+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaazdeh said:
Courier address. The one that is mentioned above. Go t Canada post and choose Xpress post. From Toronto, it only costs me 20 dollars. You will get the tracking number, usually they say it takes 1 or 2 business day but post office gave me the excuse of holiday and it will take 4 business days.
Welcome in shaazdeh and thank you for your contribution.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wish you all welcome and hope you get some good news very soon.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine citizenship processing time took a year to be completed. However, I have the conviction that December applicants are going to get oath invitation within six months.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Hi beauhoe, I remember you from our PR application days. We had similarly helped each other out during our PR days through another thread in this forum. I finally became eligible for Citizenship in September this year and filed for it. I wanted to see if you could help me out. My application was received by CIC on Oct 3rd and they started processing on Nov 14th. They issued me and my wife an RQ on Nov 18th. My questions are:
1. Absences from Canada - point 1 mentions Passports and / or travel documents and talks of passport stamps, visas and permits. Point 2 mentions about travel records and/or records of movement. What is the difference between the 2 points? I only have stamps as records of entry/exits. Are there any separate travel records that I need to obtain? If yes, how and from where?
2. Home and family ties - The period in consideration (last 4 years) includes around 8-9 months when I was in the US before I became a PR. In the proof of residence do I need to include rental agreements, auto insurance policies, etc. of my US residences also OR is this only about the Canadian part for which I have completed 1095 days of physical presence?
3. Employment Ties - It mentions CRA Notice of assessment, T4, Bank/credit card statements, etc. Is one of them enough OR all are required? If all, then do I need to provide bank/credit card statements for each month for the last 4 years OR only the last few? I have the Notice of assessments and T4s.
4. Lastly, is getting an RQ signs of problems/delays to come OR is this routine process?
Hello garian4u,
It seems like you did not allow CIC to check your entries to Canada by simply checking "yes" on the D section (page 5 of your CIT-0002) of your application. That could be the reason why you received RQ.

Answer to query-1: order your Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Records as soon as possible. It takes 30 days to get it by mail. Once you get it, submit the original form with copy of all the pages of your passports (in color) from the time you become PR to application date.

Answer to query-2: I am convinced that this is just for the period of physical presence in Canada, from the day you become PR to the day you applied for the citizenship.

Answer to query-3: please send them everything you have. However, instead of sending a pile of every month bank statements, I would suggest that you have copies of all your bank accounts with your name and address, approach your bank(s) to get letters with dates you become their client and information on direct deposit from your Company. Give all the information needed but at the same time make it easier for the agent to review your documents. More papers you send, more complicate it is to review and longer it takes to get test date.

Answer to query-4: in most cases, RQ is a sign of problematic application and recipes for delays. Nevertheless, I hope it is not your case.

Prepare well your answers accordingly and join a copy of the RQ as well as a short letter of thanks to the CIC-Agent.

I sincerely wish you the best,
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
garian4u,

What is your local office ? where are you ? Thanks...
Welcome in us2yow,
Are you a December applicant? And from which location?
Cheers,

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have sent my second application today with UPS. I have applied in September however, the CIC does not have any record of my application.( I have the proof of delivery with the signature of the person who has received it).
Best of luck to all of you guys including me lol

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At last Iam going to apply my citizenship on 8th December Details are as below
landed in 2011
Family back to home country
I lived here & total 49 days away during last 3 years
Employment since July 2012.
Now my all family back including three children got admission in Mississauga attaching their proof of education from Home country & Last early report card from Mississauga .
Total days 1195 after 49 days
Sending Msc Degree with university letter that course was in English
Work records ( still not decide weather to send or not at the time no requirement )

Any Suggestion

Dear friends I know that it may be trigger to RQ as my family was not here but what I think if I apply 3 years later then detail of children education still show their presence in home country from 2011 to 2014 as rule will be four years out of six years so detail will consist on six year activities. Same risk will be at that time .After a lot of suggestions from my friends & from Canada visa forum I decide to apply alone .wish you all good luck

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ar_fabrics said:
At last Iam going to apply my citizenship on 8th December Details are as below
landed in 2011
Family back to home country
I lived here & total 49 days away during last 3 years
Employment since July 2012.
Now my all family back including three children got admission in Mississauga attaching their proof of education from Home country & Last early report card from Mississauga .
Total days 1195 after 49 days
Sending Msc Degree with university letter that course was in English
Work records ( still not decide weather to send or not at the time no requirement )

Any Suggestion

Dear friends I know that it may be trigger to RQ as my family was not here but what I think if I apply 3 years later then detail of children education still show their presence in home country from 2011 to 2014 as rule will be four years out of six years so detail will consist on six year activities. Same risk will be at that time .After a lot of suggestions from my friends & from Canada visa forum I decide to apply alone .wish you all good luck
Dear ar_frabrics,
Welcome in and thank you for sharing your information. I am sure you have a solid case since you are applying alone. I do not see any reason for RQ. However, make sure you check "YES" on the consent to allow CIC to get your history of entries in Canada (page 5, section D of the application form). In addition, did you have the chance to discuss this with the call center? I am not sure if you need your children school documents if you are applying alone since their names should not be on your application.
Good luck and please keep us updated.
Cheers,

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thx for welcome. The detail of children schooling here or abroad have to submit with application weather you are applying them or not

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ar_fabrics said:
Thx for welcome. The detail of children schooling here or abroad have to submit with application weather you are applying them or not
Thanks for clarification.
Cheers,

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi beauhoe,

Thanks for the detailed responses. I did check "yes" on the D section (page 5 of the CIT-0002). I did that very consciously as there is nothing to hide, and I was not gaining anything by withholding the consent. My responses have to go by Jan 2nd. I may not have enough time to order the CBSA records. Should I still order the same and if they come in time then I include them OR should I send the other documents (like passport stamps only)? I can get letter from the bank easily. But, my wife did not have a direct deposit for 1 year as she was without a job for a year. What should we do for her case?

Thanks a lot for your help and guidance.

beauhoe said:
Hello garian4u,
It seems like you did not allow CIC to check your entries to Canada by simply checking "yes" on the D section (page 5 of your CIT-0002) of your application. That could be the reason why you received RQ.

Answer to query-1: order your Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Records as soon as possible. It takes 30 days to get it by mail. Once you get it, submit the original form with copy of all the pages of your passports (in color) from the time you become PR to application date.

Answer to query-2: I am convinced that this is just for the period of physical presence in Canada, from the day you become PR to the day you applied for the citizenship.

Answer to query-3: please send them everything you have. However, instead of sending a pile of every month bank statements, I would suggest that you have copies of all your bank accounts with your name and address, approach your bank(s) to get letters with dates you become their client and information on direct deposit from your Company. Give all the information needed but at the same time make it easier for the agent to review your documents. More papers you send, more complicate it is to review and longer it takes to get test date.

Answer to query-4: in most cases, RQ is a sign of problematic application and recipes for delays. Nevertheless, I hope it is not your case.

Prepare well your answers accordingly and join a copy of the RQ as well as a short letter of thanks to the CIC-Agent.

I sincerely wish you the best,
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Hi us2yow, my local office is Mississauga. I am in Toronto.
Glad to hear back from you. How things are going at your end?
Cheers,