mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
Def a good idea to have a few weeks / 1 month buffer for the application

Good luck!
Yee its good idea to be on the safe side.

Good luck to you to!!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi beauhoe, I remember you from our PR application days. We had similarly helped each other out during our PR days through another thread in this forum. I finally became eligible for Citizenship in September this year and filed for it. I wanted to see if you could help me out. My application was received by CIC on Oct 3rd and they started processing on Nov 14th. They issued me and my wife an RQ on Nov 18th. My questions are:
1. Absences from Canada - point 1 mentions Passports and / or travel documents and talks of passport stamps, visas and permits. Point 2 mentions about travel records and/or records of movement. What is the difference between the 2 points? I only have stamps as records of entry/exits. Are there any separate travel records that I need to obtain? If yes, how and from where?
2. Home and family ties - The period in consideration (last 4 years) includes around 8-9 months when I was in the US before I became a PR. In the proof of residence do I need to include rental agreements, auto insurance policies, etc. of my US residences also OR is this only about the Canadian part for which I have completed 1095 days of physical presence?
3. Employment Ties - It mentions CRA Notice of assessment, T4, Bank/credit card statements, etc. Is one of them enough OR all are required? If all, then do I need to provide bank/credit card statements for each month for the last 4 years OR only the last few? I have the Notice of assessments and T4s.
4. Lastly, is getting an RQ signs of problems/delays to come OR is this routine process?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Hi beauhoe, I remember you from our PR application days. We had similarly helped each other out during our PR days through another thread in this forum. I finally became eligible for Citizenship in September this year and filed for it. I wanted to see if you could help me out. My application was received by CIC on Oct 3rd and they started processing on Nov 14th. They issued me and my wife an RQ on Nov 18th. My questions are:
1. Absences from Canada - point 1 mentions Passports and / or travel documents and talks of passport stamps, visas and permits. Point 2 mentions about travel records and/or records of movement. What is the difference between the 2 points? I only have stamps as records of entry/exits. Are there any separate travel records that I need to obtain? If yes, how and from where?
2. Home and family ties - The period in consideration (last 4 years) includes around 8-9 months when I was in the US before I became a PR. In the proof of residence do I need to include rental agreements, auto insurance policies, etc. of my US residences also OR is this only about the Canadian part for which I have completed 1095 days of physical presence?
3. Employment Ties - It mentions CRA Notice of assessment, T4, Bank/credit card statements, etc. Is one of them enough OR all are required? If all, then do I need to provide bank/credit card statements for each month for the last 4 years OR only the last few? I have the Notice of assessments and T4s.
4. Lastly, is getting an RQ signs of problems/delays to come OR is this routine process?
Hey garian4u,
How have you been? In 2010 we helped each other on "You are a Quebec selected applicant..." I am so glad to see you here again but first of all I would like to congratulate you on your PR three years ago and I hope you are coping well with the daily reality that all the immigrants are dealing with. Yes! I will be glad to help you with your situation but give me the chance to do it from home this evening after work. Meanwhile, I am asking all our qualified seniors to come ahead and assist garian4u as soon as they can.
Cheers,

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What address are you guys sending your application to ?
CPC-Sydney 49 Dorchester Street Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2???? or CPC-Sydney P.O. Box 7000 Sydney, NS B1P 6V6
Thanks

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
CPC-Sydney 49 Dorchester Street Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2???? or CPC-Sydney P.O. Box 7000 Sydney, NS B1P 6V6
Thanks
Please send your application to:
Case Processing Center- Sydney-Grant Adults
49 Dorchester Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2
Wish you the best,
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do not send your application by a regular mail. You can use Post Canada and ask for a tracking number.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
Thanks
Courier address. The one that is mentioned above. Go t Canada post and choose Xpress post. From Toronto, it only costs me 20 dollars. You will get the tracking number, usually they say it takes 1 or 2 business day but post office gave me the excuse of holiday and it will take 4 business days.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyome.

By the way, I put the information below in the other thread but I leave it here, hope it helps people

I sent my documents on Nov 25 and it reached Sydney office on Dec 1st. One of the things I realized while I was filling my application I want to share with you!

By chance I read it at FAQ for Residence Calculator. I hope it helps you guys.

Q19: Why is it important that the application date used in the calculation and the date of signature on the application form and the calculation printout be the same?

A19: This is important so that there is no confusion on your application date because your eligibility for citizenship is based on that date. If there is confusion, there could be delays in processing your application while we try to clarify the situation, especially if one of the dates makes you ineligible for citizenship. If the confusion cannot be resolved, the information appearing in your application form will be taken as the correct information and used to determine eligibility.

applepie

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
Nomination.....
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
13-03-2012
Med's Request
13-03-2012
Med's Done....
13-03-2012
Passport Req..
03-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2012
LANDED..........
29-05-2012
Hello!
My application was mailed Saturday, Nov 29, 2014, and received today, Wed, Dec 3, 2014, by MK.
I only waited three days to apply after I met the requirements. I couldn't wait!
Wish all of us good luck! :)

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applepie said:
Hello!
My application was mailed Saturday, Nov 29, 2014, and received today, Wed, Dec 3, 2014, by MK.
I only waited three days to apply after I met the requirements. I couldn't wait!
Wish all of us good luck! :)
Mine is signed by MK too. I waited 7 days extra but I am sure about my dates cause I have CBSA report and my plane tickets but I still didn't want to risk a bit. :)