Waived
Passport Req..
08-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
DM2 on September 12th, 2012 - Passport with Visa inside: October 7th, 2012
LANDED..........
Flight booked for November 1st, 2012
Kdc1965 said:
Yes for sure that is fast, I had submitted my sponsorship forms jan 20, got approval April 24. And my wife's status still shows appication recieved medicals received and nothing else. :-( I've been posting on the jan 2012 link.
So it doesn't say "in process" yet? Mine says Decision Made for Sponsorship and for the Application it says In Process. When I click on the In Process link it tells me they have been processing my wife's application since July 31st. However, they didn't post this message until August 6th, which means they were working on it for a week before they decided to update the site.

Joshmantis

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Ningbo, China - Niagara Region
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
No notification
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Fencesitter said:
And this is normal? I mean, the visa office wouldn't think you were jumping the gun and assuming too much? Might that piss them off? They might think you're basically saying you already have the visa in the bag, so here is the passport...put the visa inside and send it back...

FS
My wife swears by it. She's said others have sent it in as we did and got their residents permit. I think they understand that everyone is anxious and looks past the issue.

Also, if I were a visa officer and got someone's passport before I needed it, it would save me time as well. I bet they like to get through the cases as efficiently as possible. I wonder if they have quotas? Of course, this is purely conjecture.

In the end, I don't think it would sway their opinion of us, I think if you try calling everyday or something, that would seem more like badgering. I'm hoping they just see an early passport as positively presumptuous.

philipsweden

Aug 6, 2012
Hi

I really don't understand how a foreigner living in China OUTSIDE Beijing can even imagine leaving the passport with residency visa at the Canadian Embassy for more than a week. Currently the ONLY way of identification in China is your passport so without that one yes you cannot leave the country and you cannot even travel within the country. How can a person living in Shanghai possibly even go between Shanghai and Beijing during that time? Should I pitch a tent outside the embassy while they have my passport? It seems absolutely ridiculous to me and it seems like it could jeopardize my whole application process. Sure for Chinese citizen leaving their passport at the embassy can be okay since they also have a national ID card but for foreigners it is a different story.

Does anyone know if this passport request is similar at every VO around the globe?

Do you know if the medical check have to be done in the same country as you are applying for the visa in?

Joshmantis

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
No notification
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
philipsweden said:
Hi

I really don't understand how a foreigner living in China OUTSIDE Beijing can even imagine leaving the passport with residency visa at the Canadian Embassy for more than a week. Currently the ONLY way of identification in China is your passport so without that one yes you cannot leave the country and you cannot even travel within the country. How can a person living in Shanghai possibly even go between Shanghai and Beijing during that time? Should I pitch a tent outside the embassy while they have my passport? It seems absolutely ridiculous to me and it seems like it could jeopardize my whole application process. Sure for Chinese citizen leaving their passport at the embassy can be okay since they also have a national ID card but for foreigners it is a different story.

Does anyone know if this passport request is similar at every VO around the globe?

Do you know if the medical check have to be done in the same country as you are applying for the visa in?
Yes, if you're not not Chinese and you're applying for residency to move to Canada via the Beijing VO, I would not send in your passport prematurely. I would just wait until they request your passport. At that point, you'd have to accept that you'd be without your passport for around a month or so.

I'm sure though, that the Canadian Embassy can give you a letter stating why you don't have your passport with you. You could also go to the PSB before you send in your passport and they might be able to give you a special document allowing you to travel within China. At least that's what my Chinese wife assures me of.

As for the medical check, I'm pretty sure it has to be from the country you're applying from. My wife went to Hangzhou to do hers.

If you have any other questions, let me know, we are at the tail end of our process.

Joshmantis

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
No notification
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Fencesitter said:
And this is normal? I mean, the visa office wouldn't think you were jumping the gun and assuming too much? Might that piss them off? They might think you're basically saying you already have the visa in the bag, so here is the passport...put the visa inside and send it back...

FS
UPDATE: So, we sent her passport in last week, and just now (Wed Aug. 8, 2012) we got the final request for her passport! So, it seems that they didn't mind us sending it in early. Now we just have to wait until they send it back to us with her residents permit in it.

philipsweden

Aug 6, 2012
I have discovered that visa free nationals to Canada do not get a PPR from the VO during the processing, they simply get a mail from the VO with the PR once it is finished.
Now this is applicable in London for Swedish citizens which is a VO for many visa free nationals to Canada.

Since I am a Swedish citizen in China I am now wondering if it is the same case at the VO in Beijing that VISA FREE nationals to Canada do not need to submit their passports as PRC citizens need to.

Have anyone any experience with this?

Thanks for any help!!!

annesophie

Aug 7, 2012
Hi! Thank you all for sharing your information about delays and everything! I just started to fill my application, and it is cheering me up to read that lots of people successfully went through the process.
I am from Montreal and I married a Chinese guy this summer after three years of relationship.
I am confused about the medical exam. Did you do it before submitting your application, and joined the form to your demand? Or did you wait for a request from Chinese embassy?
I received tons of contradictory information about that, so your advices would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you !!!

Cheers,

Anne-Sophie

Joshmantis

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
No notification
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
annesophie said:
Hi! Thank you all for sharing your information about delays and everything! I just started to fill my application, and it is cheering me up to read that lots of people successfully went through the process.
I am from Montreal and I married a Chinese guy this summer after three years of relationship.
I am confused about the medical exam. Did you do it before submitting your application, and joined the form to your demand? Or did you wait for a request from Chinese embassy?
I received tons of contradictory information about that, so your advices would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you !!!

Cheers,

Anne-Sophie
The best thing to do, is fill out the entire application and then right before you're ready to send it in, get the physical. It should be valid for the entire length of the process. My wife and I sent it all in together.

Kdc1965

Jun 28, 2012
Joshmantis said:
So it doesn't say "in process" yet? Mine says Decision Made for Sponsorship and for the Application it says In Process. When I click on the In Process link it tells me they have been processing my wife's application since July 31st. However, they didn't post this message until August 6th, which means they were working on it for a week before they decided to update the site.
Well, we jist received an email, requesting us for an interview. On sept 20, web site still shows application received.

Joshmantis

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
No notification
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Kdc1965 said:
Well, we jist received an email, requesting us for an interview. On sept 20, web site still shows application received.
The good news is that they will probably give you the resident's permit after the interview before you leave the office. We haven't been asked for an interview, they just requested my wife's passport.

Good luck!

Kdc1965

Jun 28, 2012
Joshmantis said:
The good news is that they will probably give you the resident's permit after the interview before you leave the office. We haven't been asked for an interview, they just requested my wife's passport.

Good luck!
Wow, I hope it's that quick, If work permits, I will return to Beijing for the interview. Then we can all fly back together!

EdRickTaghan

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal (South Shore)
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
29-05-2012
File Transfer...
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-06-2012; Passport received on July 9
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 2012-08-20; Passport Received: 2012-09-30
LANDED..........
2012-10-23 - Tickets bought
Hello Joshmantis,

Just giving you news about my case. Just like you, I hope it will be ended in October.

My wife is member of a QQ group being in the process with CIC. This week, she saw a couple of postings of people getting their approval. They submitted in February so I guess we should get the answer sometimes at the beginning of September.

Let me know if you get news on your side. I will do the same on mine.

See you

danielren

Jun 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Edrick,

Do you mind telling me the number of the QQ group, I would like to join that as well, thank you so much!

EdRickTaghan said:
Hello Joshmantis,

Just giving you news about my case. Just like you, I hope it will be ended in October.

My wife is member of a QQ group being in the process with CIC. This week, she saw a couple of postings of people getting their approval. They submitted in February so I guess we should get the answer sometimes at the beginning of September.

See you

cherrylu

Aug 2, 2012
Hi all

I am a bit confused by the processing of the visa application. Anyone can make it clear for me?

so the first step is the apply for my husband's sponsorship, after we get all the documents done, we send them to:

Case Processing Centre-Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga ON L5A 4N6

And once we get the letter from CIC stating that the sponsorship application is admissible.

We still need to submit another application using " checklist-Documents to enclose"? to :

Direction du courrier et de l'encaissement - Immigration familiale
285,rue Notre-Dame Quest, 4etage
Montreal (Quebec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

so the second step is for undertaking application, and only after that, my file will transfer to HK. ( I am in GZ, china; and my husband is in Quebec)

Am I right? anybody who can share your experience will be much appreciated.

Joshmantis

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
No notification
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
EdRickTaghan said:
Hello Joshmantis,

See you
Sure, I post all my updates on here. They've had my wife's passport since Friday, August 10th, 2012. I'm hoping it's only another week or so until we get resident's permit. I'm really hoping it'll be any day now.