+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

rowshan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
The following message was sent to me by my MP. The text in bold is from a VO representative in Ankara. Nothing really new is included here except for the claim that they are still in the process of transferring files and that it should be completed by March.

"Many of you are eagerly looking for updates from the Damascus office about sponsor cases. I have done a more general inquiry with their office to try and get some information on the status of files that are in the process of being transferred. This is the update I received and I thought I would pass on the information to you:"

Due to the closure of the Visa Section of the Canadian Embassy in Damascus, active Permanent Residence applications have been transferred as outlined below:
Citizens and Residents of Iran
• All Permanent Resident applications have been transferred to Ankara, Turkey.
Citizens and Residents of Cyprus, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria
• Federal Skilled Worker and Federal Business Immigration Categories – All applications have been transferred to Ankara.
• Quebec, Provincial Nominee, and Family Class Sponsorship categories – Applications have been transferred to the following offices:
o Amman – Jordan, Syria, Iraq
o Beirut – Lebanon
o Tel Aviv – Cyprus
We are currently in the process of transferring several thousand files - physically and electronically - to the correct offices. This is taking some time, but we do expect to have the task completed in March. As you noted, processing times in Ankara have historically been much quicker than in Damascus. It is too soon for us to say what processing times will be in the future, but there is little hope that they will be reduced in the short term.
Please be assured that we will contact the applicants as soon as we are able to advance their files to the next stage of processing.

I will continue to update you on any more information I receive.

LELLO

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2011
Doc's Request.
09-18-2012
File Transfer...
04-06-2011/ 07-03-2012 (BEY)
Med's Request
09-18-2012
Med's Done....
09-25-2012
Interview........
02-14-2013
Passport Req..
02-14-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-14-2013
;)saba70 lele, and gd morning to all...
Yalla Beirut, we want PPRs soon....

Mr. Patient

Jan 24, 2012
Hello all,
When i log in to ecase with my client id it was showing in proccess but yesterday changed to decision made the message inside when i click on it it shows the same message when it was in proccess. Can any one please tell me why did this change i have a feeling it's just because my file now is sent to amman but not so sure

Thanks

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
Mr. Patient said:
Hello all,
When i log in to ecase with my client id it was showing in proccess but yesterday changed to decision made the message inside when i click on it it shows the same message when it was in proccess. Can any one please tell me why did this change i have a feeling it's just because my file now is sent to amman but not so sure

Thanks
Hi Mr Patient,
When did you apply? Were you waiting for Mississauga's approval? Or was your file in Damascus before?

Mr. Patient

Jan 24, 2012
vivi2 said:
Hi Mr Patient,
When did you apply? Were you waiting for Mississauga's approval? Or was your file in Damascus before?
I got the letter of approval on dec 16 2011 but my file was held in mississauga do to the issue in syria but i had called cic and told them my wife is in danger in iraq and they put a rush on my file.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
Mr. Patient said:
I got the letter of approval on dec 16 2011 but my file was held in mississauga do to the issue in syria but i had called cic and told them my wife is in danger in iraq and they put a rush on my file.
Oh so when you log in to ecas you see decision made on both sides? :) under "sponsorship application" AND under "permanent residence application"? if so then i guess you can start celebrating! :)

Mr. Patient

Jan 24, 2012
vivi2 said:
Oh so when you log in to ecas you see decision made on both sides? :) under "sponsorship application" AND under "permanent residence application"? if so then i guess you can start celebrating! :)

I only see decision made under sponsorshi application and under pr aplication status shows application received

N

Nenan

vivi2 said:
hi vivi12 , Mr patient applied since 2months and probably his file transferred to Amman VO, do you think Amman VO process his file very fast and his wife may get ppr? I think he mean the decision made about sponsorship application

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
Mr. Patient said:
I only see decision made under sponsorshi application and under pr aplication status shows application received
Oh well sorry then :( Mine is exactly like that after 10.5 months too ... That only means decision made for the first part, which you already knew they had made the decision, since you got your approval letter 2 months ago. Weird it has changed after 2 months! And another example of how unreliable ecas is ...
Hope you get the news you want really soon :)

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
Nenan said:
hi vivi12 , Mr patient applied since 2months and probably his file transferred to Amman VO, do you think Amman VO process his file very fast and his wife may get ppr? I think he mean the decision made about sponsorship application
Yeah you were right, decision made for the first part only ... I hope all visa offices process all the files as fast as possible and I'm pretty sure they are doing their best. I don't think they are happy about what has happened to us with all the transfers either, after all they are human beings too and have emotions ;)

Mr. Patient

Jan 24, 2012
vivi2 said:
Oh well sorry then :( Mine is exactly like that after 10.5 months too ... That only means decision made for the first part, which you already knew they had made the decision, since you got your approval letter 2 months ago. Weird it has changed after 2 months! And another example of how unreliable ecas is ...
i believe because it was not transferred to Amman VO and thats why they did not make a decision until now.

samira12

Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
[url=http://www.picturesanimations.com/kitty][img]http://www.picturesanimations.com/k/kitty/i116113304_60672.gif[/img][/url]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
at first
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011 &02-05-2012
Passport Req..
8June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12June 2012
LANDED..........
24 July 2012
vivi2 said:
Vivi joonam God knows how much we have to wait!!
In Iran most of the people are happy for Norooz and do shopping and.....
But I can't do them alone :(

N

Nenan

vivi2 said:
Yeah you were right, decision made for the first part only ... I hope all visa offices process all the files as fast as possible and I'm pretty sure they are doing their best. I don't think they are happy about what has happened to us with all the transfers either, after all they are human beings too and have emotions ;)
Dear vivi12 your words touch my wound,yesterday my husband call me and he he was very frustrated and he think to quit all this and back to Iraq