+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi beauhoe,

Regarding your response to my first query, I was going through my application form to double check if I had given the consent to CIC to collect the records from CBSA and here's what I found:

Under Section 9. D it is clearly mentioned "Please do not contact the CBSA to request your history of entries.

I am now confused.

beauhoe said:
Hello garian4u,
It seems like you did not allow CIC to check your entries to Canada by simply checking "yes" on the D section (page 5 of your CIT-0002) of your application. That could be the reason why you received RQ.

Answer to query-1: order your Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Records as soon as possible. It takes 30 days to get it by mail. Once you get it, submit the original form with copy of all the pages of your passports (in color) from the time you become PR to application date.

Answer to query-2: I am convinced that this is just for the period of physical presence in Canada, from the day you become PR to the day you applied for the citizenship.

Answer to query-3: please send them everything you have. However, instead of sending a pile of every month bank statements, I would suggest that you have copies of all your bank accounts with your name and address, approach your bank(s) to get letters with dates you become their client and information on direct deposit from your Company. Give all the information needed but at the same time make it easier for the agent to review your documents. More papers you send, more complicate it is to review and longer it takes to get test date.

Answer to query-4: in most cases, RQ is a sign of problematic application and recipes for delays. Nevertheless, I hope it is not your case.

Prepare well your answers accordingly and join a copy of the RQ as well as a short letter of thanks to the CIC-Agent.

I sincerely wish you the best,
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Hi beauhoe,

Regarding your response to my first query, I was going through my application form to double check if I had given the consent to CIC to collect the records from CBSA and here's what I found:

Under Section 9. D it is clearly mentioned "Please do not contact the CBSA to request your history of entries.

I am now confused.
Hello garian4u,
Did you give your consent to CIC by checking "YES"?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That piece of information (please do not contact the CBSA to request your history of entries) wasn't there when I applied in November 2014. You filled your application on September so you used the new form that took effect on May 2014. I think CIC is forcing applicants to get their authorization to contact directly CBSA. If you did not check YES and can't contact CBSA I do not know how you can respond to the query one (1).
garian4u, you have to contact the border services to get your report and send it to CIC as soon as possible.
Cheers,

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Hello garian4u,
Did you give your consent to CIC by checking "YES"?
I did check yes. I gave consent everywhere they asked for. I think I will let them collect from CBSA and from my side will give them copies of stamps from the passport.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
I did check yes. I gave consent everywhere they asked for. I think I will let them collect from CBSA and from my side will give them copies of stamps from the passport.
Keep us updated my friend.
Cheers,

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Including work records with application NOA & T4 , mailing today by signature required registerd Canada Post.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Mine citizenship processing time took a year to be completed. However, I have the conviction that December applicants are going to get oath invitation within six months.
Cheers,
Thanks very much for your great wishes, and congrats on your oath! I'm not sure we can get this fast, but AFAIK the fastest case I've seen is 8 months in my area (applied in Feb 2014 and oath in Oct 2014). It's a friend of mine who's Japanese and applied alone.

I signed my docs and mailed out on November 26, received on December 1, applying from Vancouver. Total days 1103.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
Thanks very much for your great wishes, and congrats on your oath! I'm not sure we can get this fast, but AFAIK the fastest case I've seen is 8 months in my area (applied in Feb 2014 and oath in Oct 2014). It's a friend of mine who's Japanese and applied alone.

I signed my docs and mailed out on November 26, received on December 1, applying from Vancouver. Total days 1103.
Thank you!
Quickyvr applied on August 7, 2014 from Vancouver and took oath on November-2014, about three months waiting.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vancouver-my-incredibly-fast-application-t253678.0.html
Wish you the best.
Cheers,

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Thank you!
Quickyvr applied on August 7, 2014 from Vancouver and took oath on November-2014, about three months waiting.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vancouver-my-incredibly-fast-application-t253678.0.html
Wish you the best.
Cheers,
This is really eye-opening, thank you!

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Hi All,

I resent my application today. December 08, 2014.

Good luck to all of us. :)

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello beauhoe,

Glad to find you are assisting other member in this process.

I will be applying for Citizenship within the next 10-15 days from Mississauga.

I did my landing back in September 2011, but I had to travel back and forth for some time. Finally, I have accumulated 1095 days in Canada which is awesome.

I have checked yes authorizing CBSA to check my entries back to Canada. What I am doing is attaching photocopies all the stamps I have. Hopefully this may not become an issue.

Anyways, I will keep you guys post it.... Any suggestion?

Cheers,

SFD

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SFD said:
Hello beauhoe,

Glad to find you are assisting other member in this process.

I will be applying for Citizenship within the next 10-15 days from Mississauga.

I did my landing back in September 2011, but I had to travel back and forth for some time. Finally, I have accumulated 1095 days in Canada which is awesome.

I have checked yes authorizing CBSA to check my entries back to Canada. What I am doing is attaching photocopies all the stamps I have. Hopefully this may not become an issue.

Anyways, I will keep you guys posted.... Any suggestion?

Cheers,

SFD

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ar_fabrics said:
Including work records with application NOA & T4 , mailing today by signature required registerd Canada Post.
Hi ar_fabrics!
I am so glad that you submitted your application today.
We wish you all the best and please keep us updated.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asagalen said:
Hi All,

I resent my application today. December 08, 2014.

Good luck to all of us. :)
Welcome in dear asagalen,
Do you mind to tell us why you have to resend your application?
We wish you the best of luck.
Cheers,