+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

JNP19

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Please clarify my doubt.Copr gets updated for 1 year and AL for 2 months.What is the difference.Can we travel with both.Kind if anyone could explain

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Scenarios of non-optional travel (you can come to Canada)
IRCC offers three examples in which a foreign national would be exempt from the travel restrictions and permitted to enter Canada:

• Scenario 1: A foreign national has a valid work permit and currently resides in Canada. Even if the person does not currently have a job in Canada, they can still enter the country since Canada is currently their primary residence.
  • Scenario 2: A foreign national has a letter of introduction for an open work permit, has a valid job offer, and will be able to work in that job upon entering Canada.
  • Scenario 3: Similarly, a foreign national has a letter of introduction for an employer-specific work permit, with a valid job offer, which they will be able to pursue upon entering Canada.
But in our case we don't have work permit , we have COPR and PNP was approved we have job.

Reactions: gtcan19

JNP19

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Hi All,

The current status of my profile changed from 'APPROVED' to 'SUBMITTED' this morning.
My old COPR details have been removed.
Review of medical results now says - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

My VO is OTTAWA.
My COPR & PRV Expired on July 07, 2020.
I raised 3 webforms, in OCT, NOV and DEC.
Country of Residence: USA
I have not been asked to do medicals again yet.

I do not know the next steps and the timeline from here on. Have read mixed stories on this forum to draw any conclusions.

Any insights on the next steps appreciated.

Thanks
Same here.Any updates?

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Please help

How much time it will take to pick and deliver passport after stamping in Delhi

I got email to contact passport submission vfs global which i did and provide details

then got email to wait for the payment link. (how much time they take for sending link)

Your response will be helpful for me and others too.
Thanks

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Yes they do and they don't check your GC key but instead they confirm it online somehow. There is person who denied boarding with AL because his CoPR was not updated online. He also posted his experience in this thread. However in few days he got CoPR updated and on second attempt he boarded successfully.

So you need to have new CoPR issued online in order to travel with AL.
We can't take printout of this new COPR but account showing new record'

Please let me know is it mandatory to take printout, if yes, how we will take printout.

Thanks

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
We can't take printout of this new COPR but account showing new record'

Please let me know is it mandatory to take printout, if yes, how we will take printout.

Thanks
It's not mandatory. Just do print screen of webpage. The new CoPR has a document number which can be referred if someone asks for it. Tho chances are less.

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
Received an email from CIO at 2am IST.

Content of the email below:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have received your request to travel using your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. IRCC is currently working on your case. You will be receiving further information from us in the coming weeks with regards to the documents you will need to travel.

If your situation has changed, please contact us online. Otherwise, we will contact you with respect to your travel authorization.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

@13nitinsharma should I be expecting an AL soon or PPR request?
Did you receive the PPR or AL ?

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Did you get any reply from them regarding extension? Already 18/19 days right ?
oh sorry forgot to update u guys, got a generic response.
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

You are outside Canada and your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired? Rest assured that you do not need to contact us until you are ready to travel to Canada.

When you are ready to travel to Canada, we invite you to follow the instructions on our website to notify us. We will then tell you what to do next.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Reactions: gtcan19

Ram_0021

Aug 12, 2020
alid upto 1 year from the date of remeds
AL received over the email just few mins ago with 2 months validity.
Congrats ! I have a query in my case. COPR approved Jan 2020 and VO is Ottawa

I have got a re-medical request and also an email with a set of questionnaire asking me to respond within 10 days if I can travel to Canada within 60 days. The email also says

"If we do not hear from you within 10 days, we will assume that you are not able to travel to Canada within the next 60 days. Your application will remain open and placed on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the criteria above."

Does this mean IRCC is giving me two options. Either I respond to the email and don't go for re-medical and travel within 60 days or don't respond and get a re-medical done and have a year long COPR validity

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Congrats ! I have a query in my case. COPR approved Jan 2020 and VO is Ottawa

I have got a re-medical request and also an email with a set of questionnaire asking me to respond within 10 days if I can travel to Canada within 60 days. The email also says

"If we do not hear from you within 10 days, we will assume that you are not able to travel to Canada within the next 60 days. Your application will remain open and placed on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the criteria above."

Does this mean IRCC is giving me two options. Either I respond to the email and don't go for re-medical and travel within 60 days or don't respond and get a re-medical done and have a year long COPR validity
I too received this email but I got no response or AL. After exact 60 days they told me to redo the meds.

You have given two separate instructions to follow.

Your meds might be expired or expiring soon. So it's better to redo the medicals now to save time later.

If you are ready to travel then respond to the email within 10 days with all the required information. Make sure to have solid quarantine plan.

Also, in parallel redo the medicals.

Best wishes!

Ram_0021

Aug 12, 2020
I too received this email but I got no response or AL. After exact 60 days they told me to redo the meds.

Your meds might be expired or expiring soon. So it's better to redo the medicals now to save time later.

If you are ready to travel then respond to the email within 10 days with all the required information. Make sure to have solid quarantine plan.

Best wishes!
Thanks for the confirmation. Best wishes to you too.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

Best wishes!
Solid quarantine plan means?I have mentioned that I have talked to an Air bnb host and his place is available for quarantine.Is this much ok?What did u write?Are all ppl who are getting remeds are getting this 4 pt mail too?As I have never got any 4pt.Direct remedical req in online portal.I am afraid after 1month of submitting remeds will they send me this 4 pt only to waste one more month.Though I have already answered all these answers in my webform along with proofs like bank pof ,air ticket options,my sons admission letter etc.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Thank you!!! Yes I completed my new medicals on nov 12th. Received request on nov 5.
My copr expired on may 29th, approved before march 18th and my vo is NDVO
Did your counterfoil details vanished when they sent you remedicals?Mine have gone.@Whycorona same q to you..what was the change in ur profile after they sent u regret email.It seems u didn't get IMM forms?