Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 01 2011
File Transfer...
o7 o2 2011
no im not a student but a mother of 5 kidsand im 33 years old but i never worked and didnt have to because my husband was still suppporting us even in canada.i called cic and explained that i couldnt work and that he has a job waiting for him if he comes and he fully understood and said the last decision is the visa officer that has his case in damascus,just wait and see when they call him what they say and if he has an interview he could show them bank statements for himself

E

Erina

Somebody please help me :( :( :(

I just filled the forms for Notice of Assessment but I was just informed that it's gonna take 3 monthsssss to issue it. Can I possibly send every other documents along with my sponsorship application, and then send this Notice of Assessment after I receive it? or do I have to wait 3 months :((((((((((((? I have everything ready, and I was planning to send them all out this week :( what should I do?????

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
File in Damascus May 13 2011
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
guys for sponsorship of SPOUSE there is no financial requirement i asked my lawyer and its even written n the documents its for visit visa ure responsible not spouse and income taxes are not required its all in the documents what is evrybody talking about u guys are making life harder on yourself . if u take SOCIAL assistance you WILL BE REFUSED to sponsor u cannot sponsor if ure getting money from the government but if ure spporting urself wether its a low income job or money u have saved or anything its fine ..its wefare ure not entitled too thats it . get informed through cic and lawyers dont just read anything and beleive it.

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Allah yekhalelek eyahom. That sounds good, I am assuming you did include a proof about the job offer in your application !
inshalla every thing will be ok

Good luck

athab said:
no im not a student but a mother of 5 kidsand im 33 years old but i never worked and didnt have to because my husband was still suppporting us even in canada.i called cic and explained that i couldnt work and that he has a job waiting for him if he comes and he fully understood and said the last decision is the visa officer that has his case in damascus,just wait and see when they call him what they say and if he has an interview he could show them bank statements for himself

athab

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
ontario
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 01 2011
File Transfer...
o7 o2 2011
my husband was an officer in the lebanese army and now is retired(43)so hes financaly good not me.his cousin was the same no job through the whole process and after 16 months got visa.i think its like they show you were working and wait with these letters they send

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ramz,
What i quoted
"39. Financial Reasons — A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made."
is a case that was presented in court with lawyers and judges
"Wu v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2011 CanLII 56507 (IRB) — 2011-01-07
Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada — Canada (Federal)"
"http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/index.html" search financial eligibility.

You are right it says other than social assistance.
If any one is interested they can read cases in details.
I myself would rather overthink and analyse and understand details rather than ignoring demands from a visa officer.

Ramz27 said:
guys for sponsorship of SPOUSE there is no financial requirement i asked my lawyer and its even written n the documents its for visit visa ure responsible not spouse and income taxes are not required its all in the documents what is evrybody talking about u guys are making life harder on yourself . if u take SOCIAL assistance you WILL BE REFUSED to sponsor u cannot sponsor if ure getting money from the government but if ure spporting urself wether its a low income job or money u have saved or anything its fine ..its wefare ure not entitled too thats it . get informed through cic and lawyers dont just read anything and beleive it.

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Erina,
You might want to call CIC and ask them. As you know, your application is going to be intially evaluated in Canada and if the notice of assessment is a must at that point they will return your application to you.
Since the time to send and recieve the initial assesment fromn CIC mississauga is less than 3 months, I would send it. in my opinion you'll not loose anything!

Erina said:

I just filled the forms for Notice of Assessment but I was just informed that it's gonna take 3 monthsssss to issue it. Can I possibly send every other documents along with my sponsorship application, and then send this Notice of Assessment after I receive it? or do I have to wait 3 months :((((((((((((? I have everything ready, and I was planning to send them all out this week :( what should I do?????

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Erina said:

dear Erina,no you dont have to wait for that as somewhere in the guide it is written if you dont have it explain the reason.I did the same thing.But then you may apply for it just in case they ask for it.Hope it helps.

hamedch10

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
athab said:
Hi Athab,

I guess you have been refused in first stage (Mississauga) . They send PR application to VO anyway. SPONSERING SPOUSE does not require financial proof . Unless you are being supported by Government.

E

Erina

Thanks Alchemist and Souhait. I posted the forms today. So I'll send my application and documents, hopefully it won't make any trouble. :(

hamedch10

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alchemist2929 said:
Ramz,
What i quoted
"39. Financial Reasons — A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made."
is a case that was presented in court with lawyers and judges
"Wu v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2011 CanLII 56507 (IRB) — 2011-01-07
Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada — Canada (Federal)"

You are right it says other than social assistance.
If any one is interested they can read cases in details.
I myself would rather overthink and analyse and understand details rather than ignoring demands from a visa officer.
Dear Alchemist2929,

Are you sure this is Spousal Sponsorship Case ? As I know There is financial requirement for other sponsorship application (Parents, Grand parents, Dependent Childern).

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Erina ,in the document checklist related to the sponsor, part17 (page2 of 2) it is written if you dont provide Option C printout, provide an explanation on a seprate sheet of paper.

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you know what?I am just saying if they wanted to refuse her ,they should have done it in the first place I mean in the sponsorship assessment not after 10 months in damascus.Anyway I cant find athab in the chart.

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it's you can check yourself. I did not read in detail though.. And there is other cases just search financial+eligibility and check if it's a spousal sponsorship case.
But I agree with Ramz if you are not on social insurance and have enough income(bank account, etc..) to live off ,that would be enough. I myself was never on social assistance but they asked for the documents a posted in one of the previous posts!
Why this particular case was refused I did not read the details but it's a spousal sponsorship case

hamedch10 said:
Dear Alchemist2929,

Are you sure this is Spousal Sponsorship Case ? As I know There is financial requirement for other sponsorship application (Parents, Grand parents, Dependent Childern).

missbou

Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
well that was quite an interesting read.. athab i hope everything works out for u!! how can they refuse ur husband who has been supporting his family here??!!! that is insane and in no way acceptable what so ever !!!

alchemist u were very informative along with ramz..

Erina good luck and im sure u will be able to submit ur notice of assessment once u receive it but did u ask CIC about this and what u shud do?