01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
yeh they asked for some docs and i sent them in about 1.5 month ago and i was told they were waiting on the background checks outcome and its been about 1.5 month since they have started the background checks., they have received the other docs aswell ....btw has anyone looked at the cic website where ankara is now 15 month for processing of spousal cases...
holyyyyyy f.k, ur right. oh my f.k god. now what? i was so optimistic my application is almost done :(

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
yeh they asked for some docs and i sent them in about 1.5 month ago and i was told they were waiting on the background checks outcome and its been about 1.5 month since they have started the background checks., they have received the other docs aswell ....btw has anyone looked at the cic website where ankara is now 15 month for processing of spousal cases...
God damn it, as far as i remember the negative side of the changes happened to me. now that i was happy that we are almost done, i have to suffer for this god damn immigration rules and policies. :( . this news ruined my day

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
omg, im so sorry but trust that everything happens for a good reason, you should never trust the cic website and their stupid processing times...look at me i have been waiting for 18 month 2 weeks and back when i filed my app it said 8 month....we cannt do anything but sit and just wait for that day where we may or may not get our pprs till then have faith in god and pray for this nightmare to end for all us....

hbehmane said:
God damn it, as far as i remember the negative side of the changes happened to me. now that i was happy that we are almost done, i have to suffer for this god damn immigration rules and policies. :( . this news ruined my day

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
omg, im so sorry but trust that everything happens for a good reason, you should never trust the cic website and their stupid processing times...look at me i have been waiting for 18 month 2 weeks and back when i filed my app it said 8 month....we cannt do anything but sit and just wait for that day where we may or may not get our pprs till then have faith in god and pray for this nightmare to end for all us....
ya ur right, there is not much we can do but wait and pray

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Dear Friends , be cool, In my opinion this is statistical number only if you read between the Last years to this June, this number was six before, and you know most files have already one years take time, then nothing changed , keep you power and seat your belt. There is no new news. if they say again 6 month it should be wrong because if you review our chart you can see most cases during the time period that mentioned in the website is around 15 month. Then we should still have hope.

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
mediGOL said:
Dear Friends , be cool, In my opinion this is statistical number only if you read between the Last years to this June, this number was six before, and you know most files have already one years take time, then nothing changed , keep you power and seat your belt. There is no new news. if they say again 6 month it should be wrong because if you review our chart you can see most cases during the time period that mentioned in the website is around 15 month. Then we should still have hope.
mediGol, the processing time starts from the time that the application filed which in my case would be Sep26,2011 or from the time that application was sent to overseas VO? i was thinking it should be from the time that the application is filed. is it true?

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
hbehmane said:
mediGol, the processing time starts from the time that we application filed which in my case would be Sep26,2011 or from the time that application was sent to overseas VO? i was thinking it should be from the opening of application filed. is it true?
hbehmane jan, it seems we need to get used their moody approach :(
The processing time starts when you receive the sponsorship approval letter from CIC stating your file is sent to V.O. (which in our cases it never was)!!!

I feel kinda despondent, I d been so optimistic that we might be luckily done in 10-11 months(the trend that Ankara had recently)...Now this 15 is a new nightmare!!! ???

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
mediGOL said:
Also according to CIC website "the times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between July 1, 2011, and June 30, 2012."
And we all are fully aware of what happened to files during this disastrous period!
My only worry is that by explicitly stating such a long period on CIC website, Ankara might happily slow down its pace... :-\

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
This time line is based on the july 1 2011 to june 30 2012 , and the 15 month is correct , if you go to our chart it shows around 14 month, but is does not show for us it takes 15 month, we have chart if you see the our chart is says that during the last month all the guys got the visa after 12 month , then this number should not make us disppointed because this is not new, if it says from now till future then yes but it says only what happend before, for example this number was 6 before but any body of us does not get the visa for 6 month because this number was from jan1 2011 till december 2011, Then My idea is there is no new thing happen.
Hbehmane, be cool do not worry and keep praying , I will pray as well .
We have chart and we are monitoring the speed, then we trust to our data base.

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
Raha said:
hbehmane jan, it seems we need to get used their moody approach :(
The processing time starts when you receive the sponsorship approval letter from CIC stating your file is sent to V.O. (which in our cases it never was)!!!

I feel kinda despondent, I d been so optimistic that we might be luckily done in 10-11 months(the trend that Ankara had recently)...Now this 15 is a new nightmare!!! ???
oh my god, dear Raha if i calculate it right, i got my approval in late november and based on this new time line my wife get her ppr by next march. is it true? i mean this is just assumption and it could be earlier.

mashti

Aug 21, 2012
Hello all,

I just joined this forum only to give you some info on the process specially in Ankara. I have read the postings in the last couple of months but because I see several people who are worried about their application so I decided to add this post. Hopefully it can be helpful:

I sponsored my wife late 2010 (Iranian) and our file was transferred to Syria in Feb 2011. We got the PPR last week. Even though it took so long but we were not worried as we are living together in a 3rd country almost since got married because I'm on an international assignment. Our file was a bit complex due to my work situation but it got sorted out by the help of CIC office in Ankara. I have lived in 4 countries (including Iran) and have traveled to many others (I have Iranian passport), but to be honest I found the officers in Ankara as the most understanding and helpful people I have ever dealt with in any embassy. So be patient. If you are as lucky as we were with the officer, then you are in good hands. Although dont forget the power of pray and helping others so god will help you in return.

Few points to clarify:
- Police clearance is different than background check. PC is about the crimes one may has committed in the countries he/she lived and you get the confirmation by doing finger print and so on. This being done by you. They dont need it again unless they ask for it due to expiry. In Iran as you know this is "adam sooe pishine". Back Check is about whether the applicant is any danger to Canada and that look in to see if your name shows up in any of agencies that are alliance with Canada. This usually takes about 1-3 months, depending on many things including if your name is a common name. I used to remember the agency that does this checks on behalf of CIC but can't remember it now.

- Immigration department and visa department are different, so student visa workload does not effect immigration files. As per our officer the main reason for delay in Ankara is that since Syria embassy was closed and that was a major hub so Ankara had to expand their immigration department and hire and train more officers. The officers in visa and immig dept do not deal with each other cases.

- How long it takes to receive PPR after file in process: This depends on many things: if back check is done, if medical needs to be redone and results received, payments are done, no missing doc and so on. So when an officer works on a file and if everything is fine then he/she approves file and it goes to the line for final review and approval by senior immig officer. So it depends when he/she gets to your file. Kind of your luck!! Then it goes back to the officer to email you the PPR. Obviously if anything is missing then that delays the process and officer has to pick it up again once your turn comes up. In our case we received the PPR the same day as new medical received showed in ecas.

- Although embassy may not reply to your emails, they will not ignore them and will keep them in your file. So if you need to contact them and have a genuine problem (you have to be in Canada before a specific date) then it would not hurt to send them email, but pls do not spam their inbox just because you miss your love one as this may ruin it for others too.

- Requesting CAIPS notes does not delay the processing of your application. If you think it gives you peace of mind then go ahead and order them. But if your file is not in process yet you wont get useful info out of it. If in process then you may get the PPR sooner than the CAIPS :)

- After PPR embassy must receive your passport in 30 days. If you are in Iran you have to go in person or authorized someone else to go. If Iranian and out of Iran you can also mail the passport. The visa is valid until the date your medical is valid or your passport expiry date, whichever comes first.

I tried to answer some of concerns I remember from reading the posts. If you have any more question pls let me know. I'll stay member for few days, before closing this account.

One friendly request from all. If you are not sure about something dont share that thought with others as a fact. It just cause them more stress.

Do your best, Stay positive, pray and help others. This gets you everywhere.The PPR will come eventually. Canada is a great place to live in but dont have very high expectation. Try to be realistic. You dont want to be disappointed after all this efforts. Have a measurable goal before going there so after few years you can gauge yourself against your goals so you will have a reason to stay and enjoy this great country. Otherwise if you are going there for another color of sky then everywhere except Tehran :), the sky is same color and it is blue.

Regards
Ya Ali

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
hbehmane said:
oh my god, dear Raha if i calculate it right, i got my approval in late november and based on this new time line my wife get her ppr by next march. is it true? i mean this is just assumption and it could be earlier.
Na baba!
Our time line is close to each other... Right now we are in our 8th month of processing... I m sure you get it in October... No doubt! :)

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
thunx for the info...one friendly question, do you work for immigration? i hve been waiting for 18 month 2 weeks and just recently they started working on background checks and all they say is wait and wait, im surprised on how you say they are helpful, they dont even bother replying back to emails after 18 month, whats so helpful about them ????... they are just a bunch of heartless humans, and i pray to god that they suffer as much as these people have suffered! but thunx for ur info...

.....quote author=mashti link=topic=51197.msg1697807#msg1697807 date=1345570887]
Hello all,

I just joined this forum only to give you some info on the process specially in Ankara. I have read the postings in the last couple of months but because I see several people who are worried about their application so I decided to add this post. Hopefully it can be helpful:

I sponsored my wife late 2010 (Iranian) and our file was transferred to Syria in Feb 2011. We got the PPR last week. Even though it took so long but we were not worried as we are living together in a 3rd country almost since got married because I'm on an international assignment. Our file was a bit complex due to my work situation but it got sorted out by the help of CIC office in Ankara. I have lived in 4 countries (including Iran) and have traveled to many others (I have Iranian passport), but to be honest I found the officers in Ankara as the most understanding and helpful people I have ever dealt with in any embassy. So be patient. If you are as lucky as we were with the officer, then you are in good hands. Although dont forget the power of pray and helping others so god will help you in return.

Few points to clarify:
- Police clearance is different than background check. PC is about the crimes one may has committed in the countries he/she lived and you get the confirmation by doing finger print and so on. This being done by you. They dont need it again unless they ask for it due to expiry. In Iran as you know this is "adam sooe pishine". Back Check is about whether the applicant is any danger to Canada and that look in to see if your name shows up in any of agencies that are alliance with Canada. This usually takes about 1-3 months, depending on many things including if your name is a common name. I used to remember the agency that does this checks on behalf of CIC but can't remember it now.

- Immigration department and visa department are different, so student visa workload does not effect immigration files. As per our officer the main reason for delay in Ankara is that since Syria embassy was closed and that was a major hub so Ankara had to expand their immigration department and hire and train more officers. The officers in visa and immig dept do not deal with each other cases.

- How long it takes to receive PPR after file in process: This depends on many things: if back check is done, if medical needs to be redone and results received, payments are done, no missing doc and so on. So when an officer works on a file and if everything is fine then he/she approves file and it goes to the line for final review and approval by senior immig officer. So it depends when he/she gets to your file. Kind of your luck!! Then it goes back to the officer to email you the PPR. Obviously if anything is missing then that delays the process and officer has to pick it up again once your turn comes up. In our case we received the PPR the same day as new medical received showed in ecas.

- Although embassy may not reply to your emails, they will not ignore them and will keep them in your file. So if you need to contact them and have a genuine problem (you have to be in Canada before a specific date) then it would not hurt to send them email, but pls do not spam their inbox just because you miss your love one as this may ruin it for others too.

- Requesting CAIPS notes does not delay the processing of your application. If you think it gives you peace of mind then go ahead and order them. But if your file is not in process yet you wont get useful info out of it. If in process then you may get the PPR sooner than the CAIPS :)

- After PPR embassy must receive your passport in 30 days. If you are in Iran you have to go in person or authorized someone else to go. If Iranian and out of Iran you can also mail the passport. The visa is valid until the date your medical is valid or your passport expiry date, whichever comes first.

I tried to answer some of concerns I remember from reading the posts. If you have any more question pls let me know. I'll stay member for few days, before closing this account.

One friendly request from all. If you are not sure about something dont share that thought with others as a fact. It just cause them more stress.

Do your best, Stay positive, pray and help others. This gets you everywhere.The PPR will come eventually. Canada is a great place to live in but dont have very high expectation. Try to be realistic. You dont want to be disappointed after all this efforts. Have a measurable goal before going there so after few years you can gauge yourself against your goals so you will have a reason to stay and enjoy this great country. Otherwise if you are going there for another color of sky then everywhere except Tehran :), the sky is same color and it is blue.

Regards
Ya Ali

[/quote]

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
mashti said:
Hello all,

Few points to clarify:

Regards
Ya Ali
mer30 mashti from useful info, idk im sad 2day because of this new news of longer processing time from 7 to 15 months. i was thinking to apply for visitor visa 4 my wife but then again i said 4get it