04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
chilkootcee said:
CIC policies are influenced by the current ruling party's platform...and obviously the Conservatives are quite pre-occupied with economics (and are desperately trying to show something) with the hopes of getting more votes. However, they (being the government) have also stated that Family Reunification is important...and we need to remind them of that.

I know it's easy to be discouraged....I am...but I also wanted to do something about it and make it easier for others to have their voice heard. For those who are wanting to become Canadians...this is a very Canadian thing to do....as I heard one comedian say, in the US, they use guns....in Canada, we write letters......can't comment on the accuracy of the US part...but the letter writing part certainly is true.

I specifically made concrete doable suggestions in the petition so that it's not simply viewed as complaining.

So...signing the petition takes less than 1 min. And you can sign without having your name posted on the website (although including your signature publicly is much more effective and carries more weight). Copying the sample letter to your MP, looking up their email address, making your own personal modifications takes anywhere from 15 - 45 min. Small effort that may have a significant effect.

C.
I definitely will sign and send to my partner's MP and hope for the best but I am just being realistic. I hope that I am wrong so other's can benefit because the waiting and not knowing is got to be the most unbearable feeling that one can feel.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Everyone needs to be contacting their MP's about CIC processing times. Everyone.

I am the only person who has contacted my specific MP's office about how ridiculous CIC is, as a result, they don't care.

Everyone who has sent in an application and isn't finished yet needs to get on the phone, get down to their MP's office, or at least send an email.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
GustavesF said:
Everyone needs to be contacting their MP's about CIC processing times. Everyone.

I am the only person who has contacted my specific MP's office about how ridiculous CIC is, as a result, they don't care.

Everyone who has sent in an application and isn't finished yet needs to get on the phone, get down to their MP's office, or at least send an email.
The problem is, this isn't bad enough to get average Canadian citizens angry and the average person does not understand it. What would be more beneficial is if some news station did a report on the processing times and a sob story peice on families living apart etc. Even if those times are not true for most people, it's bad enough they have them on there giving people heart attacks. Unless you visit this forum, how is the average person supposed to know any of this? It needs to be a bit more transparent or at least explained better.

I think time would be better spent sending your story to news outlets and see if anyone bites.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Aquakitty said:
The problem is, this isn't bad enough to get average Canadian citizens angry and the average person does not understand it. What would be more beneficial is if some news station did a report on the processing times and a sob story peice on families living apart etc. Even if those times are not true for most people, it's bad enough they have them on there giving people heart attacks. Unless you visit this forum, how is the average person supposed to know any of this? It needs to be a bit more transparent or at least explained better.

I think time would be better spent sending your story to news outlets and see if anyone bites.
I understand and have been thinking about it...challenge is...I've only been waiting 3 months and so I really don't have a sob story...yet....

You are absolutely right on it not being on people's radar...which is why everyone who is on this forum should be sending letters and signing the petition...and sharing it with as many people as they can.

C.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Aquakitty said:

5 complaining citizens can do more than a whole pile of content ones. I think if my MP's office was getting just two or three more people complaining about this same thing my MP would be forced to elevate his concerns. If that was the situation at every MP's office we'd have every MP elevating their concerns. Again, multiple complaints can make a difference.

Unfortunately you're absolutely right, the average Canadian simply doesn't care.
Actually, if I look at any Facebook comment on the CBC stories covering these topics I invariably see a pile of completely ignorant "average Canadians" who have no idea what they're talking about.
Complaining about immigrants "hopping the fence to get in" and other garbage like that.

No one seems to remember that their doctor is probably an immigrant, that their boss at work is probably an immigrant, that more than half of the people they depend on are immigrants.

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
GustavesF said:

I did call and he won’t able to do anything

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
I suggest writing a letter pointing out some concerns and suggestions to improve the system would be most effective. It could be that the MP's are not aware of the challenges at CIC.

:)

RachelB

Aug 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

well I just noticed that change in processing times. and that of my country (Beirut, Lebanon) is the most funny one, it went from 16 ot 64 months.

but as others already mentioned it is mathematically impossible, it can not suddenly increase from 16 to 64.

because let's assume in June 2015 it was 16 months which means they were processing applications sent on : Feb 2014.

and now they said it's 64 months, which means that now thy are processing applications sent 5 years from now ( August 2010 for example)

it doesn't make sense because in June 2015 they were dealing with applications sent in 2014.

now all this is just talking, if they did a mathematical mistake then why don't they just fix it?

to whom can we talk to in this case? is it enough to talk to the MP ? is there anything else we can do once we make sure it's not a typo ?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
I think it works in a different way.

That is what logically makes sense to me:

In June 2015 they have 16 months that means they look at family class application sent on February 2014.

At the same time they have backlog of all skilled workers applications accumulated since January 01, 2015 because by the end of June 2015 the only 12,000 applicants all over the world received invitation (out of quote of 185,000).

In July (when statistics was published) they have only 6 months left by the end of 2015 and a goal to speed up process of EE to 6 months to reach a quote.

It means that in August 2015 they have to look at all skilled workers applications received in March 2015.

Taking into consideration quota of 185,000 application for skilled workers towards 65,000 remaining for all other categories we could assume that usually for every 4 skilled workers applications they roughly take only one for family immigration category.

Not anymore because for the same team of immigration officers it is physically impossible to keep the same processing time for family immigration category as they need to proceed with overwhelming quality of other applications within 6 months.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
irvah said:

In June 2015 they have 16 months that means they look at family class application sent on February 2014.

At the same time they have backlog of all skilled workers applications accumulated since January 01, 2015 because by the end of June 2015 the only 12,000 applicants all over the world received invitation (out of quote of 185,000).

In July (when statistics was published) they have only 6 months left by the end of 2015 and a goal to speed up process of EE to 6 months to reach a quote.

It means that in August 2015 they have to look at all skilled workers applications received in March 2015.

Taking into consideration quota of 185,000 application for skilled workers towards 65,000 remaining for all other categories we could assume that usually for every 4 skilled workers applications they roughly take only one for family immigration category.

Not anymore because for the same team of immigration officers it is physically impossible to keep the same processing time for family immigration category as they need to proceed with overwhelming quality of other applications within 6 months.
Yup..you are likely right...and Canadian citizens end up taking a back seat priority wise....not happy with that :)

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
irvah said:

The 185,000 quota isn't just for express entry it is the entire economic migration stream. Applications that were received by CIC before Jan 2015 in the other economic classes are still being processed as they were previously, meaning that they have a backlog of quite a few years to get through to move into express entry exclusively. It would make more sense that the increase in time is due to removing the backlog from these streams. However as I've stated previously in this thread, its all speculation.

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
kangamoose said:
The 185,000 quota isn't just for express entry it is the entire economic migration stream. Applications that were received by CIC before Jan 2015 in the other economic classes are still being processed as they were previously, meaning that they have a backlog of quite a few years to get through to move into express entry exclusively. It would make more sense that the increase in time is due to removing the backlog from these streams. However as I've stated previously in this thread, its all speculation.
Applications received by CIC before the launch of Express Entry will be processed according to the rules in place at that time. Why though you think that they start removing backlog from prior streams in August? Why backlog from previous streams hit CIC right after they confirmed failure in EE?

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
irvah said:
Applications received by CIC before the launch of Express Entry will be processed according to the rules in place at that time. Why though you think that they start removing backlog from prior streams in August? Why backlog from previous streams hit CIC right after they confirmed failure in EE?
Yes exactly the applications that were received before Jan are being processed as normal or CIC is working to remove the backlog. I'm not saying that they have only just started to do this, the processing times listed are for the previous 12 months i.e. July 2014 to July 2015, meaning seven months of the new processing times are from when express entry was introduced.

One thing that could back this up is that the largest increase was Beirut, federal skilled worker for Beirut has a - (not sure what it was before).

Express entry is not a confirmed failure, it hasn't been in effect long enough to make that determination. I would argue that once all of the economic PR applications are only being processed by this that it would reduce family class times. It is a more automated process, visa offices don't even get involved until the applicant receives an invitation and sends the forms in. You fill out a profile online, get a score based on your education etc and are ranked according to that score. That's how the selection works, it allows for Canada to prioritize skills over first come first to be processed. The 112,000 people that you keep quoting as application numbers are not being dealt with by people. The only applications that people have processed are the 12,928 that have been issued an invitation, of these only one of the top 10 countries had an increase in processing times (China had 531 invitations). In fact the number 1 country was India - New Dehli went up by 1 month, the number 2 place went to the Philippines - Manila went down by 1 month and is one of the fastest visa offices.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-midyear-2015.asp

The only statistic I can find of the backlog on the economic applications prior to express entry is 46,398 federal skilled worker applications, 372,512 other permanent residence applications. 372,512 includes all family class, Refugees, Humanitarian and Compassionate and others in the Economic Class. A total of 419,235!! That is a scary number...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2014-Q4/index.asp

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
The only thing I can think of for Beirut is that the VO moved files to Ottawa in 2011 (maybe 2010), when the VO was closed.

The processing times are for applications that finalized in the past 12 months, so applications that haven't been finalized yet do not count. So let's say there were a bunch of applications submitted before the VO closed, that were sent to Ottawa, but were not finalized there. There could have been issues with background checks, relationship doubts, interviews, etc. So the files got sent back to Beirut and the process continued. So those files finally got finalized this year, but since they were submitted in 2010 or 2011, the processing time for them skyrocketed.

I haven't seen any threads for Beirut, but I would think that it's similar to London, where the time shot up to 28, but no recent applicants have actually experienced a 28 month wait, most are done in less than a year.