+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
458_Bridge said:
Hi,

How much money does one need to show proof of funds for the FSW.

My points add up to 490
Depends on the number of dependents you have (you+spouse/kids). Check this --->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Abhay007

Feb 2, 2016
Hi Raj and Stanlee

I am bit confused. some people talk about 67 points out of 100 we need get in order to apply for Federal skilled immigrant program and there is this CRS point system out of 1200.

Are both the part of same procedure or two different procedures.

I got 75 points out of 100 on the other hand i got 400 out of 1200 from CRS system. Which one is the right one ??

What should i pursue, please suggest.

Thank you
Abhay

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Abhay007 said:
Hi Raj and Stanlee

I am bit confused. some people talk about 67 points out of 100 we need get in order to apply for Federal skilled immigrant program and there is this CRS point system out of 1200.

I got 75 points out of 100 on the other hand i got 400 out of 1200 from CRS system. Which one is the right one ??

Thank you
Abhay
Both are needed! The former is to check your eligibility and the latter decides if you'll get ITA or not!

400 is not sufficient to get an ITA. If you don't have a CLB-9 in IELTS yet (8777 LRWS) in IELTS, retake the test and try to get CLB 9.

You can try to secure a provincial nomination as well! Good luck and all the very best! :)

vananhthai

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Could you please explain a little clearer about the Provincial Nominee Program through Express Entry and how to get nominated by the province? Thank you very much.

Vi

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Abhay007 said:
Hi Raj and Stanlee

Thank you
Abhay
Adding to what Raj has mentioned, Express Entry is a completely electronic process involving the federal government, provincial governments, and Canadian employers where the stakeholders propose to help an applicant to migrate to Canada within 6 months through any of the following modes.
1. Direct invite or ITA (where CRS score is 460+)
2. Provincial nomination like OINP and others except Quebec
3. LMIA approved job offer

The CRS score (460+) will help you to get a direct invite rather than going through the long process of provincial nomination. The provincial nomination will add 600 points to your CRS score and make you eligible to receive an ITA and similary for LMIA approved job offer. In all the cases you either fall into FSWP or CEC and if you fall under FSWP you still have to go through the 67/100 points scoring as per FSWP. So in other words, Express Entry is the universal set and FSWP is a subset. :)

If you need your file to be processed quickly, go the Express Entry route. Paper based PR takes longer than Express Entry.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vananhthai said:
Could you please explain a little clearer about the Provincial Nominee Program through Express Entry and how to get nominated by the province? Thank you very much.

Vi
Check this post --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4958217#msg4958217

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Hi guys,

My following documents for e-ARP are not in English.
1. Child's birth certificate
2. Marriage certificate
3. Police certificate
4. Paystubs (for 1 year)

If I get them translated by a certified translator and stamped, will it be enough? or I need to get all or/some of them notarized?

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SamSamo said:
Hi guys,

My following documents for e-ARP are not in English.
1. Child's birth certificate
2. Marriage certificate
3. Police certificate
4. Paystubs (for 1 year)

If I get them translated by a certified translator and stamped, will it be enough? or I need to get all or/some of them notarized?

Thanks.
If ANY of your documents are not in English or French, you need to get them translated AND notarized AND submit BOTH the ORIGINAL AND the NOTARIZED versions!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
canada19 said:
Hi
Can u please guide me regarding ur CRS scores by bifurcating these for my knowledge only.
Thanx
You can check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a1

If you want to know more about Express Entry and steps involved, you can refer to this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/migration-to-canada-through-express-entry-overview-and-quick-links-t397340.0.html

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Stanlee said:
You can check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a1

If you want to know more about Express Entry and steps involved, you can refer to this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/migration-to-canada-through-express-entry-overview-and-quick-links-t397340.0.html
Dear Stanlee

Dear Stanlee,

Do cic checks ur debt documents to them ? Foe example I have a loan which will be repaid on 2019 however now I want to apply through EE.

I can show proof of funds in a specific bank account for last 6 months from the date of Application.

Now will I need to show CIB report which shows weather u have loan or not?

Or it is enough if I give them only proof of money that I have? I m tensed about my loan weather they will reject or want any document on that?

adilkhan31

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding change of employer. I received OINP PT on 08 Feb 2016 but I am expecting an ITA very soon. However, I will be changing my employer next month by 05 Mar 2016, with the same NOC. Will that have an adverse affect on my OINP PT or ITA if I change my employment history post ITA? Also, how to make this change in my profile when the time comes?

TIA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
alvirahuda said:
Dear Stanlee

Dear Stanlee,

Do cic checks ur debt documents to them ? Foe example I have a loan which will be repaid on 2019 however now I want to apply through EE.

I can show proof of funds in a specific bank account for last 6 months from the date of Application.

Now will I need to show CIB report which shows weather u have loan or not?

Or it is enough if I give them only proof of money that I have? I m tensed about my loan weather they will reject or want any document on that?
You need not disclose your debts to CIC. All you need is a letter from your bank and 6 months statements (stamped by the bank).

If your funds are not 6 months old, then CIC might ask for the source. You can either provide a gift deed OR you can provide proof of sale of assets (like jewellery/property/vehicle).

Good luck!

tengmanila

Jan 30, 2016
Continue EE/PNP application while also trying out for Student Visa?

Is it okay to continue EE/PNP application while also trying out for Student Visa? or will this have an adverse effect on chances of getting in?

I am thinking for Student Visa, you are better off declaring your intentions of going back to your home country, whereas, if CIC sees you are also applying entry via EE/PNP, it adequately proves your true intentions.

I hope you guys can shine a light on this.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tengmanila said:
Is it okay to continue EE/PNP application while also trying out for Student Visa? or will this have an adverse effect on chances of getting in?

I am thinking for Student Visa, you are better off declaring your intentions of going back to your home country, whereas, if CIC sees you are also applying entry via EE/PNP, it adequately proves your true intentions.

I hope you guys can shine a light on this.
This is a hot debate topic. The below is only my opinion -

Student visa is a non-immigrant visa and it requires you to intend to leave Canada once your authorized stay is done. Having an active EE profile/ongoing PR application is in direct contradiction to the terms of the student visa. If you have an active EE profile or a PR application, then, your student visa might be summarily rejected.