+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Aug 11, 2015
Hi,

I have been working in Canada for the past 1 year in a high wage profession as a TFW under a valid work permit backed by a LMO.
My LMO was approved in Feb 2014 and my work permit was approved in 1st week of Mar 2014.
My offer letter says the words "Full Time Temporary Position for 2 years starting from 1 Mar 2014 till 28 Feb 2016". However I arrived in Canada for the job only in Aug 2014. The immigration officer issued me the work permit that is valid till aug 2016. Now I want to apply for PR under CEC for express entry. Does my job make me eligible for the bonus 600 points ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tanyalabrador said:
Hi,

I am in the process of having my eligibility assessed to apply for Express Entry.

There is one specific question that I'm not quite sure if I understand correctly.

"In the last three years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have in Canada? It must have been full-time (or an equal amount in part time)."

I don't have work experience in Canada so my answer is None but this makes me ineligible to apply for express entry when I choose None as my answer. So if I never worked in Canada, I am no longer able to apply for express entry?
This question is to determine eligibility under the CEC stream. If you have never worked in Canada, you won't be eligible for CEC but you might be eligible for FSW.

You will need at least 67/100 on this grid ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

reet10

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Skilled worker profile validity if one comes to canada for higher studies

Hi Seniors,

Kindly help here. I have 3+ years experience in IT and have created my express entry profile. But as my scores are below 400 so I am not expecting any invitation soon. So my query is if I come to Canada for higher studies would the same profile can also be valid and kept active.

I am confused what to do cause I do not have much time, should I increase my score or go for further studies... ???

Kind Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Skilled worker profile validity if one comes to canada for higher studies

reet10 said:
Hi Seniors,

Kindly help here. I have 3+ years experience in IT and have created my express entry profile. But as my scores are below 400 so I am not expecting any invitation soon. So my query is if I come to Canada for higher studies would the same profile can also be valid and kept active.

I am confused what to do cause I do not have much time, should I increase my score or go for further studies... ???

Kind Regards
Your EE profile will automatically lapse 1 year from the date of creation. Try and improve your score - retaking language tests is often the quickest way of doing this - try and get CLB 9 (8 in L and 7 in R/W/S).

All the best!

anirudhvyas

Aug 2, 2015
Hi All,

I have been evaluating the Express Entry option of Canada PR.
From my research so far, it seems it would be tough to get ITA as my CRS score would be max 416, that too assuming I get max IELTS score.
I heard that it would be really tough to get job offers from job seekers pool as most companies prefer someone who is already landed there.

I am married with 10+ years of IT experience with no work ex in Canada.

Is there anybody who has got ITA with similar back ground?

regards, Anirudh

reet10

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014

Asivad Anac said:
Your EE profile will automatically lapse 1 year from the date of creation. Try and improve your score - retaking language tests is often the quickest way of doing this - try and get CLB 9 (8 in L and 7 in R/W/S).

All the best!
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for replying, I also want to know how many points one can get for foreign language, like I am interested in learning french, can I get points for second language under skilled worker category.

Tanyalabrador

Aug 11, 2015
For the Adaptability points, most of my relatives in Canada are aunts/ uncles who are first cousins of my father (their mothers are sister). Can I claim points for that or only immediate/ first degree relatives are counted?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

reet10 said:
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for replying, I also want to know how many points one can get for foreign language, like I am interested in learning french, can I get points for second language under skilled worker category.
You can get up to 24 points for French skills. But you will need a CLB 9 performance to get there and I imagine that is not easily achieved.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tanyalabrador said:
For the Adaptability points, most of my relatives in Canada are aunts/ uncles who are first cousins of my father (their mothers are sister). Can I claim points for that or only immediate/ first degree relatives are counted?
You do not get any points for parents' cousins. Find below the list of eligible relatives.

Relatives in Canada

You, or, if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative, either a

parent,
grandparent,
child,
grandchild,
child of a parent (sibling),
child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is
living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding PoF, my father will be transferring the required amount to my account from his business account with an affidavit stating that its a gift and need not be returned.
I will be creating my Express Entry Profile around 15 September.
By when should the transfer be made?
Is it required before submitting the profile or can I wait for an ITA and then have the funds transferred to my account?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IndianJack said:
Regarding PoF, my father will be transferring the required amount to my account from his business account with an affidavit stating that its a gift and need not be returned.
I will be creating my Express Entry Profile around 15 September.
By when should the transfer be made?
Is it required before submitting the profile or can I wait for an ITA and then have the funds transferred to my account?
A gift can come in at any point in time without being questioned. You can get this done after the ITA if you want.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it enough just for the father to sign a letter for the gift on a blank A4 paper, or is anything else required? Have never done court notarization so am a bit confused if any such thing is required, since its just a personal letter from father.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
Is it enough just for the father to sign a letter for the gift on a blank A4 paper, or is anything else required? Have never done court notarization so am a bit confused if any such thing is required, since its just a personal letter from father.
You do not need to get this notarized. It is a simple self-declaration.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

Does anybody know if Employer's Provident Fund (EPF) can be used as a proof of funds in addition to a FD deposit? I will be able to withdraw this money after I resign from my current position.

Thanks for your time.

vanthle

Aug 10, 2015
Hi,

Can someone please give me the answer for following questions:

1. Will I be able to update my language score if I retake once I submit my application?
2. Do I still need to register with job bank no matter I have job offer (LMIA exemption) or not?
3. What information do I need to include in job letter when I get ITA ?
4. Beside letter of employment, do I need to submit other proofs for my work experience outside Canada

Thanks in advance.