+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Letter - Aletrnative documents

RajeshIL

Aug 21, 2015
Hello - I have 4+ years US experience in IT. My ex-employer is not willing to give an experience letter. I do have an employment verification letter I got for a car loan. It has the company logo, my start date, annual pay, 40 hours worked per week, and a brief over view of the company with the kinds of IT projects they provide consulting for.
I do have the pay stubs, offer letter, and W2 for IRS. I also do have the LCA and USCIS H1B petitions proving my relationship with my employer since 2011. Would all of those qualify as a replacement for experience letter?
Please provide your words of wisdom.

Thank you and regards,
Rajesh

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
If the employer won't give an experience letter, I'd recommend including all of that, and put in your letter of explanation that your employer won't provide it.

The offer letter should show what you did, the pay stubs and W2 show you performed the duties and the time. The other verification letter helps confirm it.

I would expect that you would be fine with those.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there any document in there that clearly outlines your 'job responsibilities'? If not, there is a definite chance of this being rejected as insufficient evidence to prove that your experience falls under the particular NOC you've chosen in your EE profile.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is necessary to possess a document containing your job duty descriptions, number of hours worked per week and benefits received; otherwise they reject the application without assessing it further !

The document should not be self written and be released by either your HR or your immediate head /any senior officer under whom you have worked or been working;

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssaraf said:
I am in the same situation. Can I provide an affidavit from a co-worker with all the job responsibilites to prove that I worked under the required NOC ? My previous employer is not wiling to provide an exp letter as per CIC format but they will provide a letter which will state that due to company's policy they cannot provide the exp letter as requested. I can also provide a " solemn declaration" STATING MY JOB TITLE, responsibilities etc. Will this be sufficient for CIC or not ?
Affidavit from a co-worker might work but a self-declaration certainly won't. If you're attaching an affidavit from a co-worker, upload all possible supporting documents about that employment.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssaraf said:
What i meant was that I Have Work Exp Letter acc. to CIC guidelines only for Canadain Exp not for Foreign Exp. For Foreign Exp i will show co- worker affidavti + work exp + my salary slips.
For Canadian experience, perfect. For foreign work experience, best possible workaround in the absence of a clear reference letter.

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Btw how accurate do the role and responsibility have to be? I mean if the designation accurately matches the NOC but the roles are just a couple of lines like "This guy was responsible for whatever..." and they literally don't match the main duties laid down in the NOC, would that suffice? I mean, can we trust the Visa officer to connect the dots that roles and responsibilities need not be word to word?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaulvirus said:
Btw how accurate do the role and responsibility have to be? I mean if the designation accurately matches the NOC but the roles are just a couple of lines like "This guy was responsible for whatever..." and they literally don't match the main duties laid down in the NOC, would that suffice? I mean, can we trust the Visa officer to connect the dots that roles and responsibilities need not be word to word?
The designation doesn't really matter to CIC. The job responsibilities count. A lot. If the responsibilities aren't explicitly stated, the officer would most likely consider that as insufficient evidence to prove that your experience was gained under the claimed NOC.

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
The designation doesn't really matter to CIC. The job responsibilities count. A lot. If the responsibilities aren't explicitly stated, the officer would most likely consider that as insufficient evidence to prove that your experience was gained under the claimed NOC.
Thanks for the clarification Asivad. I am still wondering how close does the responsibility have to be to the main duties written on the CIC website. Case and point, let's say I am a graphic designer and my letter states that I did designs for clients on photoshop etc etc. Let's also say that specific info is NOT written on the NOC list. Being an organic process, I am sure every reference letter would be different and not tailor made according to what CIC wants. Most corporations would not like to be dictated when it comes to what they would write down on the reference letter. So, I am again wondering if the CIC officer needs to be spoon fed when it comes to roles and responsibilities or can he connect the dots? I hope I am making sense and not being paranoid here.

Thanks again for the reply.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaulvirus said:
Thanks for the clarification Asivad. I am still wondering how close does the responsibility have to be to the main duties written on the CIC website. Case and point, let's say I am a graphic designer and my letter states that I did designs for clients on photoshop etc etc. Let's also say that specific info is NOT written on the NOC list. Being an organic process, I am sure every reference letter would be different and not tailor made according to what CIC wants. Most corporations would not like to be dictated when it comes to what they would write down on the reference letter. So, I am again wondering if the CIC officer needs to be spoon fed when it comes to roles and responsibilities or can he connect the dots? I hope I am making sense and not being paranoid here.

Thanks again for the reply.
Grey areas, all of them. No one knows for sure but CIC explicitly states that an applicant must demonstrate that they have performed majority of the main duties for their claimed NOC. Majority indicates more than 50% duties so what happens when there are just 1 or 2 main duties is anybody's guess. Having said that, I'm fairly sure that CIC officers are reasonable (more often than not) at performing their duties and would recognize the fact that most (if not all) HRs globally would not write a reference letter to suit their requirements hence they would take the facts as they are and (hopefully) connect the dots. It is the 80/20 version - 80% applicants would fall in 20% NOCs which are more mainstream hence less ambiguous when it comes to NOC duties.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Asivad please help

I have three working exp.

1. worked in U K while in work permit
2 and 3 in India

For Indian certificates they are ready to give anything
for U K certificate they will give me working hours and salary paida during job,.. But they will mention in letter and no pay slips because i recd cash.
The will give 1 reference letter
1 joining letter with duties
1 letter with salary paid during last 6 months of working
is that enuf?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Asivad please help

I have three working exp.

1. worked in U K while in work permit
2 and 3 in India

For Indian certificates they are ready to give anything
for U K certificate they will give me working hours and salary paida during job,.. But they will mention in letter and no pay slips because i recd cash.
The will give 1 reference letter
1 joining letter with duties
1 letter with salary paid during last 6 months of working
is that enuf?
The most important bit is getting job responsibilities mentioned in the letter - everything else can be proved using other supporting documents. If you can get the duties/responsibilities, you are good to go.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Asivad Anac said:
The most important bit is getting job responsibilities mentioned in the letter - everything else can be proved using other supporting documents. If you can get the duties/responsibilities, you are good to go.
thank you so much.

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Getting the following details for my Experiece can some one kindly guide if it is suuficient?- working with an indian it company

Bonfide from hr for mothers visa- it has salary, role,joining dates etc- -
Letter from manager with job duties detail in plain paper- this was taken last year with some false reason,have include his detail contact address, have included full time & 8 hours etc here.will include his ID cards here.
Hirerchey screen shot from system as proof that he is my actual manager.
Few months time sheet and salary slips as proof of full time/8 hours work.
Will include all certificate of sponsorships used in UK visa which has my role stated, will include a list of responsibilities as per UK border agency for that role.
Have a recent mail trail with approval from brm..on my job responsibilities for visa extension purpose will include this.
Will include offer letter confirmation letter, and all promotions letter...
Have also managed to get a letter from current client on client letter head detailing my role and duties - have client PMs iCard as well.
Just worked with two clients - for the earlier getting similar details on email and attaching the same.