+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011 -2012

R

raptorsfan

intellix said:
Sabii, adilmk posted them on a couple of pages back. Here it is... and I also created a google doc with all of our 2011 cases there, check the link in my signature for updates.
actually all these members and their AOR's were put together by khilafah5 and me....u just put it in google docs...dats all....

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
intellix said:
Sabii, adilmk posted them on a couple of pages back. Here it is... and I also created a google doc with all of our 2011 cases there, check the link in my signature for updates.
Perfect! so how long does it take to get approval for visa? and is it issued for 6 months?

Sriz

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5th 2011
File Transfer...
May 27th 2011
Med's Request
June 27th 2012
Med's Done....
August 10th 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th 2012
sabii said:
Perfect! so how long does it take to get approval for visa? and is it issued for 6 months?
it can take from 2 weeks to 2 months, it depends on how suspicious they are about ur case and no it's not always issued for 6 months, time varies depending on what u mention in ur application

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
Sriz said:
it can take from 2 weeks to 2 months, it depends on how suspicious they are about ur case and no it's not always issued for 6 months, time varies depending on what u mention in ur application
thanks for the reply...what r the things that can make application stronger???

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
sabii said:
thanks for the reply...what r the things that can make application stronger???
Lots and lots of communication proofs with all original/valid documentations:

proofs can include: pictures, emails, chats, phone call logs, skype logs, facebook chats, text messages, money transfer receipts, gift receipts, cards, proof of visits to spouse such as passport stamps, tickets, boarding passes, joint account info etc etc and the way you asnser your questions in the sponsorship questionair with supporting evidence...

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
wes786 said:
Lots and lots of communication proofs with all original/valid documentations:

proofs can include: pictures, emails, chats, phone call logs, skype logs, facebook chats, text messages, money transfer receipts, gift receipts, cards, proof of visits to spouse such as passport stamps, tickets, boarding passes, joint account info etc etc and the way you asnser your questions in the sponsorship questionair with supporting evidence...
Thanks for reply Wes bhai but i was wondering abt visitor's visa :) could you tell me what should i attach with the app to increase the chances of approval???

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
sabii said:
Thanks for reply Wes bhai but i was wondering abt visitor's visa :) could you tell me what should i attach with the app to increase the chances of approval???
Letter from employer/university that you are taking a temporary holidays and will come back to join work/university. Pakistani bank statement, papers to any property that belongs to you. Nice strong cover letter explaning why you are going for a visit and why would you come back to Pakistan. Ties to your family, parents, siblings, invitation letter from who you are visiting and whether they would support you and take care of you while in Canada etc...

khanb5

Aug 8, 2011
A Closer Look at Canada’s Family Class Program: Spousal Sponsorships

One of the goals of Canadian immigration is to reunite families in Canada. Earlier this year, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenny announced that the Canadian government would be increasing the number of family reunification visas, especially for spousal and child sponsorships. Family reunification is made possible through the Family Class Immigration Program.

Under the Family Class program, Permanent Residents living in Canada and Canadian citizens may sponsor their family members to become Permanent Residents of Canada. In addition to providing financial support to their sponsored family member, Sponsors must meet other eligibility requirements. Qualified Sponsors can sponsor spouses and common-law partners, parents, children, and other family members to come to Canada. Spousal and child sponsorships are exempt from many requirements of the Family Class program and their applications are prioritized and processed quickly by visa offices.

When sponsoring a spouse or common-law partner, the applicant must provide sufficient evidence to convince the visa officer that they did not enter the relationship primarily for immigration purposes. While many people assume that a marriage certificate is enough to show that a relationship is genuine, this is not always the case. A foreign marriage must be valid under the laws in the country where it took place and under Canadian Federal law. For example, it is not uncommon that applicants are married through arranged marriages, where the bride and groom have not communicated often or have not even met before the wedding. While in general these marriages are legally valid and accepted for Canadian immigration purposes, visa officers often ask for additional documents to prove the relationship is genuine. Examples of documents that may be requested are email correspondences between the couple, telephone bills, photos of meetings and joint trips, and more.

Another situation which may be difficult for spousal sponsorship arises when the applicant or sponsor was previously married before entering the current marriage. Applicants and sponsors who were previously married must show they were legally divorced before they remarried. Certain countries do not allow divorces and in these cases, applicants may have difficulties in proving that their previous marriage ended. If the visa officer is not convinced that the previous marriage was in fact ended by a legal divorce, the current marriage will not be considered valid for Canadian immigration purposes. However, these couples might still qualify for sponsorship as common-law partners.

“While at first glance sponsorship applicants seem relatively simple, they can become complicated when sponsoring a spouse or common-law partner,” says Attorney David Cohen. “It is of the upmost importance that the applicant proves that the relationship between the sponsor and applicant is genuine and this is not always so easy to do. Knowing which documents to provide is essential for a successful sponsorship application.”

If a couple is not legally married, but they have or had been living together for at least one continuous year, they may apply as common-law partners. In general, common-law partners must provide more documents than do spouses. Rather than having a marriage certificate, common-law partners must complete a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union, which is a sworn declaration by the couple that they are in a marriage-like relationship. Furthermore, common-law partners should provide evidence of joint financial accounts, joint property ownership, life insurance policies, attestations from family and friends, etc.

Same-sex couples can also apply for family sponsorship. Currently, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will only acknowledge same-sex couples as spouses if they were married in Canada. Same-sex marriages that are performed outside of Canada are not recognized for Canadian immigration purposes, but these couples can still apply as common-law partners if they have been living together for one continuous year. Common-law documents can be difficult to obtain for same-sex couples, especially in countries that frown upon same-sex relationships. Even when they can cohabitate, these couples may not be able to open joint accounts or openly disclose their relationship to friends and family.

Applicants may be asked to attend an interview with the visa officer reviewing their file. This can be a good opportunity for applicants without a lot of documentation to convince the visa officer that their relationship is genuine. However, it can also be an opportunity for the visa officer to find discrepancies between the responses given in the interview and the information in the documents submitted. A visa officer may ask the applicant details of the sponsor’s life (birth date, hobbies, occupation, religion, etc) and may ask for specific dates and details about the first time the sponsor and applicant met. Insufficient or incorrect responses can lead a visa officer to question whether the relationship is genuine and the sponsorship application can be delayed or even refused.

Contact us to find out how Campbell Cohen can help you prepare and submit a sponsorship application and prepare you for an interview with a visa officer.

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
wes786 said:
Letter from employer/university that you are taking a temporary holidays and will come back to join work/university. Pakistani bank statement, papers to any property that belongs to you. Nice strong cover letter explaning why you are going for a visit and why would you come back to Pakistan. Ties to your family, parents, siblings, invitation letter from who you are visiting and whether they would support you and take care of you while in Canada etc...
please check ur inbox.
thanks,

babarkhan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2011
khanb5 said:
A Closer Look at Canada's Family Class Program: Spousal Sponsorships

One of the goals of Canadian immigration is to reunite families in Canada. Earlier this year, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenny announced that the Canadian government would be increasing the number of family reunification visas, especially for spousal and child sponsorships. Family reunification is made possible through the Family Class Immigration Program.

Under the Family Class program, Permanent Residents living in Canada and Canadian citizens may sponsor their family members to become Permanent Residents of Canada. In addition to providing financial support to their sponsored family member, Sponsors must meet other eligibility requirements. Qualified Sponsors can sponsor spouses and common-law partners, parents, children, and other family members to come to Canada. Spousal and child sponsorships are exempt from many requirements of the Family Class program and their applications are prioritized and processed quickly by visa offices.

When sponsoring a spouse or common-law partner, the applicant must provide sufficient evidence to convince the visa officer that they did not enter the relationship primarily for immigration purposes. While many people assume that a marriage certificate is enough to show that a relationship is genuine, this is not always the case. A foreign marriage must be valid under the laws in the country where it took place and under Canadian Federal law. For example, it is not uncommon that applicants are married through arranged marriages, where the bride and groom have not communicated often or have not even met before the wedding. While in general these marriages are legally valid and accepted for Canadian immigration purposes, visa officers often ask for additional documents to prove the relationship is genuine. Examples of documents that may be requested are email correspondences between the couple, telephone bills, photos of meetings and joint trips, and more.

Another situation which may be difficult for spousal sponsorship arises when the applicant or sponsor was previously married before entering the current marriage. Applicants and sponsors who were previously married must show they were legally divorced before they remarried. Certain countries do not allow divorces and in these cases, applicants may have difficulties in proving that their previous marriage ended. If the visa officer is not convinced that the previous marriage was in fact ended by a legal divorce, the current marriage will not be considered valid for Canadian immigration purposes. However, these couples might still qualify for sponsorship as common-law partners.

“While at first glance sponsorship applicants seem relatively simple, they can become complicated when sponsoring a spouse or common-law partner,” says Attorney David Cohen. “It is of the upmost importance that the applicant proves that the relationship between the sponsor and applicant is genuine and this is not always so easy to do. Knowing which documents to provide is essential for a successful sponsorship application.”

If a couple is not legally married, but they have or had been living together for at least one continuous year, they may apply as common-law partners. In general, common-law partners must provide more documents than do spouses. Rather than having a marriage certificate, common-law partners must complete a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union, which is a sworn declaration by the couple that they are in a marriage-like relationship. Furthermore, common-law partners should provide evidence of joint financial accounts, joint property ownership, life insurance policies, attestations from family and friends, etc.

Same-sex couples can also apply for family sponsorship. Currently, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will only acknowledge same-sex couples as spouses if they were married in Canada. Same-sex marriages that are performed outside of Canada are not recognized for Canadian immigration purposes, but these couples can still apply as common-law partners if they have been living together for one continuous year. Common-law documents can be difficult to obtain for same-sex couples, especially in countries that frown upon same-sex relationships. Even when they can cohabitate, these couples may not be able to open joint accounts or openly disclose their relationship to friends and family.

Applicants may be asked to attend an interview with the visa officer reviewing their file. This can be a good opportunity for applicants without a lot of documentation to convince the visa officer that their relationship is genuine. However, it can also be an opportunity for the visa officer to find discrepancies between the responses given in the interview and the information in the documents submitted. A visa officer may ask the applicant details of the sponsor's life (birth date, hobbies, occupation, religion, etc) and may ask for specific dates and details about the first time the sponsor and applicant met. Insufficient or incorrect responses can lead a visa officer to question whether the relationship is genuine and the sponsorship application can be delayed or even refused.

Contact us to find out how Campbell Cohen can help you prepare and submit a sponsorship application and prepare you for an interview with a visa officer.
How am I suppose to provide them E_mails and Phone bills when I will be living in Pakistan 2 months following my marriage ceremony. I will come back and sponsor her. Roughly i will be able to send them E_mails and Phone bills for 1-2 months. Is it ok?

khushi humesha 100

Nov 20, 2011
Visa Office......
chc -isb (wife case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
File Transfer...
dec 2010
Med's Request
feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th march 2012
Passport Req..
31st july 2012 Alhamdullilah :)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 18th aug PP back with visa on 1st Sep 2012 Alhamdullilah :) :)
LANDED..........
Alhamdullilah sep 30th 2012 :)
if someone from nov or dec 2010 plz kindly let me know if they have received any letter or request from isb. as i heard they have started nov 2010 cases

khanb5

Aug 8, 2011
babarkhan said:
How am I suppose to provide them E_mails and Phone bills when I will be living in Pakistan 2 months following my marriage ceremony. I will come back and sponsor her. Roughly i will be able to send them E_mails and Phone bills for 1-2 months. Is it ok?
babar bhai...First and most congrats in advance. Seconldy its a golden opportunity for you to start collecting proof (if possible) even before wedding. So that means if you communicate through email even now, fb chat, skype video chat or chat logs, call history and also make sure you keep the reciept of the gifts and jewllery you will purchase for wedding. Having all those proof ready even before weding will give a solid picutre of your relationship to CHC and thats exactly what they look for.

Now lets say if you dont communicate with bhabhi before wedding then thats also completely OK...you can provide them with proof whatever you have handy at the time when you submiting your application to CHC and then continue on collecting proof so that you can submite those before CHC begins your inital review which usually take 10-12 months before they even touch your file so you can submit proof for 9 months after your wedding. I hope it helps let me know I can help you in any other way too.

these are some of the proof's which I have submited to CHC along with my application...

1. Certified Nikah Nama.
2. Batt paki rasam pics.
3. Engagement Pics.
4. Nikah pics.
5. Me and wife was invited by couple of our relatives on dinner so pics from there.
6. Invitation card.
7. Jewlery receipt indicate my wife's name for example Mrs. ABC DEF W/O MR. ABC DEF.
8. Gifts receipt. I had my Nikah on 16th Oct so I send her gifts through www.thofay.com on 16th of every month with greeting card.
9. Anniversary, Eid and birthday gifts we send to each other.
10. Letter of confirmation from one the well known bank in Pak confirming our relation and that I send her money on a monthly basis.
11. Money transfer receipt from one of the Pakistani money exchange service here in Toronto.
12. skype video chat proof.
13. sms proof.
14. call proof from both sides.
15. letter of confirmation from my wife's university in Pak confirming our relation along with change in her marital status.
16. proof from Facebook status updates for example me updating the status on my Nikah day and all my friends and relatives commenting on it and also comments on my pics.
17. Email response from Sheraton Hotel and Marina Club in Pak as I already inquire from them the cost for having mehndi and walima so I used their reply through email and send it as one of the proof to show CHC that I already have solid plans of what I will do once they will issue PPR.
18. Donation receipt from selani welfare Indicating that my wife made a donation on her and mine behalf.

I have send all these proof with all those documents that they were asking for such as educational info and NIC along with police clearance certificate

anzee

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
Mar 2012
AOR Received.
Mar 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
Aug 18, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2012
LANDED..........
???????????
sorry to say bahi bura nahi man na hum nay he dimag kharab kia hay CHC-I ka un ke bila waja requirement pori karnay may shadi ke hay koi gunnah nahi kia k dunya bhar ko us ka proof day jo reasonable ho wo hi kafi hay think about another who can't fulfill extra requirement hona ho ga to har tareeqay say ho jaye ga warna chaye dunya bhar k proof dey to karna wohi hay jo wo chaye gay bus Allah say dua karo sab acha or sab ka ho

khanb5 said:
babar bhai...First and most congrats in advance. Seconldy its a golden opportunity for you to start collecting proof (if possible) even before wedding. So that means if you communicate through email even now, fb chat, skype video chat or chat logs, call history and also make sure you keep the reciept of the gifts and jewllery you will purchase for wedding. Having all those proof ready even before weding will give a solid picutre of your relationship to CHC and thats exactly what they look for.

Now lets say if you dont communicate with bhabhi before wedding then thats also completely OK...you can provide them with proof whatever you have handy at the time when you submiting your application to CHC and then continue on collecting proof so that you can submite those before CHC begins your inital review which usually take 10-12 months before they even touch your file so you can submit proof for 9 months after your wedding. I hope it helps let me know I can help you in any other way too.

these are some of the proof's which I have submited to CHC along with my application...

1. Certified Nikah Nama.
2. Batt paki rasam pics.
3. Engagement Pics.
4. Nikah pics.
5. Me and wife was invited by couple of our relatives on dinner so pics from there.
6. Invitation card.
7. Jewlery receipt indicate my wife's name for example Mrs. ABC DEF W/O MR. ABC DEF.
8. Gifts receipt. I had my Nikah on 16th Oct so I send her gifts through www.thofay.com on 16th of every month with greeting card.
9. Anniversary, Eid and birthday gifts we send to each other.
10. Letter of confirmation from one the well known bank in Pak confirming our relation and that I send her money on a monthly basis.
11. Money transfer receipt from one of the Pakistani money exchange service here in Toronto.
12. skype video chat proof.
13. sms proof.
14. call proof from both sides.
15. letter of confirmation from my wife's university in Pak confirming our relation along with change in her marital status.
16. proof from Facebook status updates for example me updating the status on my Nikah day and all my friends and relatives commenting on it and also comments on my pics.
17. Email response from Sheraton Hotel and Marina Club in Pak as I already inquire from them the cost for having mehndi and walima so I used their reply through email and send it as one of the proof to show CHC that I already have solid plans of what I will do once they will issue PPR.
18. Donation receipt from selani welfare Indicating that my wife made a donation on her and mine behalf.

I have send all these proof with all those documents that they were asking for such as educational info and NIC along with police clearance certificate

khanb5

Aug 8, 2011
anzee said:
sorry to say bahi bura nahi man na hum nay he dimag kharab kia hay CHC-I ka un ke bila waja requirement pori karnay may shadi ke hay koi gunnah nahi kia k dunya bhar ko us ka proof day jo reasonable ho wo hi kafi hay think about another who can't fulfill extra requirement hona ho ga to har tareeqay say ho jaye ga warna chaye dunya bhar k proof dey to karna wohi hay jo wo chaye gay bus Allah say dua karo sab acha or sab ka ho
anzee bhai bilkul bhi nahin bura mana mene bilkul sahi kaha apne beshak ALLAH PAK sab k kaam banane wale hain lakin app hi ne to kaha tha k iss se pehel k CHC apko Nikah case ki wajah se objection letter send kare app Feb 2012 mein ruksati karne ja rahey hain to bhai kya yeh CHC ka daar nahin???

Mene to shuroo se kaha hai k ALLAH PAK ne nikah mein barkat aur rehmat daali hai aur abb wohi rasta bhi banayega Ameen. Mene proof zaroor diay hain CHC ko becuase is their right to ask for it and perofrm any necessary investigation BUT yeh however I am against the fact that they can call our nikah not genuine wedding and ask us to perform ruksati yeh unka concern nahin hai k hum ruksati karen ya na karen thats our personal occasion based on our own resourcess avaible and our choice. ALLAH pak sab k kaam banega inshallah is mein bilkul bhi koi shak nahin hai aur ALLAH PAK k liay koi bara kaam nahin hai.

masom_2012

Nov 28, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
april2011
Med's Request
28march2012+Repcc
khanb5 said:
anzee bhai bilkul bhi nahin bura mana mene bilkul sahi kaha apne beshak ALLAH PAK sab k kaam banane wale hain lakin app hi ne to kaha tha k iss se pehel k CHC apko Nikah case ki wajah se objection letter send kare app Feb 2012 mein ruksati karne ja rahey hain to bhai kya yeh CHC ka daar nahin???

Mene to shuroo se kaha hai k ALLAH PAK ne nikah mein barkat aur rehmat daali hai aur abb wohi rasta bhi banayega Ameen. Mene proof zaroor diay hain CHC ko becuase is their right to ask for it and perofrm any necessary investigation BUT yeh however I am against the fact that they can call our nikah not genuine wedding and ask us to perform ruksati yeh unka concern nahin hai k hum ruksati karen ya na karen thats our personal occasion based on our own resourcess avaible and our choice. ALLAH pak sab k kaam banega inshallah is mein bilkul bhi koi shak nahin hai aur ALLAH PAK k liay koi bara kaam nahin hai.
u r rite is mai koi bdi baat nhi k if wo proof mangte hai unka rite hai coz pakistan ki tarha nhi k js ka dil chaha mun utha k agya yaha ,wo q jab tak satisfied nhi hojate kisi ko apni country mai jane dai i thnk jo process hai wo theek hai han but long zaror hai wo b pakistanio k kartot ki waja se aur apne blcl thek kaha k ALLAH k nazdeek ye koi bara kam nhi js ka jab lika hoga jana usko koi b nhi rok paye ga jane se aur INSHA'ALLAH mjhe pora yaqeen hai k sb k kam mai ALLAH jald se jald behtari kare ga mushkil wqt ko face karna aur sabr karna chaye pareshan nhi hona chaye aur sbse bar kar DUA karni chaye coz really duaon se sb kch badal skta hai