+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

R and A

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody knows the Embassy is open tomorrow or not? It is a holiday (family day)!!!!!!!

I hope everybody is doing well!!

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
R and A said:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody knows the Embassy is open tomorrow or not? It is a holiday (family day)!!!!!!!

It is open ;) The next office closure is April 6.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
R and A said:
Hi everyone,

not all the provinces celebrate and have long weekend and since the embassy represents all Canada no holiday for them ;)
happy 10 months vivi joon hope this is the last month anniversary for u ;)
for everyone else, hope that even if u argue sometimes u'll still b friends and b active here :) we r all in this together; the problem we r under pressure and this process makes everyone frustrated and sometimes some people say things on the moment and also when the language is not our mother tongue some things might sound different than the intent...i think everyone would have wished that all the files r transfered to Ankara, but it's not us to decide...
have a nice long weekend :)

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
i became tired , when they are gonna send ppr ?

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faridzad said:
i became tired , when they are gonna send ppr ?
Hi Faridzad, I hope soooooooooooon.
I am thinking to take my papers and go to the empassy here in Lebanon and ask them why tell now.
as try to get information :)

what do you think my friend in this forum? good idea? now or after 2 weeks?

LELLO

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2011
Doc's Request.
09-18-2012
File Transfer...
04-06-2011/ 07-03-2012 (BEY)
Med's Request
09-18-2012
Med's Done....
09-25-2012
Interview........
02-14-2013
Passport Req..
02-14-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-14-2013
Good day too....
Lele, i think u should wait a few weeks to go there. I know that my husband is going Mid March so hopefully you will have
answers

tati00

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
lebanon - tripoli
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/3/2011
File Transfer...
27/4/2011
Med's Done....
4/2/2011
on tuesday i'm going to the embassy here in lebanon to ask ,, maybe they may have some ansewrs ,, nshallah i hope so :)

N

Nenan

missmini said:
not all the provinces celebrate and have long weekend and since the embassy represents all Canada no holiday for them ;)
happy 10 months vivi joon hope this is the last month anniversary for u ;)
for everyone else, hope that even if u argue sometimes u'll still b friends and b active here :) we r all in this together; the problem we r under pressure and this process makes everyone frustrated and sometimes some people say things on the moment and also when the language is not our mother tongue some things might sound different than the intent...i think everyone would have wished that all the files r transfered to Ankara, but it's not us to decide...
have a nice long weekend :)
oh yes missmini you are absolutely true ;) by the way ...I also wished that my file transferred to Ankara VO not to Amman VO, but as long as I believe this is God's will, I don't object on God's will, who knows what is better for me or what is better for us ? I have believe that Allah won't lost us and Allah will help us as long as we trust in Allah's decisions and Allah's will in all our life's aspects,I feel good when Ankara VO respond well to you,that give me hope that the change sounds good,it may be new policy of CIC involve all the other new V.Offices , we shouldn't' forget that Damascus Vo was had great load of files of different categories include immigration visa,sponsorship,study visa,trade visa and refugee (refugee programs which Aims for Settlement of 20 thousands of Iraqi refugee in Canada till 2013 )which is not present in other VO in that huge number,we should now exclude this load in all 3 visa offices Ankara,Amman, Beirut and expect new actions in those middle eastern Canadian V.Offices :D

rowshan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Hello friends!

First of all, I would just like to say that I've been visiting this forum for a few months now and it has been a tremendous help to me and my wife! I can't imagine what it would've been like or what I'd do if I hadn't found this forum. Being apart from the one you love for long periods of time is difficult enough let alone having to worry about the immigration process.

We're all going to be journeying together through this and I just wanted to thank you with all my heart for sharing all of your experiences so powerfully. I know the value of contributing regularly and encouraging others to stay positive and hopeful and so I'm thankful to those people who have devoted a great deal of time and energy on here.

Now please allow me to ask a quick question to clarify an issue that I have surrounding when the immigration process officially started with my wife's application.

On the Online Client Application Status under Sponsorship, it states that my sponsor's application was received on April, 2011 and that they started processing her application on May, 2011.

And under the Permanent Residence section, it basically states that they received her application for permanent residence on June, 2011.

So exactly when did they start processing her application? As of June correct? So by June, 2012 it would be one year since they received and 'started' to process her application. I hope it doesn't take that long but I would just like to know as a point of reference.

Thank you for your time dear friends (doostaye azizam!)

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
rowshan said:
Hello friends!

First of all, I would just like to say that I've been visiting this forum for a few months now and it has been a tremendous help to me and my wife! I can't imagine what it would've been like or what I'd do if I hadn't found this forum. Being apart from the one you love for long periods of time is difficult enough let alone having to worry about the immigration process.

We're all going to be journeying together through this and I just wanted to thank you with all my heart for sharing all of your experiences so powerfully. I know the value of contributing regularly and encouraging others to stay positive and hopeful and so I'm thankful to those people who have devoted a great deal of time and energy on here.

Now please allow me to ask a quick question to clarify an issue that I have surrounding when the immigration process officially started with my wife's application.

On the Online Client Application Status under Sponsorship, it states that my sponsor's application was received on April, 2011 and that they started processing her application on May, 2011.

And under the Permanent Residence section, it basically states that they received her application for permanent residence on June, 2011.

So exactly when did they start processing her application? As of June correct? So by June, 2012 it would be one year since they received and 'started' to process her application. I hope it doesn't take that long but I would just like to know as a point of reference.

Thank you for your time dear friends (doostaye azizam!)
Dear Rowshan,
Welcome here. I think it means they recieved your package in April and and you got your first satge approval in May. Then Damascus recieved your file in June.

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
Hi,
Yesterday I was talking to my friend who is from FIji and she is sponsering her husband from Fiji. Their Visa office is Australia. She told me 2 months after file was sent to Australia they contacted them and asked for Family Tree( Grandparents, Uncle and aunts information).
Has anyone here been asked for that. I was wondering if only VO in Australia asks for it. If I know that other VO are interested in Family tree, we can make it so it is ready once the ask
LOL. with my husband having 9 or10 uncles and aunts from each side it is gonna take a while to get all the info ;D

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
rah said:
Hi,
Yesterday I was talking to my friend who is from FIji and she is sponsering her husband from Fiji. Their Visa office is Australia. She told me 2 months after file was sent to Australia they contacted them and asked for Family Tree( Grandparents, Uncle and aunts information).
Has anyone here been asked for that. I was wondering if only VO in Australia asks for it. If I know that other VO are interested in Family tree, we can make it so it is ready once the ask
LOL. with my husband having 9 or10 uncles and aunts from each side it is gonna take a while to get all the info ;D
haha interesting, no no canada doesnt have that, they already have too much paper work , they dont want to know about amoo abaso khale shahla lool

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
sohrab919 said:
haha interesting, no no canada doesnt have that, they already have too much paper work , they dont want to know about amoo abaso khale shahla lool
That was Canadian VO in Australia that asked for it.
But thanks I am glad that Damascus never asked it. I know it is really funny to call an uncle after many years and ask for their date of birth. They are gonna feel so important and getting the visa or not depent on them.

hopefuly Ankara never asks for any stupid time consuming info.
So what type of additional documents they usually ask for?

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011