+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011 -2012

Raaye

Oct 6, 2011
sabii said:
I know a person from Jan 2011 got re-pcc and remedical (i m not sure what else he received) but right now they r working on 2010 files... Jan is next InshaAllah..dont worry :)

if u r getting the status "file received to isb" thats normal...thats mean they havent started ur process yet (didnt open ur file for initial reveeiew)
Thanks Sabii !!

Raaye

Oct 6, 2011
Ppl any idea what happens if a canadian citizen overstays his/her visa in pakistan. I know there is surcharge fee but do you face any other inconvenience and where the person has to deposit this surcharge fee??

B

bestplace4u

Raaye said:
Ppl any idea what happens if a canadian citizen overstays his/her visa in pakistan. I know there is surcharge fee but do you face any other inconvenience and where the person has to deposit this surcharge fee??
http://www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Visa%20Categories.html

explains everything

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
Dear all,

My spouse and I are in process of finalizing our spousal sponsorship application. We are a bit confused about what to do in situations where we run out of space on a particular question on a form:

The Guide 3999 says "If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it and submit it along with your application". This to me means we need to print an additional page of the same form when we run out of space on a question.

However, the specific forms say "If there is not enough space on the form to answer any questions in full, provide details on additional sheets of paper". This means it's ok to prepare a word document completing the question vs. printing an additional page on the form.

Sorry, I know this question may sound silly, but just trying to be extra cautious: How do you guys interpret the above and what did you do in your case?

Take care and thanks

Ezee

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2011
Doc's Request.
11/06/2012
AOR Received.
21/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/11/2011
Med's Request
06/18/2013
Med's Done....
06/26/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06/18/2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/15/2013
LANDED..........
23/07/2013
immigratingcanada2011 said:
Dear all,

My spouse and I are in process of finalizing our spousal sponsorship application. We are a bit confused about what to do in situations where we run out of space on a particular question on a form:

The Guide 3999 says "If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it and submit it along with your application". This to me means we need to print an additional page of the same form when we run out of space on a question.

However, the specific forms say "If there is not enough space on the form to answer any questions in full, provide details on additional sheets of paper". This means it's ok to prepare a word document completing the question vs. printing an additional page on the form.

Sorry, I know this question may sound silly, but just trying to be extra cautious: How do you guys interpret the above and what did you do in your case?

Take care and thanks
Option 2- Just attach extra sheet of paper

Ezee

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2011
Doc's Request.
11/06/2012
AOR Received.
21/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/11/2011
Med's Request
06/18/2013
Med's Done....
06/26/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06/18/2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/15/2013
LANDED..........
23/07/2013
tuco said:
it's better idea if you send them proofs and photos at the end of your visit i.e when you're back to canada..........and don't worry about 5 days stay after marriage......most of the people go through the same.......my wife also stayed with me for like 15 days only after marriage
and glad to know you're from lahore
Thanks for reply and Lahori jee ayanoo

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
Dear all,

Take care and thanks
For the forms like educational and personal history I would print the 2nd copy of the page of the form but if explaining wedding detail ( I think form 5490 if I m not mistaken) I would write on a blank paper with form # question # and sheet#...

khani6

Dec 16, 2011
Hello guys,

I am visiting Lahore and me and my wife are also planning to visit Murree. On our way to Murree, I was thinking of visiting the Canadian Embassy in Islamabad. Do you guys think it's a good idea? If yes, how would you get an appointment with an immigration representative? I am under a time constraint so i need to book an urgent appointment. Thanks AH

sabii said:
For the forms like educational and personal history I would print the 2nd copy of the page of the form but if explaining wedding detail ( I think form 5490 if I m not mistaken) I would write on a blank paper with form # question # and sheet#...

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
khani6 said:
Hello guys,

I am visiting Lahore and me and my wife are also planning to visit Murree. On our way to Murree, I was thinking of visiting the Canadian Embassy in Islamabad. Do you guys think it's a good idea? If yes, how would you get an appointment with an immigration representative? I am under a time constraint so i need to book an urgent appointment. Thanks AH
No point of making an appointment with them. They wouldn't even talk to you about your case. Its a waste of time as a couple of people have tried to do the same in the past.

STH

Dec 26, 2011
Omar Mirza said:
Thats exactly how i did it and worked out well for me :)

I had bought some transparent thin plastic file covers from staples and labelled them. All 4 files i made for the case had their respective stickers on the front.
Make sure you are not missing any documents and also that all the documents are in the right order in the right file :)

1) Sponsor Forms ----- Sticker on file saying Sponsor forms
2) Applicants Forms ----- Sticker on file saying Applicants forms
3) Supporting Documents ----- Sticker on file saying supporting Documents
4) Wedding Proofs ----- Sticker on file saying Wedding Proofs
Dear Friend,
Above suggestions are great. I suggest you use the mailing address labels available in Staples and print name of people for each photo and stick them behind the photo. The more you write, the less they ask about photos. I have seen wrote with pen at the back of each wedding photo but wasn't enough. This way, you can print up to 36 stickers per page. It would look clean and also you can type more than writing with pen. Also, it helps you keep record of which photos you sent and if in future they ask, you don't send the same copies.

Good luck!

STH

Dec 26, 2011
Dear all,

Take care and thanks
I suggest you print the same page as much as you need, but fill only the part that ran out of space. You don't need to fill each part again. Write down A, B, C, in each page you add to show it is the continuation of previous page.

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
Guys,

I just got a call from Pakistani embassy in Toronto. I emailed them regarding the lengthy processing time for spousal sponsorship from Pakistan. They followed up with me today and asked me to provide the link where it shows the official sponsorship time and they will take this issue to the higher authorities both in Ottawa and Islamabad. He agreed with me that it is brutal and unacceptable and shows that we are being discriminated against. When I told him the timeline for India, he couldn't believe it and assured me that he will do everything possible to take this issue to higher authorities. In the end he thanked me for bringing up this issue and told me that he will follow up with me soon.

Lets hope there will be something done to reduce the timeline as more pressure would be put on the Canadian Government to speed up spousal sponsorship Visa InshaAllah :)

Far away

Jan 14, 2012
Hi. there is one suggestion to discrease this time line. If some body files a lawsuit against immigration department and ask for compensation for mentally torture, Stress and pain by seperating our spouses for a long time. Then I think Govt will take some measures to dicrease this time line. Specially those people who already united after a long 2 or 3 years period. Its good oppourtunity for those people who are waiting for a long time. or who already landed here after a long wait. They will also get some financial aid and also help others to reduce the time.\
thanks

sdfr0024

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
03 May 2013
File Transfer...
06 June 2012
Med's Request
08 August 2013
Med's Done....
25 Jan 2012 Expired
Passport Req..
08 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11 September 2013
Salaam everyone, i was hoping someone could help me out with this. I sent my spousal application 2 days back to CIC-M. Actually i sent it through Canada Post Xpress with trackable number and a signature required.. However, i haven't received nay confirmation from Canada post, however i should have received it till now. I m confused whether it is the right process of sending in to CIC P.O.BOX 3000 or did i do something wrong?? Really need to sort this out.. your comments would be highly appreciated.

Thanks !!

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
Danny4450 said:
Guys,

I just got a call from Pakistani embassy in Toronto. I emailed them regarding the lengthy processing time for spousal sponsorship from Pakistan. They followed up with me today and asked me to provide the link where it shows the official sponsorship time and they will take this issue to the higher authorities both in Ottawa and Islamabad. He agreed with me that it is brutal and unacceptable and shows that we are being discriminated against. When I told him the timeline for India, he couldn't believe it and assured me that he will do everything possible to take this issue to higher authorities. In the end he thanked me for bringing up this issue and told me that he will follow up with me soon.

Lets hope there will be something done to reduce the timeline as more pressure would be put on the Canadian Government to speed up spousal sponsorship Visa InshaAllah :)
That's goood. Let's hope keep going faster ASAP!