Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
mikeymyke said:
Please don't pay attention to the processing times. My wife's visa office, over the past 5 years, went from something like 8 months to 12, to 18, 24, 30 months. Yet we submitted a complete and strong application and got our visa in under 6 months.

You will likely get long processing times if you have lots of red flags or criminality issues, but for the vast majority of people, they will get their PR way way faster than the posted times.
I appreciate your words of encouragement...but your implication that the only cause of delays are weak applications is a bit misleading. It's obvious that some visa offices have an easier time conducting the appropriate background checks and cross checks of the information filed, but for those coming from countries at war, conflict, etc it is not simply a matter of ensuring your application is complete. Your documents might not even exist any more because they were destroyed. The visa office also has the challenging time of trying to deal with governments who are in the middle of conflict that already have no resources...let alone resources to provide information on background to the appropriate VO.

I appreciate you are trying to be encouraging...but there needs to be some responsibility and accountability on Canada to decide whether family reunification is important, whether a strong family is truly the foundation for a strong country (as they often state) and to put some walk into their talk.

C.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
^^^
Well said.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
chilkootcee said:
I appreciate your words of encouragement...but your implication that the only cause of delays are weak applications is a bit misleading. It's obvious that some visa offices have an easier time conducting the appropriate background checks and cross checks of the information filed, but for those coming from countries at war, conflict, etc it is not simply a matter of ensuring your application is complete. Your documents might not even exist any more because they were destroyed. The visa office also has the challenging time of trying to deal with governments who are in the middle of conflict that already have no resources...let alone resources to provide information on background to the appropriate VO.

I appreciate you are trying to be encouraging...but there needs to be some responsibility and accountability on Canada to decide whether family reunification is important, whether a strong family is truly the foundation for a strong country (as they often state) and to put some walk into their talk.

C.
But it's not just those countries with delays and long processing times. The processing times are totally all over the place. Look at Ontariobat and I, similar situations, he got stuck in some disaster of 19 months for no real reason at all. He and my spouse are both from the US. It's easy to say they have a challenging time but that is not the only reason for these delays, I really think they are pretty disorganised with little emphasis on standards.

All the info we get here is just from people who volunteer the info though, so the only thing we can trust is the long term results on the spreadsheets.

babi2012

May 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
About the timeline, if we want to be negative, they simply added the VO processing time to decrease the number of inquiries, or just decreased the number of staff working on the family sponsorship, then they generate a fake statistic, and post it on their website.
But if we want to think positive, it only means during the past months they focused on finalizing many cases that have been open for a long time, and finished them. Maybe the conservative government have done it to increase their chances in the next election. So it can be even a good news. They tried to finalize the cases faster.
I cannot think of any other reasons. What do you think?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
babi2012 said:
About the timeline, if we want to be negative, they simply added the VO processing time to decrease the number of inquiries, or just decreased the number of staff working on the family sponsorship, then they generate a fake statistic, and post it on their website.
But if we want to think positive, it only means during the past months they focused on finalizing many cases that have been open for a long time, and finished them. Maybe the conservative government have done it to increase their chances in the next election. So it can be even a good news. They tried to finalize the cases faster.
I cannot think of any other reasons. What do you think?
The only reason I can think of is pretty much what Gustav said (though jokingly), they basically want a way to cover their butts, since it is possible for various reasons for some peoples applications to take that long. By posting the longest possible times it keeps optimism low and inquiries minimized. I don't know anything about law, but I imagine that has something to do with it, they can't get sued if the processing times are worst-case scenarios.

Either that or it is an error.

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
sashali78 said:
It's amazing how everybody is just like to panic instead of having some common sense. So i'll say it again one more time: the new posted processing times are likely a mistake as such increase in processing times is mathematically impossible.
Just use your common sense, lets take HK visa office as an example, how is it possible that in May 2015 it took 10 months to process 80% of applications and in July 2015 it takes 20 months? Unless the 20% of applications left over from BEFORE July 2014 (May 2015 - 10 months which left unprocessed) are now comprising 80% of ALL applications received from November 2013 (July 2015 - 20 months) till now it doesn't add up.
So unless the number of applications in the last 2 years was going down by over ~50% year over year it is mathematically impossible.
And if number of new applications was actually down by 50% year-over-year it means faster processing times for everyone whoever applied in the last year , as the number of new applications is really insignificant.
Even the timing of the update is questionable as the next quarterly update was supposed to be on August, 20th (after May, 20 update)
So relax and cheer up - lets see they fix it next week (or in September when quarterly update usually takes place)

I do not think it is mistake. Statistics shows that as of July 6, 2015 express entry pool has received 112,700 applications, 12,017 invited, 48,723 refused.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-midyear-2015.asp

Only 12,017 applicants (Federal Skilled Worker, Canadian Experience Class and Federal Skilled Trades Program) received invitation since express entry program started.

Somehow they have to reach a quota in 2015. I have no idea how but in my opinion it explains increase of processing time.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
irvah said:
I do not think it is mistake. Statistics shows that as of July 6, 2015 express entry pool has received 112,700 applications, 12,017 invited, 48,723 refused.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-midyear-2015.asp

Only 12,017 applicants (Federal Skilled Worker, Canadian Experience Class and Federal Skilled Trades Program) received invitation since express entry program started.

Somehow they have to reach a quota in 2015. I have no idea how but in my opinion it explains increase of processing time.
I don't get it, how would the EE program affect the spousal processing times?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Aquakitty said:
I don't get it, how would the EE program affect the spousal processing times?
Because visa officers could be assigned to EE cases instead of family class.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Aquakitty said:
But it's not just those countries with delays and long processing times. The processing times are totally all over the place. Look at Ontariobat and I, similar situations, he got stuck in some disaster of 19 months for no real reason at all. He and my spouse are both from the US. It's easy to say they have a challenging time but that is not the only reason for these delays, I really think they are pretty disorganised with little emphasis on standards.

All the info we get here is just from people who volunteer the info though, so the only thing we can trust is the long term results on the spreadsheets.
I am pretty sure that Ontariobat and I had the same case manager...the one that went on Maternity!!!....I have no doubt that my hubby PR is going to take 29 months...they HAVE to have some to support their numbers....

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Rob_TO said:
Because visa officers could be assigned to EE cases instead of family class.
Ah I see now, the skilled worker quota makes the government look good in some statistic for the election.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Hello Everyone,

On several treats, applicants are referred to new possessing time ... One candidate has opened a petition to Government with sample letter to be send to MPs...

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Im not trying to be negative but how will appealing to the MP have any effect on CIC position on family class sponsorship. To be frank they dont care about family class applications, there is a reason why they spent a ton of resources to open the EE stream and why those application are getting processed as little as 3 months while family class applicants are on average waiting 8-12 months depending more on the VO. From my research, it seems CIC is more interested in EE applicants rather than family class applicants because they bring more value to the country. In their eyes would we rather have a highly skilled professional or a family of 4 eat up the resources in Canada. I think its great there are petitions out there to get a voice for family class applicants like myself to reduce the processing times but it will most definitely fall on deaf ears.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
jamsham12 said:
Im not trying to be negative but how will appealing to the MP have any effect on CIC position on family class sponsorship. To be frank they dont care about family class applications, there is a reason why they spent a ton of resources to open the EE stream and why those application are getting processed as little as 3 months while family class applicants are on average waiting 8-12 months depending more on the VO. From my research, it seems CIC is more interested in EE applicants rather than family class applicants because they bring more value to the country. In their eyes would we rather have a highly skilled professional or a family of 4 eat up the resources in Canada. I think its great there are petitions out there to get a voice for family class applicants like myself to reduce the processing times but it will most definitely fall on deaf ears.
CIC policies are influenced by the current ruling party's platform...and obviously the Conservatives are quite pre-occupied with economics (and are desperately trying to show something) with the hopes of getting more votes. However, they (being the government) have also stated that Family Reunification is important...and we need to remind them of that.

I know it's easy to be discouraged....I am...but I also wanted to do something about it and make it easier for others to have their voice heard. For those who are wanting to become Canadians...this is a very Canadian thing to do....as I heard one comedian say, in the US, they use guns....in Canada, we write letters......can't comment on the accuracy of the US part...but the letter writing part certainly is true.

I specifically made concrete doable suggestions in the petition so that it's not simply viewed as complaining.

So...signing the petition takes less than 1 min. And you can sign without having your name posted on the website (although including your signature publicly is much more effective and carries more weight). Copying the sample letter to your MP, looking up their email address, making your own personal modifications takes anywhere from 15 - 45 min. Small effort that may have a significant effect.

C.

jaytanz

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Interview........
Recommended on 27th April 2016 (Approved) DM 5th May
Passport Req..
9th May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th may 2016
LANDED..........
TRV ✌
jamsham12 said:
From my research, it seems CIC is more interested in EE applicants rather than family class applicants because they bring more value to the country .In their eyes would we rather have a highly skilled professional or a family of 4 eat up the resources in Canada.
how does that work i am a qualified Chef with 12 years experience from three continents i easily qualify for EE but what choice do i have now ??? ???
they opened EE in 2015 this wait is freaking annoying and has taken away my peace and focus at work :-[