentials Assessment via WES.

If I already included her in my Express Entry profile, is it still wise to create his own individual Express Entry profile?
if you have proof that you've been officially living together for one year (like joint bank accounts, common address in documents or ids, etc) then yes you can declare him as your dependent. just make sure the principal applicant has the higher crs between the two of you. if you're the principal applicant then you can claim points for your partner's ielts...and vise versa.

Tanyalabrador

Aug 11, 2015
mapledipped said:
if you have proof that you've been officially living together for one year (like joint bank accounts, common address in documents or ids, etc) then yes you can declare him as your dependent. just make sure the principal applicant has the higher crs between the two of you. if you're the principal applicant then you can claim points for your partner's ielts...and vise versa.
Thank you so much for your response!

I was just wondering, will it still be okay if he creates his own Express Entry profile separately even if I already included him in my profile as my dependent? Can we submit our profiles simultaneously?

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kjgandhi said:
First of all thanks for your reply. :)
My wife has also given IELTS and overall she scored 6. Only in writing she scored 5.5 but average is 6. I m considering for her ECA. Also suggest IDP or BC for IELTS. I gave from IDP. I think the marking for speaking task was on a bit stricter side. I will consider your advise of retaking IELTS. Is it necessary for my wife to retake IELTS ??? I don't think so.

IDP's service in India is the "worst" service I have ever seen. I took my test with the IDP and for the speaking test my examiner kept interrupting me for no reason. When I met other test takers for second part of the test (reading, writing & listening), they were discussing the same matter about the examiner's behavior. So it is clear that they "want" candidates to retake exams and the examiner did that with the purpose. I strongly suggest that you go for BC. Besides, when I went for the test - their listening cds/tapes did not even function properly so it took us extra about an hour to complete the whole test. Most of the desks were uneven so it made writing test bit challenging because of the limited time and constantly moving desk (many candidates were complaining about the desks). Seriously, IDP should provide service. It's also clear that they give lower score for writing and speaking modules. Some candidates told me that they were retaking the test because of their lower speaking score and they also told me that they have stayed in Australia for 4-5 years. I was able to see how fluently they spoke with proper pronunciation & grammar etc. (My result is: L-8.5, R-7, W & S-6. Overall-7). Unfortunately, because of some personal reasons I couldn't go for remark. If I ever need to retake the test then I will go for BC.). Obviously, final decision is yours and it also depends on the timing (availability of test dates). I'm just sharing my experience with IDP and thoughts about it.

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
hi guys,

has anyone tried using the ecas checker website?? - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

i know mycic has updates but was just wondering if this shows different details?? i tried using my application # (starts with E000******) as identification but i cant get through. Can anyone advise?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mayank_grover said:
how can i post a new subject on this forum?
Can someone explain the different phases/stages involved? I have seen bloggers using abbr like AOR, PER, PPR...etc.
I want to know what all the shot forms mean?

Regards.
For Starters ..

CIC = Citizenship and Immigration Canada
AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt
PER = Positive Eligibility Review
PPR = Passport Request
DM = Decision Made
TLU = Third Line Update
SLU = Second Line Update
ITA = Invitation To Apply

You can google the term if you don't understand.

Good luck :) .

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
can anybody help me where i will get the job seeker validation code? I need this to apply for pei eoi.

Please help urgently

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Hello Asivad Anac and others,

When i am applying for PEI PNP, i need to send the PDF for EOI. I have downloaded PDF from site.

After updating the PDF, I am not able to save the updated PDF files with my details.

Does anybody faced this problems. Request you to please help urgently

Regards

Himalaya1

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Hi!
From the information given here about the Express Entry, I understand that after ECA and IELTS I have to fill up the Express Entry form online.
Do I have to show the proof of funds at this stage? And what should be the minimum duration that I can give my bank statement for? I mean to ask, does the government check last six months balance in the account or even lesser time.

Regards

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
You don't need the proof yet, only after the ITA.
After ITA, you need to show the account balances for the last 6 months. But if you got the money later, it's no problem if you can show it's yours and not a loan or so.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Himalaya1 said:
Thanks a lot.
How long after filling up the Express Entry form one can expect to get an ITA?

Regards
That's impossible to know. It depends on the program / category you are in, and the amount of points you get.

sugan28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
26-10-2015
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
I updated my express entry profile. Expecting increase in points. I dont see any change in points .How long it' will take to get new points?

HJM

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
PhD candidate in Quebec with 448 score. Any chance of getting invited? I won't get any nomiation from other provinces for sure as I am not studying in their provinces. I thought I am very close with 451 but again the scope went up with 471. Any suggestions or hopes?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
HJM said:
PhD candidate in Quebec with 448 score. Any chance of getting invited? I won't get any nomiation from other provinces for sure as I am not studying in their provinces. I thought I am very close with 451 but again the scope went up with 471. Any suggestions or hopes?
448 is a very good score. I think there is a good chance that you will receive an ITA by the end of this year (no promises, though). :) .