+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Stanlee said:
As Raj rightly pointed out, you need to do it only for your highest degree. But if you have a feeling or doubt that WES may not treat your Masters equivalent to Canadian Masters, then you may as well send your Bachelors, as you pay only once, irrespective of the number of degrees being assessed. But later if you to wish to assess your Bachelors separately, then you will have to make the payment again.

If you want to claim points for your wife's education (max 10 points), then you can get the ECA done for her as well, but you cannot club it as part of your application and payment. Each person will be treated as a separate application at WES, so the payment will also be separate (in other words, double).
dear stanley I have a question. I have total 6 years of experience, however I will show previous 3 years for highest score of experience. Now will cic claim my recent statement or previous statements which I am claiming points for?Though I have collected all the previous 4 years statements from previous bank.

Please suggest

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alvirahuda said:
dear stanley I have a question. I have total 6 years of experience, however I will show previous 3 years for highest score of experience. Now will cic claim my recent statement or previous statements which I am claiming points for?Though I have collected all the previous 4 years statements from previous bank.

Please suggest
IRCC doesn't ask for bank statements as proof of work experience/salaries.

adilkhan31

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I created my EE profile yesterday with 459 points and registered for Job Bank straight after that.

However, the status of my EE Application shows the following:

Application / Profile Status: Pending Additional Criteria
Job Bank Registration: Pending
ITA Status: Not Applicable

Can you guys please tell me what have I done wrong??
TIA

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
adilkhan31 said:
Hi guys,
I created my EE profile yesterday with 459 points and registered for Job Bank straight after that.

However, the status of my EE Application shows the following:

Application / Profile Status: Pending Additional Criteria
Job Bank Registration: Pending
ITA Status: Not Applicable

Can you guys please tell me what have I done wrong??
TIA
You need to wait atleast 24 hours for the profile to get activated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Abhay007 said:
Thanks a lot Stanlee and Raj.

As you guys have very valuable knowledge which can definitely help others like me. I have two more quick questions. Hope you wouldn't mind

1) Do i need to get my and my wife's Masters degree evaluated, before i submit my application ??

Yes. Spouse ECA is optional though; but it adds points to your CRS.

2) Does it matter to have her a primary applicant as her masters is in Computer Science and i have done my masters in EE from USA.

Whoever gets the maximum points CRS points should be the PA.

Thank you
Abhay

adilkhan31

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two more question guys.

Question 1 - I have 5 job experiences so far:

Job 05 - NOC 2131 - 15 months (on-going)
Job 04 - NOC 2131 - 33 months
Job 03 - NOC 0711 - 14 months (no reference letter)
Job 02 - NOC 0711 - 30 months
Job 01 - NOC 0711 - 10 months (reference letter not in the required format)

In my EE profile which I created yesterday, I listed all 5 jobs. Though I gain full points on Job 05 & 04 (more than 3 years in my primary NOC), do I need to show this in the EE profile? I know people have suggested that post ITA you just show Job 05 & 04 in Work history and keep the rest in Personal History only. However this question is specific to EE profile pre ITA.

Question 2 - Proof of Funds
Since I am at 459 points, I am assuming I will get ITA this month (fingers crossed!). However, my bank statement was credited with CAD 19,000 (notarized gift deed and affidavit done) in November 2015. If by Mar 2016 I upload my bank statement, it will not be 6 months old, counting from Nov 2015 (since the account was also opened in Nov). Will that be a problem?

TIA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
adilkhan31 said:
Two more question guys.

Question 1 - I have 5 job experiences so far:

Job 05 - NOC 2131 - 15 months (on-going)
Job 04 - NOC 2131 - 33 months
Job 03 - NOC 0711 - 14 months (no reference letter)
Job 02 - NOC 0711 - 30 months
Job 01 - NOC 0711 - 10 months (reference letter not in the required format)

In my EE profile which I created yesterday, I listed all 5 jobs. Though I gain full points on Job 05 & 04 (more than 3 years in my primary NOC), do I need to show this in the EE profile? I know people have suggested that post ITA you just show Job 05 & 04 in Work history and keep the rest in Personal History only. However this question is specific to EE profile pre ITA.

Question 2 - Proof of Funds
Since I am at 459 points, I am assuming I will get ITA this month (fingers crossed!). However, my bank statement was credited with CAD 19,000 (notarized gift deed and affidavit done) in November 2015. If by Mar 2016 I upload my bank statement, it will not be 6 months old, counting from Nov 2015 (since the account was also opened in Nov). Will that be a problem?

TIA
1) You can mention only job 4 and job 5 since you get maximum points for it.

After you get ITA, mention only job 4 and job 5 in your work experience section and retain the other jobs in the personal history section alone. This way, you need to submit reference letters for job 4 and job 5 alone.

2) No. If you have the gift deed done and you have can prove the source of funds, you are good to go. If your funds are at least 6 months old, IRCC usually doesn't ask for the source.

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Hi Rajkamalmohanram,

For e-APR is it enough to attach ECA report (single page document) emailed to me by WES or I have to scan the hard copy one which was shipped to me? The problem is, I haven't received my wife's hard copy report yet.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SamSamo said:
Hi Rajkamalmohanram,

For e-APR is it enough to attach ECA report (single page document) emailed to me by WES or I have to scan the hard copy one which was shipped to me? The problem is, I haven't received my wife's hard copy report yet.
You must upload the hard copy that is shipped by WES. Along with it, you need to attach your degree certificate as well.

canada19

May 21, 2015
Hello!
MY ECA done .MBA recognized as master degree,M.A as four years bachelor degree,B.com as three years bachelor degree,age 36,ielts total 6.5 ,speaking and writing 6,reading 7,listeing 6.5
marital status -divorced, son 8 years older will go with me ,experience with noc code 1212 from mid 2006 to feb 2013--more than 6 years ,for present job could not find noc.
plz guide.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
canada19 said:
Hello!
MY ECA done .MBA recognized as master degree,M.A as four years bachelor degree,B.com as three years bachelor degree,age 36,ielts total 6.5 ,speaking and writing 6,reading 7,listeing 6.5
marital status -divorced, son 8 years older will go with me ,experience with noc code 1212 from mid 2006 to feb 2013--more than 6 years ,for present job could not find noc.
plz guide.
Send your roles and responsibilities to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca . They will get back to you with the most appropriate NOC.

You can check how much CRS points you get here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
canada19 said:
Hello!
plz guide.
In addition to what Raj has mentioned, for OINP, you need at least CRS score of 400. So f you do not get 400, I would suggest that it would be good idea to retake IELTS and target CLB9 (LRWS - 8777), it will help you to get a better score. You can try varying these scores in the above calculator and see how much of a difference it makes.

Regarding proof of funds, you can refer to this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
Hi,

How much money does one need to show proof of funds for the FSW.

My points add up to 490