+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

VPSingh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
VPSingh said:
Hi Raj, thanks for being a great help, kindly spare a little time to answer following please

Great, thanks Raj. Another quick one I did my B.Com equivalence via WES and it showed the following.

Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Commerce
Name of Institution: University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
Equivalency in Canada: Community College Diploma (3 years)

As I will be the Co-app, wondering if I will be awarded 8 points for spouse education or not because in CRS calculator I put 3 year degree while calculating the points.

Also Raj, with 430 points how long does it take to be picked up for a PNP or OINP after completing EE profile.

Many thanks!!
VPS

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bunty5 said:
Hello

I am on my post graduate work permit which is only for 1 year. I am working as a Financial sales representative which comes under NOA level B.
I started working in November 2015 and my work permit expires in September 2016. So i can only have 9 months of work experience when my work permit expires.
I do not have any previous work experince.
I have my girlfriend who will get 3 years work permit in April 2016 and we also have plans to get married as well.

What is the possible way to extend my work permit or even file for a PR under express entry.??

Please help as i need urgent solution for this concerns.
To apply under CEC, you need at least 1 year full time(at least 30 hours/week) or equivalent amount of part time experience in the past 3 years from the date of your application.

To apply under FSW, you need at least 1 year of continuous, full-time work experience (at least 30 hours/week) or equivalent amount of part time experience in the past 10 years from the date of your application.

If you don't have either, then you cannot apply under these classes.

There is an option of extending the work permit using BOWP (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp) but then, for this, you will have to have submitted a complete application to CIC.

Read this ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=676&t=29

Now, your best option is to ask your employer to apply for a LMIA or try to find an employer who is willing to apply for an LMIA.

Read these -

http://www.pacificimmigration.ca/en/news/how-to-extend-a-post-graduation-work-permit

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=185&t=17

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-how-many-of-you-have-applied-and-received-it-successfully-t139027.0.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=663&t=29

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
VPSingh said:
Great, thanks Raj. Another quick one I did my B.Com equivalence via WES and it showed the following.

Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Commerce
Name of Institution: University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
Equivalency in Canada: Community College Diploma (3 years)

As I will be the Co-app, wondering if I will be awarded 8 points for spouse education or not because in CRS calculator I put 3 year degree while calculating the points.

Yea you can choose 3+ year degree. Yes you will be awarded points for that education.

Also Raj, with 430 points how long does it take to be picked up for a PNP or OINP after completing EE profile.

If you have 400+ CRS, you will get a PT. Your CRS does not dictate the processing time of your application.

FSW applicants usually get AOR in 6 - 8 weeks (nomination takes around 1.5 months after that) and CEC counterparts get it in 4 - 6 weeks (nomination comes in quickly).

Many thanks!!
VPS

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad / All seniors

Please advise.

1. Present CRS 412

NOC 2173 Software Engineer, Masters, Over 5 years experience, IELTS L 8.5 S 7.5 R 8 W 6.5
Spouse:
IELTS 14 points
Education 10 points for Masters

2. Today I got my fourth IELTS results

I have been repeating IELTS for four times to overcome 6.5 in writing, and improve my CRS.

If I am not good at writing, I will accept it with humility

BUT

The unethical practices of IELTS to generate revenue by assigning .5 less in writing is apparent.

I am confident of my writing abilities and can't imagine failing four times to get 7 in writing and getting 6.5.

Well, we cant go for remarking as IELTS will never accept their mistake. It's a prestige for them; Nobody can challenge their marking.

Don' t have the patience and trust in IELTS to appear for 5th time.

3. Got OPNP/PT

Preparing to send my application. Was holding on to get CLB 9 as my score would have jumped to 469 resulting in ITA.

Please advise:

1. Will it be a good decision to apply for OPNP and try IELTS once more
2. What are the rejection percent of OPNP. My application is pretty straight forward and documents are perfect according to the requirements.
3. Average time for OPNP from application receipt, AOR, Nomination, ITA ...Is it more than a year.

Reason for asking timeframe: I have to plan certain events for the next couple of years.

Always appreciate your quick advise.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MZASAM said:
Asivad / All seniors

Please advise.

1. Present CRS 412

NOC 2173 Software Engineer, Masters, Over 5 years experience, IELTS L 8.5 S 7.5 R 8 W 6.5
Spouse:
IELTS 14 points
Education 10 points for Masters

2. Today I got my fourth IELTS results

I have been repeating IELTS for four times to overcome 6.5 in writing, and improve my CRS.

If I am not good at writing, I will accept it with humility

BUT

The unethical practices of IELTS to generate revenue by assigning .5 less in writing is apparent.

I am confident of my writing abilities and can't imagine failing four times to get 7 in writing and getting 6.5.

Well, we cant go for remarking as IELTS will never accept their mistake. It's a prestige for them; Nobody can challenge their marking.

Don' t have the patience and trust in IELTS to appear for 5th time.

I am sorry about what has happened to you!

3. Got OPNP/PT

Preparing to send my application. Was holding on to get CLB 9 as my score would have jumped to 469 resulting in ITA.

Please advise:

1. Will it be a good decision to apply for OPNP and try IELTS once more

Yes. Lodge your application and give IELTS a try one more time.

2. What are the rejection percent of OPNP. My application is pretty straight forward and documents are perfect according to the requirements.

Relatively less. Unless your NOC does not match roles or you don't have experience in the past 10 years (or you have any mistakes from your end), you are good to go!

3. Average time for OPNP from application receipt, AOR, Nomination, ITA ...Is it more than a year.

AOR times have increased recently. FSW applicants used to get AOR from OINP in about 6 - 8 weeks (now, look at my timeline and you will know that I have been waiting for over 3 months; still no AOR :( ).

Reason for asking timeframe: I have to plan certain events for the next couple of years.

I'm using upper estimate values -
AOR - 12 weeks from the date of submission of application
Nomination - 7 weeks after AOR
ITA - 1 week
Submission - 2 weeks

Its 22 weeks till now. Almost 6 months.

Now 6 months from here till PPR, so yea, the estimate comes to 1 year - roughly!

Always appreciate your quick advise.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks indeed Raj for interlacing your advise, comments.

Well, my NOC 2173 is Software Engineer

Goes perfect with my role and responsibilities. I prepared the following to send.

Current company: Employed for over 5 years and continuing

•Letter of Explanation; Employment and Referral letters (Stating the HR does not issue role, responsibilities of current job on letter head)
•Affidavit Work Experience
•Employment letter issued by abcd, Human Resource Dept. stating my joining date and my designation on letter head.
•A referral letter covering all my duties, roles, responsibilities on plain paper with all required details.
Notarized, (This letter was issued by my Manager upon my request)
•Emails, appreciations regarding my expertise, productivity, value addition, contribution, testimonials from Onshore, Offshore Information
Technology Management, teams.
•My monthly salary slips stubs for last six months
•Employment agreement.

The same set of documents of earlier two companies.

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
MZASAM said:

Goes perfect with my role and responsibilities. I prepared the following to send.

•Letter of Explanation; Employment and Referral letters (Stating the HR does not issue role, responsibilities of current job on letter head)
•Employment letter issued by abcd, Human Resource Dept. stating my joining date and my designation on letter head.
•A referral letter covering all my duties, roles, responsibilities on plain paper with all required details.
•Emails, appreciations regarding my expertise, productivity, value addition, contribution, testimonials from Onshore, Offshore Information
•Employment agreement.

Dear on your 4 th point did ur manager gave it on letter head?
I m expericing same problem.. But thinking should one of my colleague sign on letter head and declare jd?
Wht did u do?
Well I have my experience certificate issued by Hr,joining letter,but problem is with jd as it has to relevant with noc

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MZASAM said:

•Employment agreement.

Perfect.

Just one thing - Get your manager's business card/employee ID card and submit it along with your application.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Raj,

I am attaching the official business card of the three company managers.

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Check this -

Link---> https://www.bundesjustizamt.de/EN/Topics/citizen_services/BZR/Resident_abroad/Resident_abroad_node.html
Hey dear, yeah I too followed the instructions on that page but it does not have an account number to transfer money online, twice it got declined.
I am planning to visit ICICI bank and try.

Thanks
Claire

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ClaireAero said:
Hey dear, yeah I too followed the instructions on that page but it does not have an account number to transfer money online, twice it got declined.
I am planning to visit ICICI bank and try.

Thanks
Claire
Deutsche Bundesbank - Cologne Branch -
IBAN No.: DE49370000000038001005
BIC/swift No.: MARKDEF1370

The IBAN number = Account Number

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks alvirahuda

HR provided on official company letter head.. position, joining date

Managers referral letter on plain paper stating all my role responsibilities, position, joining date, employee id . full time etc

I notarised the letter and also I am submitting an affidavit solemnly declaring all my employment details.

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
MZASAM said:
Thanks alvirahuda

HR provided on official company letter head.. position, joining date

Managers referral letter on plain paper stating all my role responsibilities, position, joining date, employee id . full time etc

I notarised the letter and also I am submitting an affidavit solemnly declaring all my employment details.

So u already got ita?

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No ITA

Got OPNP/PT

Preparing to send my application

muqaddas.ali10

Dec 18, 2015
I want to know when do they perform the job verification. There is a small change in my job description. Earlier I was a science teacher, now I have got an additional role of computer. I have already applied for OINP and waiting for AOR. My question does ontario province do the verfication and do I have to update my status with them and if yes how to update?