Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JSN_2016 said:
Hello Raj/Stanlee/other seniors,

I have two doubts,
1) The highlighted entries "***" in the table has different naming format. Will it create any issues while submitting the application?

2) My father has changed his name and he has the document from gazette office for the name change. My passport document has my father's old name ("BBBB"). So all my PR application documents have my father's old name ("BBBB").
- Do I need to mention the latest name ("CCCC") of my father in the application or not?
- Do I need to attach any document for this name change of my father or not required?

Note: My father's passport has both old name and new name in it.

Any help much is appreciated.
1) You need to get a One and the Same Person affidavit, stating that all variations of your name refer to the same person.

2) I've answered this question for you before.
If both your father's names appear on your documents, then you will need to explain the name change, and provide documentary evidence.
If all your documents contain your father's old name, and his new name is not mentioned on your documents, you do not need to mention the name change.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
istari said:
1) You need to get a One and the Same Person affidavit, stating that all variations of your name refer to the same person.

2) I've answered this question for you before.
If both your father's names appear on your documents, then you will need to explain the name change, and provide documentary evidence.
If all your documents contain your father's old name, and his new name is not mentioned on your documents, you do not need to mention the name change.
2) Since the OPs father has already changed his name, the OP should mention the new name in the e-APR.

Since all your documents contain your father's old name, create a PDF with your father's PP showing his old and new name, a name change document/proof that this has been added in the gazette. Along with this, write a LOE and describe your situation. Upload this PDF to the "LOE" section.

This is just to avoid any kind of confusion.

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Do you have any idea whether if the CRS score is going to raise or will go down? And if CIC will launce another immigration programme or not?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DIbraheem said:
Do you have any idea whether if the CRS score is going to raise or will go down? And if CIC will launce another immigration programme or not?
The score will go down at some point. Probably the end of the year, or the beginning of next year.

I don't think there are plans for another program.

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
hi..
I m also working with govt. organization and I am also in same condition like you. my employer will not issue reference letter. if you find any alternative ,do pls tell me too.

regards

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I had filled "Do you have certificate of nomination from province" under application details in Express entry as "No" because I didn't have any. In parallel, I applied for SINP and got the nomination, today I accepted the nomination in express entry which increased the CRS score by 600 but the question is still marked as "No", shouldn't it have been changed to "Yes" automatically. Please share your experience, how it behaved and if it's the right behaviour.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidhusukhdev123 said:
hi.. is there any format or just an affidavit will be sufficient in case of name variation ?

regards
Google "One and the same person affidavit". There are many formats floating around the internet.

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi,

I just read a person's EE timeline as follows:

ITA: 03-Jan-2016
AOR: 08-Mar-2016
Medicals passed: 10-Mar-2016
Additional Documents request: 2-April-2016
BG check In Progress: 16-May-2016
PPR: 2-Aug-2016
Passport received with Visa issued and COPR: 8-Aug-2016
Final Decision: Approved and case closed on 8-Aug-2016

How is that he/she did the medicals after the AOR? Shouldn't the medicals be done as soon as after he/she receive the ITA?

And AOR means successful acknowledgment of documents uploaded, right? Shouldn't medicals also be part of that documentation for getting AOR?

I understand why the medicals was delayed, so the person gets ample time for his/her landing. But don't understand how the AOR was given, without the medical report.

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone clarify.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whimsical said:
Hi,

How is that he/she did the medicals after the AOR? Shouldn't the medicals be done as soon as after he/she receive the ITA?

And AOR means successful acknowledgment of documents uploaded, right? Shouldn't medicals also be part of that documentation for getting AOR?

I understand why the medicals was delayed, so the person gets ample time for his/her landing. But don't understand how the AOR was given, without the medical report.

It might be paper based application

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
If my husband was working as Research assistant while being full-time student and i am the principle applicant, can these two years counted as work experience for him or not ?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DIbraheem said:
If my husband was working as Research assistant while being full-time student and i am the principle applicant, can these two years counted as work experience for him or not ?
If it was in Canada, no.
If his work was part of his degree (an internship, or practicum, etc.), no.

Otherwise, yes.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
whimsical said:
Hi,

Passing medicals simply means that CIC have verified that you don't carry any diseases or conditions that are a threat to Canada, or which would burden the Canadian healthcare system. CIC only does this after the application has been submitted.
In other words, *you* must go and get your medicals done before you submit your application (but preferably after getting an ITA)- but CIC won't validate them until *after* you have submitted your profile.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kindly confirm how long IELTS results are valid? I understand it's valid for two years for both Main applicant and spouse.