Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
treefour said:
Mine also changed on the 25th saying a decision has been made on the 23rd and a letter has been sent. my wife's medical also changed to received. I have no idea what the decision is though as I haven't got an email, so they must have sent it via snail mail. The waiting is killing me though, wish they would have sent an email (like all the other correspondence so far :(
Sponsor is usually approved if there is no criminal background, and not on welfare, and either living in Canada or with proofs to return to Canada... so unless there is something "obvious" in your application to sponsor, most likely it is a positive decision! :) Check the spam folder, in case, and otherwise it's probably with the snail mail... If you have time and are in Canada, you can also try and contact the call center (it's hard to get through) and they should be able to tell you what the decision is over the phone.
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
katzenbaum said:
Thanks for the reassurance, Sweden. I am not sure about the visa office - we are closest to Los Angeles, geographically, but in other comments I see mentions of Ottawa processing all US applications? So not sure.
Buffalo office ( who was in charge of US applicants) closed down last year, and Ottawa was processing all US based applicants. However, it seems that sometimes Ottawa does the first part of the second stage ( so to speak!) and then send it to one of the satellites offices in the US for final review ( or something like this... it's CIC, not much info available!). In the sponsorship approval letter/email, you will be told where your application is being sent to.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Now I really want to know where it is going....Cairo office closed yesterday due to the up roar over there ???

I was told by another member the approval said Cairo, but the application went to Ottawa. I also called CIC and was told special cases go to Ottawa...such circumstances as back logs and the local embassy being closed for example...

Guess I should just hurry up and wait. It is early in the game to be worried or impatient....it could be 14 months. I may be bald if I keep this up.... :p

Thanks for the reply Sweden!

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
treefour said:
Mine also changed on the 25th saying a decision has been made on the 23rd and a letter has been sent. my wife's medical also changed to received. I have no idea what the decision is though as I haven't got an email, so they must have sent it via snail mail. The waiting is killing me though, wish they would have sent an email (like all the other correspondence so far :(
Congratulations Treefour :)
There doesn't seem to be too many lingering in Stage 1 from December Outland
Hope the ones still waiting here soon!!!

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
Hi there!

Finally I received an email from CIC yesterday and they asked me to provide further documents that show I am living in Canada ???
I don't know why but all requested documents( agreement lease residential, bank statement, Phone bill, registration letter shows I'm student in the university) were provided and sent to CIC today.
Hopefully I will get news soon.

Cheers! ::)

katzenbaum

Dec 18, 2012
Good news, got my letter from CIC dated 1/21/13 that I am approved to sponsor my common law partner. :D Now this weekend I have to prepare all the documents to submit to Quebec for the certificate of selection. On to step 2!

karan1916

Star Member
Jul 18, 2005
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
1-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
June 2013
katzenbaum said:
Good news, got my letter from CIC dated 1/21/13 that I am approved to sponsor my common law partner. :D Now this weekend I have to prepare all the documents to submit to Quebec for the certificate of selection. On to step 2!
Congratulations. Are you a Dec applicant, as I don't have you in the spreadsheet. If you want to be added please provide me with Date Application received by CIC, Visa Office and when the medicals were done. Also let me know if you received an acknowledgement.

Thanks
K

Mrs.

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 18 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 8 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 9 2012
Med's Done....
July 19 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
katzenbaum said:
Just a heads up: The is one of the forms for the CSQ that must be submitted in FRENCH ONLY. The English version is for reference only and will not be accepted by the MICC. To be on the safe side, i submitted everything in French!

Wpg80

Jan 30, 2013
Hi everyone I just discovered this website I am a december applicant. My wife's application for permanent residence has been received at the cic office in Tel aviv , I received an e mail from cic this morning asking for a document to be sent to them before they can continue to process the application. Weird thing there is no information on what they need and also it says to send it by the due date which they also did not provide. I'll copy and paste most of the email here: This is exactly what they sent me i just did not add the name and file number. Also to note i sent all original documents and copies to cic Mississauga, I hope they did not lose anything.

This refers to your application for a Canadian Permanent Resident visa. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents: (please note the due date format is Month/Day/Year)

Please note:

All Police Certificates must be ORIGINAL documents. Other documents should be submitted as Certified or Notarized Copies unless otherwise specified. If written in a language other than English or French, the document must be accompanied by original certified translations in English or French.

The above information/documents must be received in our office by the due date specified. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence, attach a copy of this request letter, and address your correspondence to the Canadian Embassy at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
CIC clearly didn't send you a completed letter. The form letter wasn't properly edited. Only choice you have now is to call them quoting your UCI no. as you can't provide them with what you don't know. It appears they are saying that the police certificate received wasn't original so that you would have to point out to them. The quicker you can do this is the better but still you shouldn't be penalised for late submission as they didn't provide you with a due date.

Wpg80 said:
Hi everyone I just discovered this website I am a december applicant. My wife's application for permanent residence has been received at the cic office in Tel aviv , I received an e mail from cic this morning asking for a document to be sent to them before they can continue to process the application. Weird thing there is no information on what they need and also it says to send it by the due date which they also did not provide. I'll copy and paste most of the email here: This is exactly what they sent me i just did not add the name and file number. Also to note i sent all original documents and copies to cic Mississauga, I hope they did not lose anything.

This refers to your application for a Canadian Permanent Resident visa. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents: (please note the due date format is Month/Day/Year)

Please note:

All Police Certificates must be ORIGINAL documents. Other documents should be submitted as Certified or Notarized Copies unless otherwise specified. If written in a language other than English or French, the document must be accompanied by original certified translations in English or French.

The above information/documents must be received in our office by the due date specified. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence, attach a copy of this request letter, and address your correspondence to the Canadian Embassy at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
fromadistance said:
Helloooo...I would hate to think I am the only December applicant in this forum!!

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Yay! E-cas updated to say medical received! Does that mean I can update my medical requested thingie on here?

What I'm confused about is, if you click on the link that breaks down the application for PR, it says that medical received should fall under decision made, but it still says application received?

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
brightredscream said:
Yay! E-cas updated to say medical received! Does that mean I can update my medical requested thingie on here?

What I'm confused about is, if you click on the link that breaks down the application for PR, it says that medical received should fall under decision made, but it still says application received?
The medical received goes with the applicant portion part for stage 2. The decision made is for stage 1 so it shouldn't be with it.

When I log into mine it shows on the left decision made when I click on it, then it shows date received and that a letter has been sent.

On the right it says application received upon clicking it, it then shows date received and medicals received.

I am not sure about the medical request part but I think that is for later on in the process if they need to be redone.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong :)

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Thanks for the link, I will check it out for sure.

By the way, Congrats on the update!!! ;D Totally forgot to include it in my OP. ??? I know I was excited when I checked it and found it too!!

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013