+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontosm said:
That is true. That said, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to support your earlier claim that the law will never be implemented.
Point where exactly did you read that I am saying that the new law will never be implemented. Don't manipulate my ideas, instead read what I am writing here.
I am saying that it is getting suspicious that there is still nothing official to support when the cut off date will be and because of that fact I understand why some people start to think that nothing is going to change

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Dave01 said:
Dude you can apply while only Citizenship judge can determine your case to be Yes or No. Say you have 1095 days of basic residence but travelled out of Canada for 5days maybe vacation or work, this means you have 1090 days of physical presence and 1095 of basic residence. Citizenship judge can determine your case to be YES or NO for approval - You never know which.
Go ahead and complete the online residency calculator. Manipulate it so that you have 1095 residency presence in Canada but 1090 physical presence in Canada. Let me know how it turns out for online result. I bet it will tell you to come back and apply when you have 1095 physical days.

There was a case similar to the 1095 physical requirement to qualify.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/11/20/comedy-of-errors-let-woman-become-canadian-citizen-despite-abysmal-results-on-citizenship-tests/

In this case the applicant went all the way to oath stage but got denied citizenship due to failing citizenship test twice. The citizenship judge checked granted by mistake. So applicant refused to surrender certificate and fought in court. The applicant lost and court sided with CIC that the applicant wasn't suppose to get citizenship since she/he never qualified in the first place. This sets a precedence that you must qualify and meet all requirements in the first place before applying for citizenship.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontosm said:
That is somewhat true, although the Minister (who probably knows more than any of us) has said that it will be this summer. Further, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to support your earlier claim that the law will never be implemented.
If you trust 100% on the words of the Minister I am sure you remember how last year the same Minister said that they expect the bill to become a law by the end of the year... couple of weeks after that we all saw the incredible rush from them to make it a law before the summer (6 months earlier)
Don't trust on what they are saying

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
MUFC said:
If you trust 100% on the words of the Minister I am sure you remember how last year the same Minister said that they expect the bill to become a law by the end of the year... couple of weeks after that we all saw the incredible rush from them to make it a law before the summer (6 months earlier)
Don't trust on what they are saying
So the bill had indeed become a law by the end of the year. Where did the Minister lie?

Based on your feeble example, if anything, the new rules may be implemented sooner than the Minister said.

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
screech339 said:
Go ahead and complete the online residency calculator. Manipulate it so that you have 1095 residency presence in Canada but 1090 physical presence in Canada. Let me know how it turns out for online result. I bet it will tell you to come back and apply when you have 1095 physical days.

There was a case similar to the 1095 physical requirement to qualify.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/11/20/comedy-of-errors-let-woman-become-canadian-citizen-despite-abysmal-results-on-citizenship-tests/

In this case the applicant went all the way to oath stage but got denied citizenship due to failing citizenship test twice. The citizenship judge checked granted by mistake. So applicant refused to surrender certificate and fought in court. The applicant lost and court sided with CIC that the applicant wasn't suppose to get citizenship since she/he never qualified in the first place. This sets a precedence that you must qualify and meet all requirements in the first place before applying for citizenship.
Dude go use the online calculator for such scenario I described in my last post and it will tell you only a citizenship judge can determine your case. So far you can prove your residency in Canada to be genuine and not trying to just get the Passport - like you having your family here, haven't travelled oversea in a long while, having business here, Mortgage etc then I think it will be approved. No-one can say it's exact outcome per se except the JUDGE and if he/she is convinced he/she will def approve your application for 1095 days of basic residence and 1090 days of physical residence!

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontosm said:
So the bill had indeed become a law by the end of the year. Where did the Minister lie?

Based on your feeble example, if anything, the new rules may be implemented sooner than the Minister said.
That Minister is not really aware in details of that law... do you remember his "clarifications" on Intend to reside issue?

He clearly meant that they expect the bill to become a law at the end of the year... not 6 moths earlier last year... that's why so many were surprised by the speed of the stages before the summer.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Dave01 said:
Dude go use the online calculator for such scenario I described in my last post and it will tell you only a citizenship judge can determine your case. So far you can prove your residency in Canada to be genuine and not trying to just get the Passport - like you having your family here, haven't travelled oversea in a long while, having business here, Mortgage etc then I think it will be approved. No-one can say it's exact outcome per se except the JUDGE and if he/she is convinced he/she will def approve your application for 1095 days of basic residence and 1090 days of physical residence!
My apology on the applying for citizenship at 1090 physical days to qualify. I ran the calculator and it came back with the post you mentioned. However keep in mind now that under the new bill, applicants now goes to CiC agents not citizenship judge for determination of being granted path to citizenship. The residency calculator hasn't taken into consideration that citizenship judges are now out of the decision making.

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
I think basic residency days must be 730 (2 Yrs) and not 1095 (Physical Presence) ?

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
screech339 said:
My apology on the applying for citizenship at 1090 physical days to qualify. I ran the calculator and it came back with the post you mentioned. However keep in mind now that under the new bill, applicants now goes to CiC agents not citizenship judge for determination of being granted path to citizenship. The residency calculator hasn't taken into consideration that citizenship judges are now out of the decision making.
Your on point now. Mastergeek was asking if can apply based on 3/4 rules so the back forth post was per that. 4/6 is a different ball game.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
aries9811 said:
I think basic residency days must be 730 (2 Yrs) and not 1095 (Physical Presence) ?
You are mixing it up with PR RO requirement. PR RO only need to maintain 730 (2 years) out of 5 to maintain status. Citizenship qualifications (1095 days out of 4 years) are not the same as PR Residency requirements (730 days out of 5 years)

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From this statement which is the most recent one, they officially say that there is a possibility the cut of date to be even December...
Nothing about the summer is mentioned...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-changes.asp

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It says "In 2015, these final changes will be in force"...
2015 ends in December as a possibility