+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Letter - Aletrnative documents

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
$unn¥123 said:
No im from india... Actually i was searching correct NOC according to my duties... And i found same duties which i do..so i tried to change little bit wording bilut could nt find much room for change wordings...thats y niw its look like copy paste.
The thing is that it is your employer has to draft the letter not you. if you submit it like that, that would be suspicious since you are not in Canada.

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Here's a checklist I made for any employment for which I didn't have a clear reference letter from the employer.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/employment-letter-alternatives-checklist-please-help-t325366.0.html

@Asivad Anac has also commented on it, so its a good list of documents to be equipped with.

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
I worked for a company from 2010-2013. I have only Experience Letter which does not mention Job Description.

Should I get a letter stating Job Description with previous date i.e 2013 or current date?

livetolove

Sep 11, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Is there any document in there that clearly outlines your 'job responsibilities'? If not, there is a definite chance of this being rejected as insufficient evidence to prove that your experience falls under the particular NOC you've chosen in your EE profile.
Hello! Would a detailed job description suffice?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
livetolove said:
Hello! Would a detailed job description suffice?
It might. Provided it lists job responsibilities which have a close match with main duties of the chosen NOC.

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
haceeb said:
I worked for a company from 2010-2013. I have only Experience Letter which does not mention Job Description.

Should I get a letter stating Job Description with previous date i.e 2013 or current date?
Guys?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haceeb said:

The date doesn't matter - just ensure that it is dated AFTER you left the organization so that it is valid for the entirety of your experience there. What is more important is the list of job responsibilities, ensure that they are in sync with the main duties of your chosen NOC.

Iriscidiscent77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-01-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Hi All,

Is a reference letter required for any work experience within the last 10 years but is not related to the NOC you are claiming points for?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iriscidiscent77 said:
Hi All,

Is a reference letter required for any work experience within the last 10 years but is not related to the NOC you are claiming points for?

Thanks
If the experience is NOT adding any points to your CRS and/or program eligibility, you don't need reference letters for that.

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
srisrinath2006 said:
Frds need ur advice on reference letter

My current and previous employers are not ready to give any letter with roles and responsibilities. So, I am planning to attach the below docs..

-> HR mail stating they won't issue such letters from current and previous employers
-> Affidavit from colleague confirming my salary, works worked and roles from current and previous employers
-> Colleagues emp proof. HR letter of their emp proof and ID card
-> My Salary slips from last 6 months

Please let me know if this documents are fine for CIC

provided the same documentation for pnp nomination and I got nominated also....

please advice frdssss
@ srisrinath2006

I have a doubt. When you're nominated by a province thro' PNP, does CiC still keenly evaluate your employment history (coz it is already verified by the province)?

Iriscidiscent77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-01-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Dear seniors,

I am experiencing some issues getting all required details in my reference letter from my employers;

1.My company does not want to specify annual salary. Instead they can only mention monthly last drawn salary. Is this fine?

2. Same thing with hours worked. They only want to mention working hours per week (40hrs) and not annually. Is this ok?

3. They also do not want to mention benefits in the letter. Can I just submit my offer/contract letter detailing all my benefits?

4. I'm also having my supervisor sign a reference letter on plain paper because HR does not want to include duties in the letter. Do i still need to get it notarized?

Also, Is there any format how to explain all these things in the LOE?

I didn't know companies these days are this difficult to cooperate. Please help advise and share your experiences.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iriscidiscent77 said:
Dear seniors,

I am experiencing some issues getting all required details in my reference letter from my employers;

1.My company does not want to specify annual salary. Instead they can only mention monthly last drawn salary. Is this fine? Yes.

2. Same thing with hours worked. They only want to mention working hours per week (40hrs) and not annually. Is this ok? Yes.

3. They also do not want to mention benefits in the letter. Can I just submit my offer/contract letter detailing all my benefits? Not required but you can submit it if you want.

4. I'm also having my supervisor sign a reference letter on plain paper because HR does not want to include duties in the letter. Do i still need to get it notarized? Yes. Anything on plain paper would be inadmissible if not notarized.

Also, Is there any format how to explain all these things in the LOE? No specific format. Just explain things in a simple unambiguous way

I didn't know companies these days are this difficult to cooperate. Please help advise and share your experiences.

Iriscidiscent77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-01-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Thanks Asivad.

Regarding notarizing the duties and responsibilities on plain paper- my supervisor is based in the US, so what he has sent me is a scanned copy of the signed letter. What I understood is that the original must be presented before it can be notarized as a certified true copy? Is this a correct understanding? However, can a scanned copy be considered an original copy by the notarizing official?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iriscidiscent77 said:
Thanks Asivad.

Regarding notarizing the duties and responsibilities on plain paper- my supervisor is based in the US, so what he has sent me is a scanned copy of the signed letter. What I understood is that the original must be presented before it can be notarized as a certified true copy? Is this a correct understanding? However, can a scanned copy be considered an original copy by the notarizing official?

Thanks
You'll have to check with the notary public but I imagine you should carry along other evidences proving this employment abf the contents of the letter are accurate and legitimate.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since my company is not able/willing to provide me with the reference letter containing job description as per NOC (my real duties), but will only include generic duties that accompanied my employment contract, my plan is as follows:

My colleague engineer will notarize his signed statement about my real job duties, and I will then have his employment contract translated and upload it together with the statement.
I will also have one engineer working for a contractor company sign a statement affirming what I did as a project designer and have the same thing with his employment contract.

Do you think that could work with the immigration officer? Asivad, anyone with some insight into this topic?