+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011 -2012

QD

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Mississauga123 said:
Processing times in Islamabad boil down to funding of staff. The speed at which processing occurs is directly proportional to staffing in Islamabad, and the number of applications filed.

The Harper government is generally reducing staffing, or placing a freeze on immigration related staff in all embassies across the board. This means things will not get any faster, but not neccessarily worse either.

Typically, more people get married in Pakistan in the winter, and they end up applying for immigration between the months of January - March. From people that work in the Islamabad high commission, what I understand is that almost 50% of family class (spouce and dependant) applications are filed in the first 3-4 months of the year.

You can use this information to figure out if things will get faster or slower.

The only way to make things better and faster in Islamabad is if federal politicians can convince the Harper government to increase funding in the Islamabad High Commission, which is probably never going to happen in this economic environment.
Hard to prdict how processing times are going to be in future but one of the members here gave us one update just a few days ago regarding new hiring at Islamabad. So i'm quite hopeful that things might get faster. you applied in May 2011..have you heard anything from CHC-I as urs is a complete wedding, i have heard such cases are processed faster as compared to others...

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khanb5 said:
thanks you answer my question. That's what exactly I was trying to say that you only have experience just on this experience and I think you are completely aware that not every applicant share their experience on this forum there is only small % of us applicant using this forum and therefore I think without having some additional experience beside being on this forum you should not discourage anyone before they can even take positive step.

I would like to share my personal experience with my lawyer who is being in this field for last 30 years in fact we all are using a forum created by him he own this forum Mr. David Cohen. Since I applied for my wife spousal visa he asked me voluntarily if I would like to get my wife here on visit visa and have indicated to me that it wont create any trouble for my case and also the process is easy and simple and as long as your case is strong there will be no trouble obtaining visit visa. The only reason I didn't proceed with it because I haven't done the ruksati yet and due to our cultural restriction my in-laws wont let me do it before ruksati which I am agree too.

sorry to everyone for sharing such a lengthy story but the whole point is that if such a qualified and professional lawyer said that its possible then for sure it is and we should not limit our self to experience share on this forum we should think out side the box.
Assalamoalecom,

Bhai i do agree wht u tht full marriage is not necessary ......u dnt need to send them any prove lyk mehndi,ruksati or valima pic.............but when we fill our document we dont need to mention cic is this a nikkah case or full ruksati they have nothing to do wht tht just mention tht this person have been married on this date/ for sure reception place/marriage card ,thts all they need ....dnt need to send 100 pic even if we send them 5 pics thts enough(but the decent onces tht make sense) for them they dnt have enough tym to c all those 100 pics..........lastly ur wife address must have ur home address on form.......then it doesnt matter whether its Nikkah case or full ruksati they work same way (thts all true happened wht one of my friend).

Mississauga123

Nov 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QD said:
Hard to prdict how processing times are going to be in future but one of the members here gave us one update just a few days ago regarding new hiring at Islamabad. So i'm quite hopeful that things might get faster. you applied in May 2011..have you heard anything from CHC-I as urs is a complete wedding, i have heard such cases are processed faster as compared to others...
I have not heard anything yet. I know others that applied for a complete wedding in February, and their spouce in Pakistan is now being called in for an interview, or being asked to send in their passports.

I am guessing it will take my case another 3-5 months.

R

raptorsfan

Mississauga123 said:
I have not heard anything yet. I know others that applied for a complete wedding in February, and their spouce in Pakistan is now being called in for an interview, or being asked to send in their passports.

I am Feb file transfer (a complete wedding) and nothing yet....pin drop silence from CHC-I...even Jan file transfers didn't hear anything yet....dunno wat u r talkin bout...

QD

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Mississauga123 said:

here on this forum some applicants from 2011 have also recieved requests from CHC for other docs like remedical and immigration forms but not passport requests. I have heard about one case who applied in jan 2011 and was interviewed in oct 2011 and got the visa too . All in 10 months! but haven't seen such cases on this forum. I think they r from first quarter 2011. U and i fall in second quarter. Let's see how long it is gonna take for us.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
QD said:
here on this forum some applicants from 2011 have also recieved requests from CHC for other docs like remedical and immigration forms but not passport requests. I have heard about one case who applied in jan 2011 and was interviewed in oct 2011 and got the visa too . All in 10 months! but haven't seen such cases on this forum. I think they r from first quarter 2011. U and i fall in second quarter. Let's see how long it is gonna take for us.
InshAllah soon everyone will be done! It does seem like they have picked up the pace as we see they are clearing 2010 files and starting 2011.

khanb5

Aug 8, 2011
sawera said:
Assalamoalecom,

Bhai i do agree wht u tht full marriage is not necessary ......u dnt need to send them any prove lyk mehndi,ruksati or valima pic.............but when we fill our document we dont need to mention cic is this a nikkah case or full ruksati they have nothing to do wht tht just mention tht this person have been married on this date/ for sure reception place/marriage card ,thts all they need ....dnt need to send 100 pic even if we send them 5 pics thts enough(but the decent onces tht make sense) for them they dnt have enough tym to c all those 100 pics..........lastly ur wife address must have ur home address on form.......then it doesnt matter whether its Nikkah case or full ruksati they work same way (thts all true happened wht one of my friend).
very well said sis. I completely agree with you.

Sriz

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5th 2011
File Transfer...
May 27th 2011
Med's Request
June 27th 2012
Med's Done....
August 10th 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th 2012
sawera said:
Assalamoalecom,

As far as I remember, they actually ask u in the application if it's a "Nikkah only" case, I remember because I was surprised that that actually matters cuz it's still a wedding either way

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sriz said:
As far as I remember, they actually ask u in the application if it's a "Nikkah only" case, I remember because I was surprised that that actually matters cuz it's still a wedding either way
I dont think they ask "Nikkah only" case:

1.Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the engagement?

2. Was ther a formal cermony to recognize/celebrate the marriage?

Is all upto us what we write .

in process

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
25th april 2012
Med's Done....
10th sep 2012
Passport Req..
20th may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7th june 2013
LANDED..........
END OF JUNE
Hi,
my wife file received in islamabad feb 3, 2011 still waiting for the next response

secondly
my children citizen application received in islamabad september 2, 2011 and before a week i received official receipt which was hand written and they returned all original documents.. somebody can tell me the processing steps of outside born citizen application.

regards

khan10

Nov 18, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad CIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
File Transfer...
July-2011
Med's Request
Sept-2012
Med's Done....
Sept-2012
Interview........
Waived--Alhamdulillah
VISA ISSUED...
InshaALLAH--SOON
salam to evrey one. any good new

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
Hello everyone,

so i am planing to work on visitor's visa for my husband...(just wanna give it a try)....could someone please please please suggest me all the documents i need...i know you guys posted all info here regarding visitor's visa but i dont know on what page i can find that....so if someone could let me know once again that would be highly appreciated.... :)
thanks,

FM_jun

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
my application is currently in process and is in queue for initial review.....wat does thts mean...i have to wait for how long????

intellix

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
sabii said:
Hello everyone,

so i am planing to work on visitor's visa for my husband...(just wanna give it a try)....could someone please please please suggest me all the documents i need...i know you guys posted all info here regarding visitor's visa but i dont know on what page i can find that....so if someone could let me know once again that would be highly appreciated.... :)
thanks,
Sabii, adilmk posted them on a couple of pages back. Here it is... and I also created a google doc with all of our 2011 cases there, check the link in my signature for updates.

adilmk123 said:
Salary slips, Current employment letter, one more letter from my employer that they have granted me 14 days leave, my wifes PR copy, previous canadian visit visa photocopy & bank statements.

intellix

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
FM_jun said:
my application is currently in process and is in queue for initial review.....wat does thts mean...i have to wait for how long????
Depends on the when CHC-I received your application.. and the timeline varies from straight forward cases being completed as fast as 12-14 months to others taking anywhere from 16-26 months. The initial review is done (on average) after 10-12 months after the file was transferred to CHC-I