+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

Mohammed9502

Jun 15, 2022
Hello Everyone
Thanks for the support and updates that I got through this forum.
My daughter was on visitor visa in Canada and I sponsored her permanent residence inside Canada. Here’s is the timeline.

Dec 7 2023 = submitted the application
January = received AOR
February = sponsor eligibility approval
February 03 2024 = medical request
April = linked to GC key
July 12 2024 = received pre-arrival letter
August 5 2024 = passport request letter

Immediately informed them that the child is still in Canada through web form.

Got a email to provide information regarding Last entry date, original entry date, height, eye colour, UCI no and address.

Next day got credentials for PR portal and was asked to declare presence in Canada and provide address and photo for PR card.

**Waiting for eCOPR and ultimately PR card.

Once again thanks a lot. I wish everyone for speedy processing of their applications.

Reactions: sidpadki

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hello Everyone
My daughter was on visitor visa in Canada and I sponsored her permanent residence inside Canada. Here’s is the timeline.

January = received AOR
April = linked to GC key

Got a email to provide information regarding Last entry date, original entry date, height, eye colour, UCI no and address.

Next day got credentials for PR portal and was asked to declare presence in Canada and provide address and photo for PR card.

Once again thanks a lot. I wish everyone for speedy processing of their applications.
Congratulation!

Did you apply for PR when your child was already in Canada on visitor? We have similar case. I just applied for PR last month and awaiting AOR. Child is on visitor visa. Did you apply for visitor record since PR took more than 6 months?

you got PR in 8 months which is quite fast as website if saying almost a year to process

Mohammed9502

Jun 15, 2022
Congratulation!

Did you apply for PR when your child was already in Canada on visitor? We have similar case. I just applied for PR last month and awaiting AOR. Child is on visitor visa. Did you apply for visitor record since PR took more than 6 months?

you got PR in 8 months which is quite fast as website if saying almost a year to process
Thank you.
Yes My daughter was on visitor status in Canada when I applied for her PR application.
No I didn’t apply for visitor record.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hello Everyone

January = received AOR
April = linked to GC key

Mohammed, First of all Mabrook ya akhi...

My timeline is very much matching with your timelines but seems delays in my processing...

My timeline:
1.) Application submitted: Oct 29, 2023
2.) Application returned: Dec 13, 2023
3.) Application re-submitted: Dec 13, 2023
4.) AOR Received : Jan 20, 2024
5.) Sponsor Eligibility Approval: Feb 09, 2024
6.) Immigration Medical Examination Request: May 22, 2024
7.) Immigration Medical Examination Done: May 27, 2024
8.) Got Email to provide basic details Last entry date, original entry date, height, eye colour, UCI no and address. (everything provided) : Aug 08, 2024
9.) Received Pre-Arrival Letter : Aug 09, 2024

Not sure how you informed the presence of your child in Canada, what i understand that we need to inform them through PR portal but still nothing is reflecting there for me to inform them about the details.

Also, Cant link my application with GC key for some reason.

Mohammed9502

Jun 15, 2022
Mohammed, First of all Mabrook ya akhi...

My timeline is very much matching with your timelines but seems delays in my processing...

My timeline:
8.) Got Email to provide basic details Last entry date, original entry date, height, eye colour, UCI no and address. (everything provided) : Aug 08, 2024

Not sure how you informed the presence of your child in Canada, what i understand that we need to inform them through PR portal but still nothing is reflecting there for me to inform them about the details.

Also, Cant link my application with GC key for some reason.
Shukran Habibi.

When I got my passport request letter, there was a section that said if you are in Canada then you don't have to submit passport but inform us using webform. So I did the same. Later they asked me through PR portal.

In Sha Allah soon you will get a mail to submit the presence in Canada along with address and photo.

Regarding GC key try using different combinations.

Thank you

CA_Immigration_Noob

May 18, 2018
Hi,

We got our child's pre-arrival letter today. What are the next steps from here and expected timelines?

A few other Qs too -
1. Is it mandatory to link to a GC-Key?
2. We did not receive any request for Last entry date, original entry date, height, eye colour, UCI no and address., etc....is that something to be done proactively?
3. Do we follow further process on the IRCC website (with GC-Key) or the p=sponsorship portal (where we paid the fees)?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi,

We got our child's pre-arrival letter today. What are the next steps from here and expected timelines?

A few other Qs too -
2. We did not receive any request for Last entry date, original entry date, height, eye colour, UCI no and address., etc....is that something to be done proactively?
3. Do we follow further process on the IRCC website (with GC-Key) or the p=sponsorship portal (where we paid the fees)?

Congratulations. Can you share timelines

AK5021

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi,

A few other Qs too -

Congrats to you. It is NOT mandatory to link to you GY-key or create an online account. It only helps you track your application. Good luck.

Reactions: CA_Immigration_Noob

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hi,

A few other Qs too -

Seems after getting the medical request, people are getting random reqeust,

For me i got the basic details email first and next day got pre arrival letter.
You got pre arrival letter before,

but check your junk email to be at safe side...

Lmnop01

Mar 9, 2023
Usually how long after medical done to receive pre arrival or pr? I’ve called and an agent couldn’t see my case saying it was sent to my home country for processing… how the process works? I’m extremely inexperienced. Thank u all

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Usually how long after medical done to receive pre arrival or pr? I’ve called and an agent couldn’t see my case saying it was sent to my home country for processing… how the process works? I’m extremely inexperienced. Thank u all
Below is my timeline, and my case is "In Canada Application"

My timeline:

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
This is bit difficult to predict. In my case also the agent says the same thing: "sent to home country for processing". October, 2023 applied for my son's dependent visa and did his medical outside of Canada on Mid April, 2024. Still waiting for pre-arrival or PPR :( :( Quite frustrated.

Curranberry

May 8, 2019
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
This is bit difficult to predict. In my case also the agent says the same thing: "sent to home country for processing". October, 2023 applied for my son's dependent visa and did his medical outside of Canada on Mid April, 2024. Still waiting for pre-arrival or PPR :( :( Quite frustrated.
Your Son's timelines are very similar to my daughter's. We applied for her PR on 30th September 2023. Medicals were cleared in January and then file was send to home country visa office in April. Finally received a pre arrival letter on 4th August 2024 followed by passport request letter on 5th August 2024.

You should be expecting an email anytime now.

bhuv@15

Aug 23, 2024
Hi,

We have applied for PR sponsorship for our newborn child on June 14 2024 - India where the application was returned due to signature on July 11 2024 and resubmitted on the same day , it's been 44 days since submission no other update , But seen in other forums that July 2024 applicants have received their AOR's and proceeded further
Any insights on this situation

TIA

Last edited:

Curranberry

May 8, 2019
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Hi,

We have applied for PR sponsorship for our newborn child on June 14 - India where the application was returned due to signature on July 11 and resubmitted on the same day , it's been 44 days since submission no other update , But seen in other forums that July applicants have received their AOR's and proceeded further
Any insights on this situation

TIA
In our case, we received our AOR after 2 months of applying. It is common to have 2-3 months of no activity on the application

Reactions: bhuv@15