App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
Hey Kat-H It's only a long weekend in certrain parts of Canada, therefore the VO in Beirut is not going to take a holiday for Family Day, therefore not that looong

Also, I read the whole comment on Canada being unfair or a country to get out of or something and I just laughed! I am such a proud Canadian. Yes the government is hectic sometimes and what not, BUT in 2006 how many people came from Lebanon refugee? How many people escaped Syria right away because of the ridiculous events that was going on?? That is from the help of the Canadian government. I love this country and my hubby loves it without him being in it yet. It helps individuals grow, gives us the opportunity of going to university in reference to grants and loans! Amazing country! I love Canada! Yes this process is ridiculous but its not because the Canadian government doesn't want immigrants (there are other VO's in Europe and other places being processed) ours is just taking a long time because of what went on in Syria this last year!

Please be thankful for living in a free country, we are so blessed, and soon our spouse will join us in this country and the country will help us achieve our goals and help us have a bright future. Good luck everyone xoxo

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Last day of week.
Let be strong and faithful that good news will come hopefully. We will be the winner. We started a battle and we have to finish it sucssesfuly. We can not give up.

sinashams15

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 july 2011
AOR Received.
5 oct 2011
HI
Should I contact my mp or wait to receive email from ankara?
I received mail that my application reached damascus on oct 5th 2011

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
R and A said:
Hi everyone,

I like to share a story with you all. Today I called my lawyer to ask her couple of questions which one of them was about that $490 that you guys mentioned and about my husband's medical.

After 10min, she started screaming at me and she said, you took 10min of my time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, I was speechless. I said bye and hang up. I was at work and it was my lunch time, I just broke down, I started crying at my work place. It was embaressing. I called her back after 10min and she didn't answer my phone call, I left a message for her. I said, "You are my lawyer, I have this right to ask you questions! Why would you pay you sooooo much money if you don't have anytime to answer my questions???"
I can't believe her. I just got home from work with a big headache. OMG, please God.
She also mentioned something about squirity check, which she said, if embassy put the file on the sequrity check we can't do anything and it might take 1 to 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!! What is sequrity check???
I lost my mind today. I can't...................
(Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.)

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sinashams15 said:
HI
Should I contact my mp or wait to receive email from ankara?
I received mail that my application reached damascus on oct 5th 2011
you can contact your MP but it is too early for you to expect an answer from them while there are many files in queue. But you can try! At least we do not have nothing to lose by contacting the MPs.

sinashams15

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 july 2011
AOR Received.
5 oct 2011
Arezou said:
you can contact your MP but it is too early for you to expect an answer from them while there are many files in queue. But you can try! At least we do not have nothing to lose by contacting the MPs.
Thanks a lot

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
Raha said:
Thank you vivi n Arezou for clearing up. As far as we received the letter with UCI as well as a number starting with F, I believe what vivi jun stated applies to my case and my application is resting in Canada ;)
Btw, I will try to contact CIC and Ankara to make sure. Again thanx for the helpful piece of information. I am so lucky to have you around! :-*
Hi Raha, Welcome here, VIVI is right I called the call center to ask something else and Then I found out that my file is still in Canada. Base on convesations in here I think all the file after June or July never made it to Damascus

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
nairyd said:
Hey Kat-H It's only a long weekend in certrain parts of Canada, therefore the VO in Beirut is not going to take a holiday for Family Day, therefore not that looong

Also, I read the whole comment on Canada being unfair or a country to get out of or something and I just laughed! I am such a proud Canadian. Yes the government is hectic sometimes and what not, BUT in 2006 how many people came from Lebanon refugee? How many people escaped Syria right away because of the ridiculous events that was going on?? That is from the help of the Canadian government. I love this country and my hubby loves it without him being in it yet. It helps individuals grow, gives us the opportunity of going to university in reference to grants and loans! Amazing country! I love Canada! Yes this process is ridiculous but its not because the Canadian government doesn't want immigrants (there are other VO's in Europe and other places being processed) ours is just taking a long time because of what went on in Syria this last year!

Please be thankful for living in a free country, we are so blessed, and soon our spouse will join us in this country and the country will help us achieve our goals and help us have a bright future. Good luck everyone xoxo
I agree. There are certain things that I don't like about Canada but what other country is better than here. Maybe when it comes to middle east they are extra careful and caused delay in the proccess but once you get here, you enjoy all the rights that Canadian have. same health care, schools, Grants, facilities. Plus if Syria was safe, Canadian VO could easily increase number of employees. Some MPs and lawyers are crazy but this country is one of the best places to live, atleast better than Iran. My mom is not Iranian, when she got married to my dad she got her Iranian shenasnameh(ID) in one week but after 20 years of living there and speaking Farsi perfectly, she was always treated badly, and always remained foreigner.
When we talk about Canadian being racist ask me how Mashadi people made fun of or talked rudly to tourists. A lot of racism in Iran I have seen . Or how they treated Afghani refugees? I don't know anything about oher middle eastern countries or Dubai.

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
vivi2 said:
Another email from Ankara! :) I adore these people!

Thanking us for the update message (we scanned and sent the green paper of the re-medical a few days ago), also saying that the scanned copy of the medical report that we sent is sufficient and there is NO need to send the original paper.

They replied just after 3 days, as Sohrab said the 25 days they say on their email is not true at all, we've experienced it 2 times! But no wonder! I mean the number of receptionists in Ankara is just the same as the number of immigration officers in Damascus!! ::)
Dear Vivi,

please give me the email address of Ankara. Thx.

WXYZ

Star Member
Dec 22, 2011
rah said:
I agree. There are certain things that I don't like about Canada but what other country is better than here. Maybe when it comes to middle east they are extra careful and caused delay in the proccess but once you get here, you enjoy all the rights that Canadian have. same health care, schools, Grants, facilities. Plus if Syria was safe, Canadian VO could easily increase number of employees. Some MPs and lawyers are crazy but this country is one of the best places to live, atleast better than Iran. My mom is not Iranian, when she got married to my dad she got her Iranian shenasnameh(ID) in one week but after 20 years of living there and speaking Farsi perfectly, she was always treated badly, and always remained foreigner.
When we talk about Canadian being racist ask me how Mashadi people made fun of or talked rudly to tourists. A lot of racism in Iran I have seen . Or how they treated Afghani refugees? I don't know anything about oher middle eastern countries or Dubai.
I live in Iran and have been here for about 16 years but I grew up in UK,and as a child we always felt like a foreigner,but there were people that really made us feel at home and were great,I mean when someone isnt at her/his own country they always feel they need more. and we give somethings up because we feel its worth it...and with the things I've heard about Canada and Canadians from my husband, it seem like they accept different cultures very well. but about Iranians not treating tourists well its a first for me!!! I think they are treated great in Iran by the people,yes they have some limitations but Iranians are generally kind and warm people,and foreigners that live in Iran are treated exceptionally good, I dont know what u mean by rudeness but I really think u are mistaken and u shouldn't generalize one or two bad act...

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
WXYZ said:
I live in Iran and have been here for about 16 years but I grew up in UK,and as a child we always felt like a foreigner,but there were people that really made us feel at home and were great,I mean when someone isnt at her/his own country they always feel they need more. and we give somethings up because we feel its worth it...and with the things I've heard about Canada and Canadians from my husband, it seem like they accept different cultures very well. but about Iranians not treating tourists well its a first for me!!! I think they are treated great in Iran by the people,yes they have some limitations but Iranians are generally kind and warm people,and foreigners that live in Iran are treated exceptionally good, I dont know what u mean by rudeness but I really think u are mistaken and u shouldn't generalize one or two bad act...
Dear I am not talking about foreigners like from Uk or France,..... I know Iranian treat those right. I am talking about foreigners like from Afghani or Pakistani or the Ghazaghi. Some of them lived there for many years. Do you know in Iranthat some people from Afghanestan were not even allowed to have jobs or go to universities. Even for afew years they banned elmentry schools to accept afghani students. Do you know they packed trucks with afghani people and dumped them other side of the border in the middle of night with no food or anything when Afghanestan was unsafe. Have you seen how they make fun of Pakistani's cloths when they come to Haram. Have you heard the jokes they make about turks. Have you heard what they call Arabs. Have you seen an Iranian mother going KHastegari for her son and then refusing the girl because she does not have light skin. Have you seen that men treat poor ghazagh or turkaman girls that try to sell things on the street like prostitutes. I guess because I lived in Mashad and have seen so many of them.I am not against Iran or Iranian. As half Iranian I consider Iran my country too, and I love it. Plus my husband is Iranian. All I was trying to say is that there are alot of racism even in Iran. because I am from there I can say that but I am sure there is in other countries too, but I have no right to comment. All I am trying to say Canada has less racism than where I came from. Atleast in Canada they don't take away your basic human right. Atleast they don't take away the internet from people. All I am saying we can't find a better place than here. Lets not forget what this country has offered us, If not then we were not bringing our spouses here. And not let this long proccess disappoint us.
Actually I am going to quit talking about this topic anymore as our dear freind said this is the palce to talk about family sponsership not racism 8)

WXYZ

Star Member
Dec 22, 2011
rah said:
Dear I am not talking about foreigners like from Uk or France,..... I know Iranian treat those right. I am talking about foreigners like from Afghani or Pakistani or the Ghazaghi. Some of them lived there for many years. Do you know in Iranthat some people from Afghanestan were not even allowed to have jobs or go to universities. Even for afew years they banned elmentry schools to accept afghani students. Do you know they packed trucks with afghani people and dumped them other side of the border in the middle of night with no food or anything when Afghanestan was unsafe. Have you seen how they make fun of Pakistani's cloths when they come to Haram. Have you heard the jokes they make about turks. Have you heard what they call Arabs. Have you seen an Iranian mother going KHastegari for her son and then refusing the girl because she does not have light skin. Have you seen that men treat poor ghazagh or turkaman girls that try to sell things on the street like prostitutes. I guess because I lived in Mashad and have seen so many of them.I am not against Iran or Iranian. As half Iranian I consider Iran my country too, and I love it. Plus my husband is Iranian. All I was trying to say is that there are alot of racism even in Iran. because I am from there I can say that but I am sure there is in other countries too, but I have no right to comment. All I am trying to say Canada has less racism than where I came from. Atleast in Canada they don't take away your basic human right. Atleast they don't take away the internet from people. All I am saying we can't find a better place than here. Lets not forget what this country has offered us, If not then we were not bringing our spouses here. And not let this long proccess disappoint us.
Actually I am going to quit talking about this topic anymore as our dear freind said this is the palce to talk about family sponsership not racism 8)
I absolutely agree, misunderstood...
but tnx for ur explanation

LELLO

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2011
Doc's Request.
09-18-2012
File Transfer...
04-06-2011/ 07-03-2012 (BEY)
Med's Request
09-18-2012
Med's Done....
09-25-2012
Interview........
02-14-2013
Passport Req..
02-14-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-14-2013
Good morning everyone, and to others good afternoon.....
yalla lets hope this weekend will past fast. For some, Happy Family Day and I hope our loved ones will join us soon.
Stay positive, and remember you ave control of your stress and frustration. Be strong and we are all in this same journey together. :)

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no news from the VO, hellooo beirut turkia amman are you hearing us.......

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
Arezou said:
Dear Vivi,

please give me the email address of Ankara. Thx.
Here it is Arezou jun:
ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca