+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO NOT COME TO CANADA (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

troy8

May 16, 2012
Canooknic said:
My fiancé sent out a couple before we landed, but heard nothing. He sent new letters once we arrived (some to the same companies as before) and received responses.
I would suggest spending the time looking into companies that you are interested in an tailoring your CV to them so that once you arrive you can mail them straight away
this is same with me. i sent lots of resume and mention my PR is in process. but never got any replied so far.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
if you haven't got anything special that matches the technology/skills of Canada, then you're not gonna get any response.
Don't forget , Canada is the place of world's brilliant migrants and to get response you need something really good.
everyone has got degrees (Asian and 3rd world degrees are useless here) and experiences. Canadian employers usually get 1300 resumes for each job.
Do Market research, watch what your competitors are doing, learn from them.

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/7/13, DD Charged-29/9/13, PER - 03/12/13
AOR Received.
16/1/2014 Interview: 15-4-2014
Med's Request
22-4-2014 Passport Req:22-4-2014
Med's Done....
28-4-2014 3rd line updated: 9-05-14
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
jnathan said:
if you haven't got anything special that matches the technology/skills of Canada, then you're not gonna get any response.
Don't forget , Canada is the place of world's brilliant migrants and to get response you need something really good.
everyone has got degrees (Asian and 3rd world degrees are useless here) and experiences. Canadian employers usually get 1300 resumes for each job.
Hi

that's very scary....so u mean 1300 resumes for EVERY JOB ? no matter what the profession is........in that case the unemployment rate should be high.....but i guess it isn't its 7.4% overall....... plz correct me if im wrong

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
They say among immigrants its around 24%, but the real scene is its much higher than they say.
Many are not satisfied with what they are doing.

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
jnathan said:
They say among immigrants its around 24%, but the real scene is its much higher than they say.
HI
Canada is a country whr people constantly come in...the no's are large...so its obvious that people who arrive won't have jobs initially......if tht 24% is for those who have come to canada a time ago and still are unemployed ? then I'll agree with u......

Jul 21, 2011
jnathan said:
your profile says,, your visa office is "Sheng Chiu" where is that place man? its name of boy in Chinese language..Why you talking crap here?

Jul 21, 2011
mr.Hope said:
Hi

that's very scary....so u mean 1300 resumes for EVERY JOB ? no matter what the profession is........in that case the unemployment rate should be high.....but i guess it isn't its 7.4% overall....... plz correct me if im wrong
don't beleive this person,,look at name of his visa office thats "Sheng Chiu" thats a name of a person..he talks all rubbish..don't listen to him

V

vidya

Check the number of negative ratings Jnathan has got. This is a sick person and please do not heed to his advice.
Browse his profile and check for his negative ratings.

Vidyanathji.

Pompy

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,

See life is not smooth for all. We are not born with the Golden Spoon in our Mouth. If it was so, we would have not opt for this.

Take the life as it comes. Best thing is be Positive and believe in All Mighty.

Whatever is happening is your life is for your betterment & best is going to happen with you in your rest of the life.

So cheer up!!! All the Best to all of us.

God Bless us all.

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
229334 said:
your profile says,, your visa office is "Sheng Chiu" where is that place man? its name of boy in Chinese language..Why you talking crap here?
Hi
Thanks for the input I did doubt him from the first......the way he was saying all the -ve replies....admin has to block ppl like him and maxmicus(a scammer offering job offer visas)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canada-work-permitjob-offer-t126502.0.html;msg1916566#msg1916566

Jul 21, 2011
mr.Hope said:
Hi
Thanks for the input I did doubt him from the first......the way he was saying all the -ve replies....admin has to block ppl like him and maxmicus(a scammer offering job offer visas)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canada-work-permitjob-offer-t126502.0.html;msg1916566#msg1916566
hi..i agree with you..i reported him to moderator for misleading people..there is no such visa office "Sheng Chiu" on CIC website..i request all people to report him to moderator to ban him..thx

Jul 21, 2011
vidya said:
Check the number of negative ratings Jnathan has got. This is a sick person and please do not heed to his advice.
Browse his profile and check for his negative ratings.

Vidyanathji.
i gave him one more negative..

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
True, the published rates are not true and don't take into account under employed or those working in temporarily inferior jobs to their advanced degrees

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr.Hope said:
Hi
That is not the same person!!!!!!!

I really don't care if he is real or not...but what he says is true and not negative...unfortunately it is NOT what many like to know...it does NOT reflect their dream...it is NOT what they would like to know or fool themselves...
Many doctors (PhD holders I know at least 7 cases), physician (I know at least 5 cases), advanced degree holders (I know 10's of cases) work in inferior jobs (cashiers, taxi-drivers, security, labor, ..) to their degrees...

astute

Oct 29, 2012
I am scheduled to arrive in Canada (Toronto) any time this month or early next month. Your post clearly shows how you were treated in Canada and I think many people may share the same experiences but this does not necessarily mean that everyone should expect similar experiences. Here's something every one should know when starting over anywhere and is pretty simple:

1) Moving to a new place is like meeting a stranger who can be full of surprises. I don't expect anyone to have any expectations about a guy who you've just met and same goes for a place you just moved to or are about to move to. First mistake We can do is to "Expect" all sort of good things and care less about the bad ones. We all do. When our expectations aren't met with we get all gloomy and sad or worse, get depressed. In such a circumstance, we'd hate the moment we decided to move to Canada.

2) Starting over means you should be prepared (both mentally and physically) to face unexpected encounters, social & organizational behaviors, and circumstances. If we happen to land on the brighter side of "Experience", we would love our decision to have moved to Canada.

3) All the goody goody information about Canada can be misleading. Read the negative aspects of moving to Canada first. This may help you to face the unexpected and getting through it with success.

4) Always carry enough money with you when moving to any new place to support you and/or your family for atleast a year.

5) One thing you can't survive without anywhere and what can get you killed everywhere is "Trust". Knowing who to trust and who not to can prove to be the difference between Life and no-life.

6) Never disclose personal information even if it is your DOB to anyone who isn't a) A Bank, b) A Government Institution. Keep your personal information from strangers at all costs.

7) Being concerned about uncertainties is good but thats what you should be sure about before attempting to apply for immigration. You just can't be sure about anything unless you aren't there.

8) It takes time to adjust to your surroundings and to digest the facts you find yourself in. Luck is an obvious factor but not the only factor to decide success and failure. So be "Positive" all the time. At least I choose to be.

This is just a few things I had in mind. I think most friends would agree with them. Failure is something that has to fill the empty space created by the departure of success. Failure is hard to enjoy and easier to learn from so lets welcome eveyone to this forum to discuss their success and failure stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.