+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nata_cap said:
as soon as you submit your application you receive AOR.... I submitted mine on sat morning and sunday morning i got it.
wow that's fast, Canada really wants you nata_cap :)

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
A.B.123 said:
wow that's fast, Canada really wants you nata_cap :)
Haha they said they will try to process in less than 6 months...thats why they r so fast now hahaha
But anyhow, i got AOR but this just means that actually got my application...they r still checking the documents.

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
nata_cap said:
as soon as you submit your application you receive AOR.... I submitted mine on sat morning and sunday morning i got it.
I believe you are talking about ITA which is something different? It wouldn't make sense to receive AOR the next day as they still have to review all of your files that you uploaded (IELTS, Background check, ECA and all other required documents like foreign work experience etc). To review all of that it would probably take some time in order for them to send you the AOR. Before express entry the AOR arrived in 10-12 weeks. It would surprise me they have that done in a day now.

Please clarify with me if I am wrong.

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
polojesef said:
I believe you are talking about ITA which is something different? It wouldn't make sense to receive AOR the next day as they still have to review all of your files that you uploaded (IELTS, Background check, ECA and all other required documents like foreign work experience etc). To review all of that it would probably take some time in order for them to send you the AOR. Before express entry the AOR arrived in 10-12 weeks. It would surprise me they have that done in a day now.

No..im talking about AOR....thats how its comes to my account "Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence - February-7-2015 12:03:35 PM EST"

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
polojesef said:

And thats what i said before...for express entry is different....they send u an AOR but that doesn't mean they already check it all...means they got your application!

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
Dear XXXXX

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada was received by Citizenship and
Immigration Canada (CIC) via your MyCIC account on XXXXXXX
We have created a file with the application number provided above. You must quote this application number in
any future correspondence.
Your application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application
pursuant to Section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) Regulations.
If your application does not meet the requirements of this section, your application will be rejected as incomplete
and any fees paid will be returned.

and theres a lot of more stuff written after that.

nads1

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, England
LANDED..........
26-03-2016
Thanks for responses. This process seems to have started off at a rocket's pace, wonderful!

LOVEUKYLE25

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Hi nala! can you share with us whats the step after you passed the application form? what are the documents they are asking??? thanks in advance!

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
nata_cap said:
Dear XXXXX

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada was received by Citizenship and
Immigration Canada (CIC) via your MyCIC account on XXXXXXX
We have created a file with the application number provided above. You must quote this application number in
any future correspondence.
Your application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application
pursuant to Section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) Regulations.
If your application does not meet the requirements of this section, your application will be rejected as incomplete
and any fees paid will be returned.

and theres a lot of more stuff written after that.
Nata, let me ask you this. Once you receive AOR and now they said in the email: "Your application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application"
Now, does that mean you just wait for the PR card if the documents are complete, or will they send another Acknowledgment stating, documents are ok, now we will process it?

How does it work? Could you please clarify?

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
nata_cap said:
And thats what i said before...for express entry is different....they send u an AOR but that doesn't mean they already check it all...means they got your application!
Nata, this is what I just found researching. Apparently, after you receive AOR, you will have to receive positive immigration eligibility assessment which means that your documents are all cleared and now they are ready to process it.

Since my LMIA is expiring soon I need to apply for Open Work Permit. I have been told I can apply as soon as I receive an AOR. Now some are saying I need to wait for positive immigration eligibility assessment. It is so confusing and unorganized.

Do you know more on this?

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
polojesef said:
will they send another Acknowledgment stating, documents are ok, now we will process it?
I too would like to know.

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
polojesef said:
Nata, this is what I just found researching. Apparently, after you receive AOR, you will have to receive positive immigration eligibility assessment which means that your documents are all cleared and now they are ready to process it.

Since my LMIA is expiring soon I need to apply for Open Work Permit. I have been told I can apply as soon as I receive an AOR. Now some are saying I need to wait for positive immigration eligibility assessment. It is so confusing and unorganized.

Do you know more on this?
Exactly what u said...aor for express entry just means they recieved my application and now they r checking if im still eligible..
As i understood with aor u still cannot apply for wp but as soon as they check and see that u r eligible..then u can apply for a new wp.

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
fl_pie said:
I too would like to know.
yes...on my account now says "in progress" once they reach a decision they will change to "passed" or "failed".

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
nata_cap said:
Exactly what u said...aor for express entry just means they recieved my application and now they r checking if im still eligible..
As i understood with aor u still cannot apply for wp but as soon as they check and see that u r eligible..then u can apply for a new wp.
Since you are more informed then me, any ideas on when might positive immigration eligibility assessment arrive? What are your thoughts?