+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

highly_favored

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
rafzy said:
It is quiet uncommon.

It depends on your application data, background checks and above all your case officer as well as your VO
Okay. Thanks. I saw someone on this thread say so and on some other threads too.

highly_favored

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Where was this discussed? Can you post any links? Medicals can take a day up to a month (sometimes even more) to pass. Relax.

PPR (Passport Request) comes as an e-mail or through your myCIC account - never through a phone call AFAIK.

The normal processing time is 6 months from the date of AOR. Not having high expectations goes a long way in avoiding disappointment.
Thanks. I guess I'd just be patient :)

ritchie_v

May 3, 2016
United States of A
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
kuthputheen said:
Hi Invicta \ Ritchie,

Can you pls post ur CRS score details here and i am interested to see where the points added apart from IELTS\Age where i can feel more or less 50 points can differ...It will be helpful to compare mine that anything I am missing or where to focus apart from PNP...

Appreciated to post ur successful CRS score [Split per section where u submitted\approved ]and i don't think any confidential information on that.

KK
Hey...

There is nothing confidential here... We can share anything u ask...

However, I am a PNP applicant - having 600 additional points from New Brunswick...

Being married, u get less points (specially when u dont get ur spouse's eca or ielts)...

I just tried to look for Canada and it clicked. Was never serious in the beginning...

February 15th, thought about Canada. Did some research and confirmed that I will at least try on 18th.
Got the earliest IELTS date of March 5h. Score was Listening 6, Reading 7.5, Writing 7.5 and speaking 8 (overall 7.5).

Had 365 points total before NBPNP appeared! Got ITA at 965 points.

Like Invicta, u really got to score high in IELTS, do some preparations (specially in listening, confused people change things 15 times)... If u have spouse, u r screwed - cause she will need to get high scores in everything and still it will be tough to get 480+.

Whats ur status? What was ur CRS score?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
What you have done is correct. A LOE would have helped the officer understand the situation easily.
Thanks, Raj! I've raised a CSE today and have meticulously explained the situation. I hope they don't get pissed at me for contacting them the second time via CSE (on a different subject though).

aakash07

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
highly_favored said:
I see some people saying they got call to submit passport for PR after 1-2 months. How common is this especially for EE FSW Outlanders? I am applying from the US. AOR received a week before Christmas and I have not heard anything back not even medicals passed. Tnks.

I have same timeline as yours. I think they are still in vacation mood.
When did you submit your application?

aakash07

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Is it true that PNP applicants receive early PR than regular applicants? One of my friend has told me this. He said average time for PNP class is 2-3 months. Please share your thoughts friends.

jwahba

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need your advice guys,

I am currently working in Canada on an Open-work permit. I am planning to travel outside Canada to visit my home country in April. My temporary entry visa has expired. I am worried that I receive PPR in March as there could be not enough time to send and receive the passport from CIC. Not too sure if I would need a new police certificate for this visit. My PR app info in my signature.
I really need to visit my parents as it has been almost a year and half since my last visit. :'(

sanha#1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Hi Guys,
I submitted my e-APR on 18th November, My current status as mentioned below since 22nd November is :

Application/Profile Status = Open
Review of Eligibility = Review In Progress
Review of Medical Results = Passed
Additional Document required= No additional docs req.
Scheduling an Interview = Not Needed at this time
A Background Check is needed = Not Needed at this time
Final Decision = Not Started

My Query: I am the secondary applicant in the above scenario from Country A and will be going to Country B on a project for 4 months starting 1st week of February 2017.

I would like to understand, if in the mean while if we get a request to submit our passports through VFS for stamping in the VO while I am in Country B, what are my options to get it stamped? can my spouse who is the primary Applicant, who will still be in the home country do that for primary as well as secondary applicant as well?or secondary applicant has to be present while submitting the passport to VFS?

Please suggest the possible solutions.I would be really grateful!

Thanks in Advance!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jwahba said:
I need your advice guys,

I am currently working in Canada on an Open-work permit. I am planning to travel outside Canada to visit my home country in April. My temporary entry visa has expired. I am worried that I receive PPR in March as there could be not enough time to send and receive the passport from CIC. Not too sure if I would need a new police certificate for this visit. My PR app info in my signature.
I really need to visit my parents as it has been almost a year and half since my last visit. :'(
If you are in your home country when you get PPR, you can change the VO and then submit the passport to the VO responsible for your country. Once you have submitted your PR application, your file is locked so you wouldn't need to submit any PCCs.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Quick question: After you've received the PPR letter, if you're visa-exempt and using MyCIC, do you have to mail/courier a return envelope to the VO along with the two photographs requested? My PPR letter says this:

* For citizens not using MyCIC and of a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa
to Canada – Via courier or mail directly to the London office.
Mail or courier your package to:
<LVO address>

In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x
30cm or 8.5” x 12”). Do not put stamps on your return envelope. Do not use a courier
envelope as your return envelope. If your return address is in the UK, you may use a
Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope that is large enough (keep a copy of the tracking
number). For packages signed for on receipt at the High Commission, you may be able
to track receipt via the website of the courier company.

* For citizens using MyCIC AND from a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa
to Canada

Please mail/courier only your photos (see ‘STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS’
above). All other information must be uploaded to your MyCIC account.
As the letter said "please mail only your photos" I've only mailed my photos to the above address, but I'm stressing out because I feel I should've included an envelope too. Is this going to be a problem? Any help here would be very much appreciated!

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
aakash07 said:
Is it true that PNP applicants receive early PR than regular applicants? One of my friend has told me this. He said average time for PNP class is 2-3 months. Please share your thoughts friends.
Dear aakash07, It's actually not true that the average process duration for PNP class is less than other PR class application processing.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jamezmoran said:
Quick question: After you've received the PPR letter, if you're visa-exempt and using MyCIC, do you have to mail/courier a return envelope to the VO along with the two photographs requested? My PPR letter says this:

As the letter said "please mail only your photos" I've only mailed my photos to the above address, but I'm stressing out because I feel I should've included an envelope too. Is this going to be a problem? Any help here would be very much appreciated!
Where are you applying from? Usually, you should go to a service (like VFS) and submit your documents there. If they did not mention anything explicit about the return envelope in the PPR e-mail, then you can relax.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Where are you applying from? Usually, you should go to a service (like VFS) and submit your documents there. If they did not mention anything explicit about the return envelope in the PPR e-mail, then you can relax.
I'm applying from London. The instructions in the PPR are as pasted above and seem to be to mail only the two photographs directly to the immigration division in the Canadian High Commission in London. I'm just worried that it's poorly worded above and they're actually also expecting the return envelope so they can mail me the CoPR. I mean, I don't think it would be a huge problem because it's not prepaid and they already have my mailing address, but of course any uncertainty in this process is enough to worry me ::)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jamezmoran said:
I'm applying from London. The instructions in the PPR are as pasted above and seem to be to mail only the two photographs directly to the immigration division in the Canadian High Commission in London. I'm just worried that it's poorly worded above and they're actually also expecting the return envelope so they can mail me the CoPR. I mean, I don't think it would be a huge problem because it's not prepaid and they already have my mailing address, but of course any uncertainty in this process is enough to worry me ::)
Even if you had to send a return envelope, they are going to ask for it (if they need it). No issues.

All the best!