+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC PROCESSING TIME CHANGED

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
The processing times didn't increase all over the world though, looking at the spreadsheet the OP posted there are only significant increases (>10 months) to six visa offices

[/quote]

A lot of VO covers not only one country. Ankara VO, for example is responsible for Azerbaijan, Georgia, Iran, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Cyprus, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria.
London VO for Channel Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Norway, Sweden, Scotland, United Kingdom, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen.

So, increase will effect a lot of families around the world.

By the way, CIC increases processiong time for almost all categories. The only what we can not see yet is statistics for express entry.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Good afternoon everyone,

Every once opinion is respected but have you guys given a thought we are going backwards, working years with different departments, I have witnessed that every part of government introducing newer technology to have efficient output, and CIC is top department of Canada, I do not believe that they have cut employees nor I believe world has changed to new wed couples to marry Canadians this year.

Then what went wrong, I wish i could ignored processing time, since i know that some how I will be affected and CIC will put me accountable and show me their processing time. Even though i do not play the politics ...

If we say that VO has their own processing time then we must say that our application is not processed transparent...

Our communities are build with families and the pillars of our families are our spouses, government want us to build Canada but they do not provide us with basic tool to process our applications faster ...

CIC advertise that we do not need a lawyer or any professional to help us fill the application, since it is few forms and can be filled by individuals themselves then why do they take years to process those few forms...

Most of us spend major part of our lives with work and study and few years of youth is left to enjoy with spouses they are taken with process of CIC, this is unfair and no one wants to deal with it unless they are in the same boat... even in this form those who are out of this boat their opinions is to enjoy the waiting game...

waiting time is not waiting game, its taking us close to death, so i put it as doing suicide...

hope we can be united to make CIC listen to us...

Regards,

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's amazing how everybody is just like to panic instead of having some common sense. So i'll say it again one more time: the new posted processing times are likely a mistake as such increase in processing times is mathematically impossible.
Just use your common sense, lets take HK visa office as an example, how is it possible that in May 2015 it took 10 months to process 80% of applications and in July 2015 it takes 20 months? Unless the 20% of applications left over from BEFORE July 2014 (May 2015 - 10 months which left unprocessed) are now comprising 80% of ALL applications received from November 2013 (July 2015 - 20 months) till now it doesn't add up.
So unless the number of applications in the last 2 years was going down by over ~50% year over year it is mathematically impossible.
And if number of new applications was actually down by 50% year-over-year it means faster processing times for everyone whoever applied in the last year , as the number of new applications is really insignificant.
Even the timing of the update is questionable as the next quarterly update was supposed to be on August, 20th (after May, 20 update)
So relax and cheer up - lets see they fix it next week (or in September when quarterly update usually takes place)

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
sashali78 said:
It's amazing how everybody is just like to panic instead of having some common sense. So i'll say it again one more time: the new posted processing times are likely a mistake as such increase in processing times is mathematically impossible.
Just use your common sense, lets take HK visa office as an example, how is it possible that in May 2015 it took 10 months to process 80% of applications and in July 2015 it takes 20 months? Unless the 20% of applications left over from BEFORE July 2014 (May 2015 - 10 months which left unprocessed) are now comprising 80% of ALL applications received from November 2013 (July 2015 - 20 months) till now it doesn't add up.
So unless the number of applications in the last 2 years was going down by over ~50% year over year it is mathematically impossible.
And if number of new applications was actually down by 50% year-over-year it means faster processing times for everyone whoever applied in the last year , as the number of new applications is really insignificant.
Even the timing of the update is questionable as the next quarterly update was supposed to be on August, 20th (after May, 20 update)
So relax and cheer up - lets see they fix it next week (or in September when quarterly update usually takes place)
Hello Sashali78,

No one is panicking but trying to face the reality and push to fix it instead of sitting and watching...

And you are saying the biggest agency of Canada and who is guiding every applicant on daily basis MADE A BIG MISTAKE MATHEMATICALLY..

or you are saying that they are not transparent with applicants and playing games with us...

Aug 21, 2015
Hello Everyone

I would like to ask a question: i am a canadian citizen living in greece with my greek spouse. we plan on going to canada in about 3 months. What type of fponsorchip would be better inland or outland? inland has a 2 year processing time but i cannot find any procesiing info for outland processing time grom greece. does anybody know what the processing time may be and what is the perfereed method to go abou this.

thanks in advance

Aug 21, 2015
Hello Everyone

I am a canadian citizen living in greece with my greek spouse. we are planning of going to canada in 3 months. i am in a debate if i should go through the process of inland or outland sponsorship. does anyone know the processing time of outland sponsorship from greece. and if my spouse will be able to get a work permit?

Thanks

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
sashali78 said:
It is quite possible if they put aside all sponsorship cases and start processing them only during the time they have left over after processing of express entry cases. With all problems with express entry system it does not look like government meets annual target of welcoming 250,000 PRs to Canada so far.

keefaith2

Aug 11, 2015
;D
GustavesF said:
If they put a ridiculous processing time on the website then you're simply not allowed to inquire, ever. It effectively removes the need for them to do their job effectively, makes any errors okay, and completely removes all accountability.

So if processing times are long, say 2 years, and they put "5 years" on the site. They can make a mistake on your app, lose it, eat it, etc. and you can't get anything done about it for 5 full years.

Honestly, I truly hate CIC, every part of it.

I expect that one day CIC will replace it's inland processing date with "Currently Processing Applications Received: October 15, 1980", that way they can shut down the call center, shut down CIC for a year or two at a time. You know, whatever.
. ;D ;D :p thank you Gustave. Even though it's a terrible news, I laughed!!!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irvah said:
It is quite possible if they put aside all sponsorship cases and start processing them only during the time they have left over after processing of express entry cases. With all problems with express entry system it does not look like government meets annual target of welcoming 250,000 PRs to Canada so far.
No matter what CIC policy is and which application it processes it is still bound to the rules of mathematics! Even if there is NOT a single case that was processed in the 2 months since last update, the processing time still could increase only by 2 months, and not a dime more.

kasiap

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Lomdon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21July 2014
Doc's Request.
23 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
9 Sep 2014 sponsorship approval
Med's Request
17 July 2015
Med's Done....
March 2014 / July 22 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made Sept 21 2015 :)
greek marathoner said:
Hello Everyone

I am a canadian citizen living in greece with my greek spouse. we are planning of going to canada in 3 months. i am in a debate if i should go through the process of inland or outland sponsorship. does anyone know the processing time of outland sponsorship from greece. and if my spouse will be able to get a work permit?

Thanks
Thats all depends where you application will be send to. You sending to Mississauga and they will send to Visa office in Europe. As far as I know its better to do inland application as you can get temporary work visa when She is waiting for approval not 100% sure tho.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
From my observations, CIC is very disjointed and disorganized. A lot of what they do does not follow any kind of sense, it seems to rely a lot on who happens to do the application. I think a lot of mistakes occur. I of course, have no special inside knowledge, but I read a lot of threads and I have been through the system with my spouse. I think maybe a lot of VO's go in batches, so how long it takes could depend on when you submit. Also of course the officer may not have very clear rules, or some follow them too harshly and vise versa. The call centre varies on the information they give out.

For instance, nothing on the COPR pamphlet my spouse got matches what it says on the CIC website. Times are all over the place. I can only go by anecdotal evidence but it seems to be a total cluster**** in a lot of ways. Is this captain obvious talking? :D

FYI to the Greek poster, your outland app should go to Rome. Seems like a very fast processing centre. Check my signature for the 2015 spreadsheet and look at Rome applications.

Aug 21, 2015
Thank-u so much for the information. there is a recent program with the inland sponsorship that grants you a working permit in 4 months! because it will be diffficult for a family of 4 on only 1 income. so does taht mean that i have to do my income taxes there first and then apply for the inland sponsorship and wait 4 months or would it be better to do outland and wait 12 months +2 while being in canada.

mariahvais

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
GustavesF said:
If they put a ridiculous processing time on the website then you're simply not allowed to inquire, ever. It effectively removes the need for them to do their job effectively, makes any errors okay, and completely removes all accountability.

So if processing times are long, say 2 years, and they put "5 years" on the site. They can make a mistake on your app, lose it, eat it, etc. and you can't get anything done about it for 5 full years.

Honestly, I truly hate CIC, every part of it.

I expect that one day CIC will replace it's inland processing date with "Currently Processing Applications Received: October 15, 1980", that way they can shut down the call center, shut down CIC for a year or two at a time. You know, whatever.
LOL god bless you
eat it
i burst out laughing