December 2014 citizenship applicants!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shalom1 said:
Hi everyone.

My application was received this morning and signed for by Lewis.

Best wishes to everyone.
Shalom
Welcome in and thank you for sharing your information.
We wish you all the best and may the spirit of the new year bring good news to you and to your family.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SK_NKR said:
Dear beauhoe
Thank you for warm welcome. I sent in my application today 24th Dec with purolator and is expected to be in sydney on Tuesday 30th December as advised by Purolator. :D

My my wife and 2 minor children applied in August and has been in process since November 6th. I couldn't send in my application with them due to a pending case in provincial court which concluded satisfactorily on December 23.

Unfortunately my family's application file after completion of initial review on December 4th has been sent to Program Support Unit (PSU) for final review. I believe this is to confirm parentage due to the fact that my children use my surname and my wife uses her birth surname. :(.

My wife and I have decided to be proactive and sent a letter with explanation on the surname as well as copy of my passport biographical page, my PR Card as well as my landing doc which states my children as well as my wife as my dependents when we immigrated to Canada in 2011 as Permanent Residents. We hope this will clear any issue CIC may have in regards to parentage part on their application and it can go back to normal processing.
Congratulations on sending your application. It is excellent that you sent a note to the CIC to explain your situation. The most important thing in this process is to be clear and not hide anything. I am convince that you and your family will be fine and get your citizenship certificates within six months from now.
I truly wish you all the best for years to come.
Happy holidays my friend.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raman_Ram said:
@ beauhoe
They indeed increased. How did you come to know about this when they have not updated it on their system at the time you posted? Was there any twit about it by CIC in the preceding days?
Dear Raman_Ram
Welcome in and happy holidays. Please click here to read more about the increase in application fee: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=916869 (yesterday news release from CIC).
Be blessed my friend,
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raman_Ram said:
Guys do Etobiocoke comes under Mississauga or Toronto?
On January 6, 2009, CIC-Mississauga and CIC-Etobicoke combined to form CIC-GTAW (CIC-Greater Toronto Area West. To read more please click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/audit/gta-west.asp
I hope this helps.
Cheers,

krishnameister

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

The fee increase will be effective after Jan 1, 2015 from when CIC recieved completed applications..

Thx
SFD said:
Hello Everyone,

Happy Holidays!

BTW, My Citizenship Application has been received by CIC which is awesome.

All the best for everyone! Thanks Beauhoe for the support you are providing Forum members...

Abidbdo, the increase will be for those completed applications received after Jan 15th.

"To have applicant fees more closely reflect the costs associated with processing citizenship applications, citizenship processing fees will increase from $300 to $530 for applicants whose complete applications are received after Jan. 1, 2015. These applicants will benefit from the processing improvements outlined above, and this is in keeping with user-pay principles and a move toward full cost recovery in the citizenship program."

Cheers,

SFD

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FRIENDS!
May the spirit of the New Year guides you and helps you achieve your resolutions. If I have one wish, it is to see you get your citizenship certificates in a very short time.
It has been a pleasure to be part of this thread community and I would like to thank you very much for your contribution at different level.
May you and your family be blessed always.
Cheers,

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Dear friends,
Under the current application fee ($300), a lot of applicants are getting citizenship certificate within a year. There is a chance for fee increase ($300 to $530) if you decided not to apply this month. However, the waiting time is going to be less.
Seems like you get what you pay for!
Cheers,
Does that mean whoever's application is received after 1 Jan 2015 and pay more fees will get citizenship before whoever has applied before 1 Jan 2015 ( ie in Dec 2014). ?

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
Well as of now, its generally 6 months mostly for post June 2014 ON applicants with some from Vancouver and Montreal as well. I donno how short they will make it with $630. So the question should be whether pre Jan 2015 applications would be put on hold and not be a priority anymore. The answer is simply no, as post June 2014 applicants applied with the then "new increased fee".

And what is the big difference when Dec 2014 ones get their oath in June 2015 and the Jan 2015 ones get their oath in April 2015? What is the difference between 4 months and 6 months anyways? Unless you wanna hit the warm sunny nude beaches in US by April itself :p

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
hello guys anyone from December 2014 applicantswho did not submit T4/NOA? i submitted my application last Dec.15, 2014 and received Dec. 17, 2014 but i did not attach T4 and NOA. I only follow what is in the checklists, hopefully it will not cause any delay :(

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raman_Ram said:
Well as of now, its generally 6 months mostly for post June 2014 ON applicants with some from Vancouver and Montreal as well. I donno how short they will make it with $630. So the question should be whether pre Jan 2015 applications would be put on hold and not be a priority anymore. The answer is simply no, as post June 2014 applicants applied with the then "new increased fee".

And what is the big difference when Dec 2014 ones get their oath in June 2015 and the Jan 2015 ones get their oath in April 2015? What is the difference between 4 months and 6 months anyways? Unless you wanna hit the warm sunny nude beaches in US by April itself :p
Lol

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
ondang2 said:
hello guys anyone from December 2014 applicantswho did not submit T4/NOA? i submit my application last Dec.15, 2014 and received Dec. 17, 2014 but i did not attach T4 and NOA. I only follow what is in the checklists, hopefully it will not cause any delay :(
I am an August applicant. Earlier we had two groups religiously fighting here over attach or not attach additional documents issue. I am from the NOT group; though others tried to intimidate me too I strictly followed what CIC asked for. Not even attached a blank sheet additional to my application, no T4, no NOA nothing...

I am already scheduled for Test next week, may be the third one to receive test call under August thread here. So don't worry, if you sent everything they asked.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
triumpher83 said:
Does that mean whoever's application is received after 1 Jan 2015 and pay more fees will get citizenship before whoever has applied before 1 Jan 2015 ( ie in Dec 2014). ?
I can tell you for sure that a lot of applicants who applied in 2013 got their citizenship while applicants from 2011 still waiting for the test.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raman_Ram said:

Good comment Raman_Ram.
Cheers,