+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

VPSingh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Thanks Raj.

i have just discovered that my degree has "non collegiate" after my name on the degree. Will it be considered or not? thanks

VPS

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
muqaddas.ali10 said:
I want to know when do they perform the job verification. There is a small change in my job description. Earlier I was a science teacher, now I have got an additional role of computer. I have already applied for OINP and waiting for AOR. My question does ontario province do the verfication and do I have to update my status with them and if yes how to update?
Nothing to be worried about, since the change happened after you sent your OINP Application. As soon as your get your AOR, you can update them of the additional responsibility.

VPSingh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Stanlee said:
Nothing to be worried about, since the change happened after you sent your OINP Application. As soon as your get your AOR, you can update them of the additional responsibility.

Hello Stanlee, hope you are well.

Can I quickly ask you if CIC considers B.Com (3year) non collegiate or not?

thanks
VPS

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
VPSingh said:

thanks
VPS
Have you done your ECA? What does your ECA result say. WES has its own parameters for assessing degrees from different educational institutions and its equivalency to Canadian degree? Personally I am not sure what would WES classify B.Com (3year) as, as I remember having read on the forum that ECA treats the same degree differently for different people. Unless we have more clarity on their assessment parameters, it would be only an assumption, or if I am wrong then some experienced member on the forum can correct me.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MZASAM said:
No ITA

Got OPNP/PT

Preparing to send my application
Good luck!

Check this post out once --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.0.html;msg4952833#msg4952833

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
VPSingh said:

thanks
VPS
As per the CIC website, all these are acceptable.

College Diploma (three years)
Diploma (three years)
Three-year diploma in [name of discipline]
Three-year advanced diploma
Bachelor's Degree
Applied Bachelor's Degree
Bachelor's degree (three years)
Three-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
Three-year Bachelor degree
Bachelor's degree (four years)
Four-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
Four-year Bachelor degree
Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Applied Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Bachelor of Technology degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Three-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Link---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

You might have to confirm this with WES and ask them what it means. I haven't even heard of such an equivalency so I will not be able to tell you anything conclusively.

fagee

Jan 26, 2016
hi,
first of all many thanks to the mates who are providing such a useful information.
can anyone plz guide me through the NOC 0631 route. i have more than 3 years restaurant manager experience from UK and i have done MBA from UK as well. i am in the EE pool with 378 scores. but it seems like the score no gonna come down. So i have an urgent need of job offer or PNP nomination.
what are the steps which i can take to get it.
secondly anyone know any courses to take after MBA just in case i have to go on student visa.
kind regards

VPSingh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:

Link---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

You might have to confirm this with WES and ask them what it means. I haven't even heard of such an equivalency so I will not be able to tell you anything conclusively.
Hello Raj, Stanlee and Forum Members.

Thanks for the reply, let me explain. Firstly I have not started ECA process as of now. In the first year of my college I couldn't attend College regularly so they made me a private student and I was studying on my own and appearing in exams conducted by University of Rajasthan. In final year I failed one subject and attempted following year and cleared it. In 2003 I was awarded my degree and there it states non collegiate means private student but it's a bachelors degree 3 years. Is there any way I can upload pic of my degree.

Thanks!!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
VPSingh said:
Hello Raj, Stanlee and Forum Members.

Thanks for the reply, let me explain. Firstly I have not started ECA process as of now. In the first year of my college I couldn't attend College regularly so they made me a private student and I was studying on my own and appearing in exams conducted by University of Rajasthan. In final year I failed one subject and attempted following year and cleared it. In 2003 I was awarded my degree and there it states non collegiate means private student but it's a bachelors degree 3 years. Is there any way I can upload pic of my degree.

Thanks!!!
What matters is the wording on your ECA report, not on your degree certificate. Check "WES Canada equivalency tool".

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) You need NOT mention all these jobs in your EE profile. Just mention the ones that you are going to claim points for.
2) In your post ITA profile, only mention the jobs that you are claiming points for in the "Employment History" section. Retain the rest in the personal history section alone.
3) Your EE profile takes in only the month and year of joining - not the day. I strongly recommend you not to apply till you have "actually" completed 1 year.

About your eligibility, this is the verbiage on the CIC website
Job 1 - Assuming that you currently work for at least 30 hours/week - You will have completed 6 months full time experience by the end of Feb.
Job 2 - Self employment will not count towards the CRS under CEC.
Job 3 - 4 months of part-time work (equivalent to 2 months of full-time).

The above is what I am sure of. I am not very sure about your other jobs in Canada.

Asivad, any comments on this?
Thanks Raj for your wonderful advice. So you are considering my work experience only from 1-March-2015 onwards till date.

From your reply, this is what I understood. I have to wait till starting of April 2016 to be eligible for ITA.
1) From fulltime job, Aug- till date, I accumulated 900hrs in 6 months
2) From partime job, Mar-July, I accumulated 400hrs in 5 months, which is equivalent to 2.5 months of full time
3) Total fulltime jobs hours is ~1300hrs in 8.5 months. So I need to get additional 260 hours.
a) Accumulated 1300hrs from previous jobs +150hrs (Feb2016) + 150 hrs (Mar2016) = 1600 hours and
b) My 1 year duration will be from 1-March-2015 to 28-Feb-2016, bcos I applied for my postgraduate work permit online on 22-Feb-2015.

Considering that I got ITA in April2016,
do CIC directly process my e-APR application with the CRS score I received? or
do CIC ask me to apply for PNP program to get additional 600 points (this is how my friend told me it operates)? I think he is wrong.

I am trying to analyse the two following scenarios,
Case1: if I am going to wait until Apr2016 and I receive ITA from CIC. I have to submit application in 60 days. I would have spent 2 months (Feb+March) and CIC will take six months to process it. Altogether 8-10 months.

Case2: If I am applying for PNP this feb, they will give nomination within 3 months (Feb+Mar+Apr). Then I will update my EE profile with this information. I might receive ITA sometime in April2016. I have to submit application in 60 days. Then it will take six months to process eAPR. Altogether 8-10 months and also I spent $1500.

Which case is better for my situation?

keepsmiling

Feb 1, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:

College Diploma (three years)
Diploma (three years)
Three-year diploma in [name of discipline]
Three-year advanced diploma
Bachelor's Degree
Applied Bachelor's Degree
Bachelor's degree (three years)
Three-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
Three-year Bachelor degree
Bachelor's degree (four years)
Four-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
Four-year Bachelor degree
Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Applied Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Bachelor of Technology degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Three-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
Hello Raj,

According to the above details you posted, 1 year executive MBA from India is certainly not acceptable under WES/CIC?

Thanks.

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
hello seniors of this forum, quick question, can we edit/update/modify the EE profile once submitted? may i know what is the procedure? because i can't see any edit button. thanks!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
berabad said:
hello seniors of this forum, quick question, can we edit/update/modify the EE profile once submitted? may i know what is the procedure? because i can't see any edit button. thanks!
Yes, you can, but before ITA. Check out this link and follow the steps http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1005&t=29.

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the PCC, before submitting the ITA eAPR. Seniors please help me out:

1. As a dependent , do I have to send my PCC along with the main applicant at the time of submission of eAPR?
2. We have a 10-mth old minor. Do we need to get a PCC for him as well? i haven't been able to find something specific in that regard

Do help !

fagee

Jan 26, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
What matters is the wording on your ECA report, not on your degree certificate. Check "WES Canada equivalency tool".
Hi raj,
Can you plz tell me that I applied for EE 378 scores. So shall i wait for pnp or on the other end i find a course after MBA to apply through study visa.