File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nath18 said:
hi everyone no ppr today???
come on i'm sure soe got it but is probably too busy celebrating :pp come on! bring on the good news members!:)
It seems that today was one of those dry days! :'(

missbou

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
nath18 said:
hi everyone no ppr today???
come on i'm sure soe got it but is probably too busy celebrating :pp come on! bring on the good news members!:)
nathhhh love the optimism ;) im sure someone got it today (outside forum which is still good news)
yalla tomorrow is another day lets hope one of us in here gets it !!!

athab

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
ontario
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 01 2011
File Transfer...
o7 o2 2011
i got a letter from cic today sayingbased on information received from the visa office,we have again reveiwedyour application and recommended to vo that eligibilty have not been met financely(i am not working).but continued with process regardless of ineliguibilty.your relative is entitled to submit an application for pr however a final decision regarding their application shall be made by the visa officer and will be communicated to you and you have the right to appeal.what dous it mean??is there a chance?what will happen next?

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
missbou said:
nathhhh love the optimism ;) im sure someone got it today (outside forum which is still good news)
yalla tomorrow is another day lets hope one of us in here gets it !!!
thanks dear :) i'm sure they r giving a lot of PPR

athab

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
ontario
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 01 2011
File Transfer...
o7 o2 2011
how long is final decsion?its been 10 months i dont care anymore.just say yes or no

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
athab said:
how long is final decision?its been 10 months i dont care anymore.just say yes or no
So you are the sponsor and you are not working?? Is this change recent, were u working from before ( whenu first sent ur PR sponsorship application?) I thought there is no minimum financial requirement!?!?

musab

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2011
AOR Received.
17-3-2011
File Transfer...
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
first 22-12-2010... second 3-1.2012
Interview........
7 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24 Oct 2012
LANDED..........
16 Nov 2012
hi guys hope the waiting game ends for all of us soon, i have a question my file been in damascus for 8 months and one week my medical expire at 22th of Dec, do you advice me to redo it now or just wait a little longer???? ??? ??? ???

missbou

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
athab said:
how long is final decsion?its been 10 months i dont care anymore.just say yes or no
athab are u a student? were u working at the time u sent ur papers? have u tried to call or contact damascus for an update? maybe this waiting time is a good sign and they are going to look past the not working and the fact that u are married and so u have the right to be here with ur spouse...

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
athab said:
i got a letter from cic today sayingbased on information received from the visa office,we have again reveiwedyour application and recommended to vo that eligibilty have not been met financely(i am not working).but continued with process regardless of ineliguibilty.your relative is entitled to submit an application for pr however a final decision regarding their application shall be made by the visa officer and will be communicated to you and you have the right to appeal.what dous it mean??is there a chance?what will happen next?
Have you provided proof that financially you can support your spouse?It can be your bank account or any assets you or your spouse has.So why they keep telling that we dont have to have minimum income!I have resigned .oh my God! ???

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
souhait said:
Have you provided proof that financially you can support your spouse?It can be your bank account or any assets you or your spouse has.So why they keep telling that we dont have to have minimum income!I have resigned .oh my God! ???
So you quit your job? I don't think it matters, I believe you just have to show them that you are/ will be able to support you and your spouse ....I am thinking of resigning from my job soon as well, even during the PR process... I hope its not a bad decision :( omggg

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tina85 said:
So you quit your job? I don't think it matters, I believe you just have to show them that you are/ will be able to support you and your spouse ....I am thinking of resigning from my job soon as well, even during the PR process... I hope its not a bad decision :( omggg
yes ,It is been 5 months and I am looking for a job .well I was not satisfied with the salary!OMG.
I really did not know that it can affects our process. So maybe you should not quit your job till the end of the process.
But I have included assets that we have,but how can they assess how much is ok and how much is not!
I am so worried.Wish they just tell these things much more faster so we can decide if we want to continue or not.I am fed up.

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
souhait said:
yes ,It is been 5 months and I am looking for a job .well I was not satisfied with the salary!OMG.
I really did not know that it can affects our process. So maybe you should not quit your job till the end of the process.
But I have included assets that we have,but how can they assess how much is ok and how much is not!
I am so worried.Wish they just tell these things much more faster so we can decide if we want to continue or not.I am fed up.
Honestly I would not worry about it...because I have so many friends that applied while they were students with no jobs or the ones that did worked part time and the salary was very low,,, as long as they seen that u "were" working and you are capable in the future to support your spouse you should be ok...Try calling those idiots in CIC and see what they have to say ....they frustrate me wowwwwwwwwwww...Best of luck my dear, relax dont worry everything will work out trust me.....Did they email you saying they required any additional documents for your file to continue processing.??

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dera tina, thanks dear for your post.I have also seen people without jobs who have sponsored their spouses. It is more than 6 months that damascus has received our file.My husband emailed them about 10 days ago to ask about an update and still no response.They have not contacted us to ask for any documents.And on CIC it is still "application received".And it is been said that cic is not reliable. :( I am just thinking why they have told athab that.One can lose job and get employed again! maybe as u said having been employed is what that matters.Hope we all hear good news and hope this process ends for you very soon dear.

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Athab,
This is a section from a recent case that has been refused based on financial reasons:
"The refusal letter cites section 39 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) as the ground of refusal:
39. Financial Reasons — A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made"
I think you should find a job quickly or have money in your bank account becuase it looks like your application can be refused based on financial ability.
I hope I am wrong but you might want to consult some one who is more experienced but based on refused cases your application can be refused intially and if you appeal and still did not prove you can financially support yourself and your spouse the appeal can be dismissed as well
Are you a student ? did you have a job in the past?

athab said:

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is also what a VO asked us to provide in July:

-Evidence shows that your sponsor can financially Support you and himself:

-Bank statements from Canadian bank accounts including daily transactions for the past three months.

-Pay stubs from his current employment for the last three months.

- Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada for the year 2010

-Any other proof that he may deem pertinent.

Please note that legal and official documents (e.g. bank statements or government documents) will carry more weight than informal declarations.

I hope this will be helpful