Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
SnB2011 said:
Hi,

My wife has received PPR and send her pass around 8 weeks ago(to Ankara visa Canadian embassy in Tehran), we did not hear any news and now I don't know how we can have her passport back. I emailed the Ankara office twice, called them several times, but they don't answer. Before, we were planning to live in Canada, but now my wife cannot even leave iran, because they have her passport.
Bad luck in the middle of a good luck!
Talk to ur mp and see if he can follow it up for u. Having said that, I think they've predicted all the consequences of closure of Tehran visa office and they'll take the necessary steps.

samira12

Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
[url=http://www.picturesanimations.com/kitty][img]http://www.picturesanimations.com/k/kitty/i116113304_60672.gif[/img][/url]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
at first
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011 &02-05-2012
Passport Req..
8June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12June 2012
LANDED..........
24 July 2012
who knows "why the visa section of embassy in tehran is closed." :eek:

dirtypolitics

Apr 16, 2012
samira12 said:

Here is my analysis as an Iranian.

Islamic Republic of Iran's government has been abusing Iranians since 1978. Since then:

• some brave and courageous Iranians have stood up and fought for their values. Some were murdered and some are in jails and some...
  • some (like me) gave up and left the country for USA, EU, Canada, etc.

Having said that, the majority of Iranian community in Canada are selfish and only care about their own immediate needs. For example, after so many years, with more than 200,000 people in Toronto, 100,000 people in Vancouver and so on. We have only one representative in Toronto.

We don't vote and we don't support other fellow Iranians.

Canadian conservative government started introducing new unfair rules gradually. They carefully evaluated feedback before moving to the next step.

Here is a summary to refresh your mind:

- in 2008, they introduced a new PR process and stopped providing service to those applied since 2003. To feel the unfairness better here is any example. Those applied in 2008 got their visa in the same year, while those applied 5 years earlier still in the queue.
This just impacted Iranians outside of Canada who had not voting power. This did not impact Iranians in Canada so we simply ignored it.

- in 2010, they introduced a new law and stopped issuing visa for parents sponsorship. Many Chinese and Indian and other communities protested so the government backed up a little bit and provided 5 years temp visa for parents. Iranians did not care much, because it effected only a portion of them. One might say if Iranians had the protest power would not leave their own country at first place!

- in 2011, they slowed down the spouse sponsorship processing times for middle eastern applicants. Again Iranian community did not care.

- in 2012, they closed Canadian Embassy in Tehran which effects mostly:

1) students
2) parents of Canadian citizens.
3) brothers and sisters of Canadian citizens.
4) tourists

Because it will be required to travel to Turkey one or more times to obtain their visa.

and if Iranian community stays like this:

in 2013, Visa fees for Iranians will be doubled.

in 2014, Iranians will not be able to move from one province to another without permission.

in 2015, Iranians will not be allowed to enter certain locations. (similar to what is happening to Afghanis in Iran)

in 2016, Iranians need to get clearance from the government of canada every 2 years.

etc....

samira12

Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
[url=http://www.picturesanimations.com/kitty][img]http://www.picturesanimations.com/k/kitty/i116113304_60672.gif[/img][/url]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
at first
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011 &02-05-2012
Passport Req..
8June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12June 2012
LANDED..........
24 July 2012
dirtypolitics said:

Islamic Republic of Iran's government has been abusing Iranians since 1978. Since then:

• some brave and courageous Iranians have stood up and fought for their values. Some were murders and some are in jails, and some are

Having said that, the majority of Iranian community in Canada are selfish and only care about their own immediate needs. For example, after so many years, with more than 200,000 people in Toronto, 100,000 people in Vancouver and so on. We have only one representative in Toronto.

Canadian conservative government started introducing new unfair rules gradually. They carefully evaluated feedback before moving to the next step.

- in 2008, they introduced a new PR process and stopped providing service to those applied since 2003. To feel the unfairness better here is any example. Those applied in 2008 got their visa in the same year, while those applied 5 years earlier still in the queue.
This just impacted Iranians outside of Canada who had not voting power. This did not impact Iranians in Canada so we simply ignored it.

- in 2010, they introduced a new law and stopped issuing visa for parents sponsorship. Many Chinese and Indian and other communities protested so the government backed up a little bit and provided 5 years temp visa for parents. Iranians did not care much, because it effected only a portion of them. One might say if Iranians had the protest power would not leave their own country at first place!

- in 2011, they slowed down the spouse sponsorship processing times for middle eastern applicants. Again Iranian community did not care.

1) students
4) tourists

Because it will be required to travel to Turkey one or more times to obtain their visa.

in 2014, Iranians will not be able to move from one province to another without permission.

in 2015, Iranians will not be allowed to enter certain locations. (similar to what is happening to Afghanis in Iran)

in 2016, Iranians need to get clearance from the government of canada every 2 years.

etc....
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!
please be optimistic dear friend

N

Nenan

samira12 said:
let us interpreter this action in simple positive way ;)
may be they do that to shrink the number of Staff that belong to CIC and scattered in different countries to collect them in certain visa offices (like regional Ankara VO) to work on files and increase the effort and the focus on the files to speed up the accomplishment of work :)

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
Nenan said:
let interpreter this in simple positive way ;)
may be they they do that to shrink the number of Staff that belong to CIC and scattered in different countries to collect them in certain visa offices (like regional Ankara VO) work on files to increase the effort and the focus on the files to speed up the accomplishment of work :)
I'm going with your analysis Nenan:) +1 for u;)

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
Nenan said:
let us interpreter this action in simple positive way ;)
may be they do that to shrink the number of Staff that belong to CIC and scattered in different countries to collect them in certain visa offices (like regional Ankara VO) to work on files and increase the effort and the focus on the files to speed up the accomplishment of work :)
Yeah.. Good job
I want to think like you

N

Nenan

A+M said:
I'm going with your analysis Nenan:) +1 for u;)
;) Iranian friends please keep your spirit high :p don't be pessimistic ,you have the fastest visa office :-*

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
dirtypolitics said:

• some brave and courageous Iranians have stood up and fought for their values. Some were murdered and some are in jails and some...

1) students
4) tourists

etc....
Lol! Exaggerating but true to some extent.
Actually I did a simple research to understand why the visa office got closed and the result showed me that it's a part of 2012 budget plan. Canada is supposed to save around $180M in 2 years and they closed their visa section in Tehran to reduce the overhead.....no doubt that the cost cutting is only the cover and the battered political relationship with Iran is playing the most important role here.

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
siavashf said:
Lol! Exaggerating but true to some extent.
Actually I did a simple research to understand why the visa office got closed and the result showed me that it's a part of 2012 budget plan. Canada is supposed to save around $180M in 2 years and they closed their visa section in Tehran to reduce the overhead.....no doubt that the cost cutting is only the cover and the battered political relationship with Iran is playing the most important role here.
And the poltics for the government of Iran and they have nothing against people of Iran.

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
And friends let's be honest here and educate ourselves. Whatever is happening against Iran or any other country is directly affecting the people of that country. People are just numbers for these politicians, they don't care, as long as they get their oil here safely and sell their weapons they are happy. No politicians in the world worry for the people of their country or other countries.

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Whoever thinks the West is not against Iranians should take a look at the following link, just a reminder that it was the Western countries who fully supported Iraq and gave them these weapons. Yet, we have not raised concerns and we have not took these countries to the court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/persian/iran/2012/04/120429_l21_chemichal_war_iraq_iran_bomb.shtml

dirtypolitics

Apr 16, 2012
AliAria said:
DirtyPolitics, I strongly agree with you on some grounds.
Thanks Ali.

Just on a positive note, just listened to Kasra Nejati (Canadian Immigration Spokesperson) interview with BBC Persian. He mentioned that (I hope he is honest) the only difference is that the visa application and issuance will be done by the internet and carriers. The BBC host asked if the applicants would have to go to Turkey in person. He replied that in most cases "No".

In fact, if they don't force Iranians to go to Turkey, it's a good thing. They may have a person in Tehran for f-2-f interviews if necessary. Then I would take back all my negative judgement and apologize. But i will still continue to fight against Conservative governments around the world! :)

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
so if the embassy in tehran is closed will that affect us at all?