Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
Raha said:
Merc Arezou jun, We received a letter in mid December saying our application is transferred to Damascus , but it seems there are people who has received such a letter but their application is still in Canada.
Today the CIC agent said my app is not in Canada anymore, I will call them on Monday again. It would be funny if they transfer some and keep others!!! No Rule, No Rhythm!
Raha jun, adding to what Arezou said, call center agents are so good at making answers up sometimes and sometimes they have no idea what they're talking about unfortunately! So don't get surprised if you call tomorrow and get a different reply ;)

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
Hey Sohrab, sorry to bother you but have you got any news about the VO in Beirut/do you think you'll get any? :D

It's almost the weekend, and for some of us its a long weeked--yipeee :D lol

Kat-H

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Request
19-2-2011 and 13-01-2012
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2012
nairyd said:
Hey Sohrab, sorry to bother you but have you got any news about the VO in Beirut/do you think you'll get any? :D

It's almost the weekend, and for some of us its a long weeked--yipeee :D lol
Let's hope it is not a longggggggggggggggg waitttttttttttttttt...We really need them to grant us the visas sooonn or else i'll fall in deep depression ???

O

Ottawa_2010

Just to explain to u guys how useless CIC is. I paid the right of permanent residence fee online at the beginning of January. and sent them the receipt. I called today to check if it shows on the system that the payment is received. Guess what the answer was, Not yet. A month and a half and the payment is not received. I paid it online, the whole point of doing things online is to make it faster!!!!!

I swear to god i have never seen a country like this before. They do not have a system. Far worse the the 3rd world.

My question, what is the point of making a payment online if you have to send the receipt by mail anyway?

Everyday i get convinced more that its not worth living here. All the time time we waited just to live here and be part of such system.

LELLO

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2011
Doc's Request.
09-18-2012
File Transfer...
04-06-2011/ 07-03-2012 (BEY)
Med's Request
09-18-2012
Med's Done....
09-25-2012
Interview........
02-14-2013
Passport Req..
02-14-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-14-2013
Ottawa_2010... i say the same thing to myself everyday. It is a crazy place here, but I swear if «beirut was safe i will move back tomorrow. I have been in Canada for over 20 yrs and never felt I belong to it. LOL could u imagine my husbandÉ He will have the shock of his life here.
HHHH we have to stay strong.
For all the Lebanese out there, my MP assured me that my file was sent Feb 3rd from Montreal ( i dont know what the hell it was doing there for f**** 8 months) and now lets see how long more i have to wait. She goes that my file looks good because my husband never was in the army...its like how the hell she knows...they just talk for nothing. I am not sure about processing our files but Beirut seema to be a lazy offive over there. They will ot start processing till Mid March...why...NO CLUE

R and A

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Hi everyone,

I like to share a story with you all. Today I called my lawyer to ask her couple of questions which one of them was about that $490 that you guys mentioned and about my husband's medical.

After 10min, she started screaming at me and she said, you took 10min of my time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, I was speechless. I said bye and hang up. I was at work and it was my lunch time, I just broke down, I started crying at my work place. It was embaressing. I called her back after 10min and she didn't answer my phone call, I left a message for her. I said, "You are my lawyer, I have this right to ask you questions! Why would you pay you sooooo much money if you don't have anytime to answer my questions???"
I can't believe her. I just got home from work with a big headache. OMG, please God.
She also mentioned something about squirity check, which she said, if embassy put the file on the sequrity check we can't do anything and it might take 1 to 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!! What is sequrity check???
I lost my mind today. I can't...................

LELLO

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2011
Doc's Request.
09-18-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-18-2012
Med's Done....
09-25-2012
Interview........
02-14-2013
Passport Req..
02-14-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-14-2013
I never heard of a security check before. Its new to me. But take it easy, lawyers are nothing but headache. My lawyer got his money the day he sent my papers and now everytime I e-mail him...you should see how he replies. »It`s like telling me just be patient and get off my back and the way he writes its like yelling at me... those bastards....

O

Ottawa_2010

Lello,

This is why i decided to leave mid march if i do not hear anything.

2 things i cannot compromise with.

1. Dignity, which was clearly insulted by the system here.

2. Double standards and hypocrisy.

On CIC website, they show you how welcoming this country is and how easy life can be. My life here has been a nightmare living away from my wife. Thank god i do not have kids at the moment.

I have a very good Job here and it is with the same company i worked for in Dubai. So my point is that its not the job or the opportunity, its the system.

Stats Canada issued a report 2 weeks ago that said Canada's growth was driven by immigrants. So despite our contribution to the economy we are still treated disrespectfully.

I was not brought up like this.

When i see my wife cry, i think to hell with this system. i am outta here.

LELLO

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2011
Doc's Request.
09-18-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-18-2012
Med's Done....
09-25-2012
Interview........
02-14-2013
Passport Req..
02-14-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-14-2013
::) yeaaaaaah I know thats sucks. They say it`s driven by immigrants, yet I find this place the most discriminating place to ever live in. I work for a very well known Company that is a nationally widespread and beleive me I will never be up there, simply because i am an immigrant. They will not tell you that, but you sure see it among the rest.

hamedch10

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa_2010 said:
Just to explain to u guys how useless CIC is. I paid the right of permanent residence fee online at the beginning of January. and sent them the receipt. I called today to check if it shows on the system that the payment is received. Guess what the answer was, Not yet. A month and a half and the payment is not received. I paid it online, the whole point of doing things online is to make it faster!!!!!

I swear to god i have never seen a country like this before. They do not have a system. Far worse the the 3rd world.

My question, what is the point of making a payment online if you have to send the receipt by mail anyway?

Everyday i get convinced more that its not worth living here. All the time time we waited just to live here and be part of such system.
The doors are always open for you. You can leave this country whenever you want and never come back again. I dont understand if "it's not worth living here" ,why are you sponsoring your spouse ? You can withdraw your application at any stage before visa issuance . No one is forcing you to stay in Canada.

Besides, everyone knows that making the whole payment at the beginning of process makes sponsorship process faster. you DID NOT PAY. So don't expect miracle !!

Your post insults me and I guess others here in this Forum and Please stop posting irrelevant topics here !!

O

Ottawa_2010

hamedch10 said:
The doors are always open for you. You can leave this country whenever you want and never come back again. I dont understand if "it's not worth living here" ,why are you sponsoring your spouse ? You can withdraw your application at any stage before visa issuance . No one is forcing you to stay in Canada.

Besides, everyone knows that making the whole payment at the beginning of process makes sponsorship process faster. you DID NOT PAY. So don't expect miracle !!

Your post insults me and I guess others here in this Forum and Please stop posting irrelevant topics here !!
Buddy,

I chose to come here and bring my wife along because of the lies i read about Canada. And if knew that the system was prehistoric and ancient like that i would never have done it.

I do not mean to insult anyone here, if that's how you feel then its your problem, its a free country isn't it? :) I can share my opinion the way i like. If it bothers you then feel free to ignore it and not read it.

It is my right to put respect above anything else.

Keep your advice to your self please.

Thanks

LELLO

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2011
Doc's Request.
09-18-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-18-2012
Med's Done....
09-25-2012
Interview........
02-14-2013
Passport Req..
02-14-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-14-2013
:) LET`S all be +++++++

I know it is so hard to wait for this long process...I know some people have waited for over 15 months. Let`s all be thankfull to be healthy and pray that March would be good news for all of us. I know some of us are depressed and some are just going with the flow....take a deep breath and nshallah ya rabb everything will be worth the wait.

hamedch10

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa_2010 said:
Buddy,

I chose to come here and bring my wife along because of the lies i read about Canada. And if knew that the system was prehistoric and ancient like that i would never have done it.

I do not mean to insult anyone here, if that's how you feel then its your problem, its a free country isn't it? :) I can share my opinion the way i like. If it bothers you then feel free to ignore it and not read it.

It is my right to put respect above anything else.

Keep your advice to your self please.

Thanks
See the topic of this forum: " FAMILY CLASS SPONSORSHIP". There are other forums discussing situation, discriminations, corruptions, etc in Canada. You can share your opinion with them. WE ALL ARE HERE TO DISCUSS ABOUT THE PROCESS. not anything else.

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
Thank you vivi n Arezou for clearing up. As far as we received the letter with UCI as well as a number starting with F, I believe what vivi jun stated applies to my case and my application is resting in Canada ;)
Btw, I will try to contact CIC and Ankara to make sure. Again thanx for the helpful piece of information. I am so lucky to have you around! :-*

N

Nenan

:(
is Canada worthless? so why I leave Iraq if Canada worthless?
Iraq is miss,not safe, underdeveloped in all aspects of life except killing and murder by dozen :( the choices are limited for us :-\
but I don't like the way the CIC treat us,its not related to origin of immigrant cause the Indian and chines are immigrants too and get visa within 5 months,it related to our religion :-X our geographic area we lived in which is hot spot in politic and events,we have to consider that when we analyse our situation.
I don't think the lawyer is good for the process of family sponsor,you think when you hired him that he will fix every thing and Speeds up the process and you will updated every tiny action in your file but actually he is just like you only the difference is: his career name is layer and your is not.
in CIC they wrote no need to layer and he won't Speeds up the process but only he represent you if the VO need paper which simply you can offer it by your self without his mention or help like redo medical exam or any thing else.
my sister says the layers in Canada should change there names from lawyer to deceptive because that what they are good in :p .
sorry for the good honest lawyers ::) who do good job
R and A you should fire this lawyer she has no right to treat you like that,I am a doctor and I know people want to ask and ask and I answer their question and assure their fear and anxious and the lawyer is like the doctor,you trust her and you put your life between her hand and she should be patience with your worry and help her :mad: I hate your lawyer :mad: :mad: :mad: