Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
shanmba1174 said:
Hope you get your COPR soon... It's high time for you. CIC sucks big time.

I have a question, since my medical got expired by June 15,2013, Do you they might have extended or going to request a new one ? Can I go ahead and do a medical ?
I would say no, because you've received your PPR, and that would have been the time for them to ask for more documents, including medicals.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
shanmba1174 said:
Hope you get your COPR soon... It's high time for you. CIC sucks big time.

I have a question, since my medical got expired by June 15,2013, Do you they might have extended or going to request a new one ? Can I go ahead and do a medical ?
Doubtful they will ask for a new one. It's if the COPR is ready to be issued more than 15 months since the medical they will ask for a new medical...... I think. The rule is that or something close.

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi There - For sponsoring JUST my kid (3 years old) living with me in canada (who is a US citizen) ..... how much time it would approx. take for the second/ final processing in the OTTAWA processing centre.

Basically, I have got my son's canadian PR sponsorship application approval done with the mississauga office and it is now transferred to the ottawa office for the visa office approval. what is the time period expected for this second approval and further process ?

Also, can someone please add myself to the excel sheet so that i can also access that ?

My Details as below:
Family Class application/ sponsorship - Only my Son (3 years old) : Applied to mississauga office on May 10th .... got the sponsorship approved on June 10th and also the file is now transferred to ottawa for final visa office processing/ approval.

Please help by sharing the excel sheet and the information requested above .

thanks a lot. ....................... bye, Geo

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
GeorgeJoseph said:
Hi There - For sponsoring JUST my kid (3 years old) living with me in canada (who is a US citizen) ..... how much time it would approx. take for the second/ final processing in the OTTAWA processing centre.

Basically, I have got my son's canadian PR sponsorship application approval done with the mississauga office and it is now transferred to the ottawa office for the visa office approval. what is the time period expected for this second approval and further process ?

Also, can someone please add myself to the excel sheet so that i can also access that ?

My Details as below:
Family Class application/ sponsorship - Only my Son (3 years old) : Applied to mississauga office on May 10th .... got the sponsorship approved on June 10th and also the file is now transferred to ottawa for final visa office processing/ approval.

Please help by sharing the excel sheet and the information requested above .

thanks a lot. ....................... bye, Geo
Probably 5-6 months, but it could be 2 months or 12. It's hard to know. Just out of curiosity, can I ask why your son isn't already a Canadian citizen? Are you a PR, or a Canadian born outside of Canada, or is your son adopted?

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi IvanP,

thank you for the response. So, we can't predict that per you and it varies from case to case. Anyway, my son's case is very straight forward and no complexity to deal with, by the officer. I am sponsoring just him and he is my blood relation. He is just close to 3 years old.

by the way, for your questions ................

I applied for myself/ my spouse for the canadian PR back in 2009 under FSW category and got the PR card as well in 2010 itself. But was living in US due to some fear of job scarcity in the canadian market. And my son was born only in the 2011 and since he cannot be sponsored until I am inside the country (canada), I haven't sponsored him until recently. He was born in united states and he carries a US passport. Myself and my spouse are from india... As I was almost close to loosing my residency requirement to renew my PR in the future, I gathered all my courage and migrated to Canada just in feb 2013. But, I feel very comfortable now.

He lives with me only. I am worried about the time delay in his PR processing, as I cannot get the health card and use the health system until then. Till that time i need to spend for his insurance from my own pocket. That is the reason, i am following up on the timelines.

that is the story.. please let me know for anything. also, let me know if you have any other inputs for my case. thank you gentleman. bye. Geo

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
amikety said:
Doubtful they will ask for a new one. It's if the COPR is ready to be issued more than 15 months since the medical they will ask for a new medical...... I think. The rule is that or something close.
Thanks Amikety & Ivanp -- I thought of taking medical again! You saved me $.

Yellowrose

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
n/a
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
My husband and I went over the financials of moving me 2300 miles yesterday. With my lease up, his family is coming down to get everything and take it up to Montana. Either I will have papers by then and fly into Canada to my husband's and drive back to meet them, or my things will be stored in Montana. Cha-ching, cha-ching. When I emailed my passport copies, I put a short and sweet note with it to ask for my COPR as soon as possible due to my lease expiring. Due to some of the responses I see here, I'm thinking there is some merit to my husband calling CIC. Can someone please tell me the number to call?

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Yellowrose said:
My husband and I went over the financials of moving me 2300 miles yesterday. With my lease up, his family is coming down to get everything and take it up to Montana. Either I will have papers by then and fly into Canada to my husband's and drive back to meet them, or my things will be stored in Montana. Cha-ching, cha-ching. When I emailed my passport copies, I put a short and sweet note with it to ask for my COPR as soon as possible due to my lease expiring. Due to some of the responses I see here, I'm thinking there is some merit to my husband calling CIC. Can someone please tell me the number to call?
After he calls, please let us know anything you learn about what is happening now in Ottawa.

Yellowrose

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
n/a
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Will do, just looking for the number... I know several have called. It seems from the articlue that there is mention that the applications for PR are said to be slowing down and that the resources are being given to producing visas, so you and I can only hope that at least means our COPR's and pray that the strike will soon be over for everyone here.

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
Yellowrose said:
Will do, just looking for the number... I know several have called. It seems from the articlue that there is mention that the applications for PR are said to be slowing down and that the resources are being given to producing visas, so you and I can only hope that at least means our COPR's and pray that the strike will soon be over for everyone here.
When CIC called me ... 613-960-1000 was the number showed in caller -ID..

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
IvanP said:
Joy. I was truly disturbed when I heard the workers hadn't had a labor contract since 2011 (I would be screaming for a strike myself) but ewwwww for me and all the others waiting on immigration. :(

If I don't get COPR by November, it looks like I'm be taking my Master's in the USA.

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
IvanP said:
Wonderful...
I haven't heard a peep since we paid my RPRF in February. Looks like I'm not likely to be moving by the end of the Summer.

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
Okay, opinions, people!...

With this strike going on, what are the chances that I'll just be turned away at the border if I go up to visit my husband at the end of the summer?
Things are really bad here at home and frankly, I don't know how much longer I can manage NOT seeing my husband...