Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
If they put a ridiculous processing time on the website then you're simply not allowed to inquire, ever. It effectively removes the need for them to do their job effectively, makes any errors okay, and completely removes all accountability.

So if processing times are long, say 2 years, and they put "5 years" on the site. They can make a mistake on your app, lose it, eat it, etc. and you can't get anything done about it for 5 full years.

Honestly, I truly hate CIC, every part of it.

I expect that one day CIC will replace it's inland processing date with "Currently Processing Applications Received: October 15, 1980", that way they can shut down the call center, shut down CIC for a year or two at a time. You know, whatever.

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
The fact that most of the VO published that the processing times are going to be longer, means simply that the processing times are going to be longer, we cant ignore that fact.

Now, to be productive, what can we do?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
dedoz said:
The fact that most of the VO published that the processing times are going to be longer, means simply that the processing times are going to be longer, we cant ignore that fact.

Now, to be productive, what can we do?
My MP's office is becoming useless, unless we can get all sponsors to spam the phone-lines of every MP's office in Canada with complaints we probably won't get very far.
We'd have to be organized about this, making sure every office is covered by the mass complaints, we'd have to get a sponsor in each region because they don't care about people out of their region.

If this fails I suggest we all begin mailing bricks to CIC telling them how much we hate them:
http://mailbricks.com/

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
irvah said:
Look at parents sponsorship timeline: assessment of sponsor 45 months and processing time for example in Los Angeles (United States) 83 months. In total 128 months!!!!!!!!!Average time to sponsor parents 10.5 years????
For parental sponsorship, the entire program has an administrative cap on the number of cases being considered. That's why they strictly limit the intake of new applications, such that the new yearly cap is filled in 1-2 days at the beginning of the year.

Additionally, averages cases never go to Los Angeles (US) anymore. That visa office only processes PR applications if there is an issue requiring further examination like an interview or criminality problem. Average US cases exclusively go to CPC-Ottawa.

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
I just take a look at excel spreadsheet provided by CIC http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/427337d0-7c36-4fed-8428-c6a63f8c19b3

It is not clear how they calculate processing time. If they calculate based on actual numbers-so, %% of cases completed in 2013 are not very different from 2014. What formula do they use?

They put a note that all express entry cases will be taken within 6 months, could it be the reason why family reunion is not priority anymore?

Now Beirut has average 64 months, Beijing 37, London 28? It is not normal for families to be separated for so long.

Now outland sponsorship is much longer than inland!!!

CIC must implement some changes for families, like special visa rules, when family members should be allowed to visit Canada. Otherwise it does not make sense.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Hello Everyone,

If some one has called CIC call center in regards to increase of processing time, please share their answers with every one...

Regards,

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Our case sat for 9 months with only my request for case notes as any form of action...honestly I am thinking the case manager went on Maternity...I think its really strange that the site says processing time as of July but took over a month to update the site..

saeedhasan

Aug 20, 2015
Family sponsor cases should be processed on priority to unite them as soon as possible but seems like that's not the case anymore.

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
As mikeymyke mentioned don't pay attention to the processing times they are not the average timelines.

As for those speculating that the Gov has switched priority to express entry, have a read of the Plan and Priorities report for 2015-2016.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/rpp/2015-2016/index.asp

Sub-Program 2.1.1: Spouses, Partners and Children Reunification

The objective of this program is to grant permanent resident status to foreign nationals who are the sponsored spouses, partners and dependent children (including adopted children) of Canadian citizens and permanent residents. This supports the government’s objective to reunite close family members...Given the close family relationships involved, these family members are the highest priority for processing...

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
kangamoose said:
As mikeymyke mentioned don't pay attention to the processing times they are not the average timelines.

As for those speculating that the Gov has switched priority to express entry, have a read of the Plan and Priorities report for 2015-2016.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/rpp/2015-2016/index.asp
I am sorry, if average on CIC site does not mean anything, why would VO include it in their letter?
In our letter they clearly said:

"Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the category that you have applied require on average 9 Months to process at this office".

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
irvah said:
I am sorry, if average on CIC site does not mean anything, why would VO include it in their letter?
In our letter they clearly said:

"Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the category that you have applied require on average 9 Months to process at this office".
Obviously this is only my opinion but a CIC employee is not going to tell you the actual average time, surely they would be required to report what is on the website. I've worked extensively in customer service and the common theme is to under promise and over deliver. In other words CIC are required to tow the line and report what the website says the official processing times are, when in actual fact they are less for most people. Remember those times include people that have red flags and are called in for an interview (which from what I've read can add years onto the process) and are NOT the average, they are the time it takes to complete 80% of applications.

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
kangamoose said:
Obviously this is only my opinion but a CIC employee is not going to tell you the actual average time, surely they would be required to report what is on the website. I've worked extensively in customer service and the common theme is to under promise and over deliver. In other words CIC are required to tow the line and report what the website says the official processing times are, when in actual fact they are less for most people. Remember those times include people that have red flags and are called in for an interview (which from what I've read can add years onto the process) and are NOT the average, they are the time it takes to complete 80% of applications.
I think what you are saying can be said (not officially written) only by some small private businesses. We are talking here about government. The VOs has nothing to do with the numbers published in the CIC web site. I think there is a Statistics department in CIC (maybe is a part of the Canada open data) that gets the information on how long it took the VOs to process the applications, Collect the data and publish it online after it gets approved. We are talking about government level, so professional work, i hope at least.

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
kangamoose said:
I see your point but can not agree with it. We pay taxes in order for government institutes work properly. I am not saying that clerks' work is not professional, I am talking about immigration politics. They might follow transparency rules. What happened if overnight processing time is increased all over the world? Why their statistics shows not much difference in processing time in 2014 vs. 2013 and all over a sudden it happens to be increased in 2015 as twice?

If priority is given to family reunion, why time frame was increased? Even after strike in 2013 they did not have such a huge processing time frame. It is not normal.
There is no option now to complain. You can not contact immigration office if your timeline is within the average.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Majromax said:
For parental sponsorship, the entire program has an administrative cap on the number of cases being considered.
Average US cases exclusively go to CPC-Ottawa.
And between June 2014-July 2015 Ottawa managed to finalize less than 10 parent sponsorship cases according to the latest update on CIC website.

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
dedoz said:
I think what you are saying can be said (not officially written) only by some small private businesses. We are talking here about government.
I disagree, the larger the business the truer my statement becomes, we maybe talking about the government but they will only tell you what they are authorised to tell you.

irvah said:
What happened if overnight processing time is increased all over the world? Why their statistics shows not much difference in processing time in 2014 vs. 2013 and all over a sudden it happens to be increased in 2015 as twice?

If priority is given to family reunion, why time frame was increased? Even after strike in 2013 they did not have such a huge processing time frame. It is not normal.
There is no option now to complain. You can not contact immigration office if your timeline is within the average.
The processing times didn't increase all over the world though, looking at the spreadsheet the OP posted there are only significant increases (>10 months) to six visa offices, if what you were saying was true all of the visa offices would have seen significant increases. Even if you include moderate increase of >6 months the number is still only at nine visa offices.

The fact is we don't know the reasons for these increases because we don't have all of the data, we don't know how many people have applied to these visa offices, we don't have numbers regarding how many people were called in for an interview. We just don't know.

I'm not trying to downplay the increases by any means, it sucks. The thought of possibly being separated from my spouse for that long is hard to think about.

But you can't make the conclusion that family reunion is not a priority without having all the facts.